Famous Quotes About Love On First Sight
Browse 24 famous quotes and sayings about Love On First Sight.
Top Quotes About Love On First Sight
1. "Can Power speak the truth to love? These men certainly blurted it out. And what did we learn from them? That power is blind, and love at first sight is a fickle judge of those who grasp too desperately."
Author: Benson Bruno
2. "He sighed deeply: to fall in love at first sight with this malodorous sleeping girl, with, as far as he could see, no pretensions to beauty or even good looks, was something he had not expected. But falling in love, he had always understood, was unpredictable, and, as far as he was concerned, irrevocable That they hadn't exchanged a word, nor spoken, made no difference. He, heart whole until that minute, and with no intention of marrying until it suited him, had lost that same heart."
Author: Betty Neels
3. "Yes, I was in love with my husband at first sight and still am. We have the most solid relationship."
Author: Catherine Zeta Jones
4. "But are the twin souls destined to be together? Synchronicity is at work here to bring the two back together again. How entrancing to find the same magical alchemy still at work, just as it was at the first meeting – a recognition of a deep rooted love so entrenched and so accepted, it could only have been forged in other lifetimes together. And probably that is what love at first sight is, recognition of an ancient love."
Author: Chimnese Davids
5. "You have to know someone intimately to be able to love them. So love at first sight is a contradiction in terms. Unless in that first sight there's some sort of mystical gigabyte downloading of information from one mind into the other."
Author: David Mitchell
6. "My father said that love at first sight should send you running, if you know what's good for you. It's your dark pieces having instant recognition with their dark pieces, he says. You're an idiot if you think it means you've met your soul mate. So I was an idiot."
Author: Deb Caletti
7. "My father, Bobby Oates*, said that love at first sight should send you running, if you know what's good for you. It's your dark pieces having instant recognition with their dark pieces, he says. You're an idiot if you think it means you've met your soul mate. So I was an idiot. He looked so nice. He was so nice."
Author: Deb Caletti
8. "That's what came from having romance in your soul. You believe in things like love at first sight and perfect presents."
Author: Dorothy Koomson
9. "To love mankind for the sake of God-that has been the most nobel and far-fetched feeling yet achieved by human beings. The idea that without some sanctifying ulterior motive, a love of mankind is just one more brutish stupidity, that the predisposition to such a love must first find its weight, its refinement, its grain of salt and pinch of ambergris in another even higher predisposition-whoever first felt and 'witnessed' this, and however much his tongue may have stuttered in attempting to express such a delicate idea: may he remain forever venerable and holy in our sight as the man who as yet has flown the highest and erred the most beautifully!"
Author: Friedrich Nietzsche
10. "Having her in my arms feels like coming home. I am not one to believe in all that love at first sight bullshit, but even as cynical as I am, I can recognize something bigger than lust at work. My body wants her; that is no secret, but the level of want is borderline craving. I need her. Needing someone is not something I am used to. No, I am used to being needed… something this woman clearly doesn't want."
Author: Harper Sloan
11. "Look here', said Albert,'I have wished I could make you happy from that first moment when I met you in the rain. It is a very strange thing. One reads in books about love at first sight, but one never believes that it happens to people in real life. And then it was love at first sight with me myself...I felt at once that you were what people call one's better self. The other girls have all been strangers, somehow, but you were like me...As to myself,' he said, 'I have always been lonely in a way. I have never had a real friend. Now I have got you...I have never believed that I was going to be really (in love). It is a very strange thing. Now I should be wonderfully happy if I could make you happy at all."
Author: Isak Dinesen
12. "The only true love is love at first sight; second sight dispels it."
Author: Israel Zangwill
13. "If I could cut out my beating heart and put it in a box and forget about it, I would. Maybe I would pad the box with our photos of you, our love letters, a lock of your hair and that heart-shaped perfume bottle, the one that I gave you for your birthday. You always said it was your favorite. Maybe if I put the box up in the attic,some place out of sight and sound,I could forget you. (sigh)I force myself to look around my yard. The sun is brilliant against the bright blue sky,birds are singing out their borders and gathering twigs and grasses for nesting, and the late-season daffodils are bursting an egg-yolk yellow. I feel myself smile. For the first time this season,I spot a Peace rose, a sunshine-swelled bloom of yellow and pink flame. I inhale the bloom's faintly sweet fragrance,which floats delicate memories of youacross my mind's eye — I am happy. Without thinking, I turn to the houseto call you.If only It was that easy."
Author: Jeffrey A. White
14. "But saints and angels behold that glory of God which consists in the beauty of His holiness; and it is this sight only that will melt and humble the hearts of men, wean them from the world, draw them to God, and effectually change them. A sight of the awful greatness of God may overpower men's strength, and be more than they can endure; but if the moral beauty of God be hid, the enmity of the heart will remain in its full strength. No love will be enkindled; the will, instead of being effectually gained, will remain inflexible. But the first glimpse of the moral and spiritual glory of God shining into the heart produces all these effects as it were with omnipotent power, which nothing can withstand."
Author: Jonathan Edwards
15. "Insta-love isn't something that happens in real life. Ithappens in the books I read, but not in the world I live. Though herestands this beautiful, sexy, funny, sweet and amazing guy who hasdone everything short of professing love at first sight to me and I'mstill standing here like a pair of lungs suffocating, needing him inorder to breathe."
Author: Kathryn Perez
16. "I believe love at first sight is possible. Centuries of literature and art and beauty has been dedicated to that idea, so who am I to argue, even if I've never experienced it?"
Author: Maggie Grace
17. "I have heard stories that it was love at first sight for both of us, that we disappeared to a guest room at Merle's house, had our meals sent up, and didn't emerge for several days. This is absolutely untrue. I would never behave like that as a guest in someone's home. Carlos and I went to my beach house."
Author: Martha Graham
18. "How can you fall in love at first sight when you can't even see?"
Author: Melinda Cross
19. "If you say the words love at first sight I'm taking your man card."
Author: Melissa Hale
20. "It's pathetic, I knew I did from that first moment we met. It was...not love at first sight exactly, but - familiarity. Like: oh, hello, it's you. It's going to be you. Game over."-Ben"
Author: Mhairi McFarlane
21. "The advantage of love at first sight is that it delays a second sight."
Author: Natalie Clifford Barney
22. "I happened to be in Shelby's shop when a basket of strawberries was delivered," she added casually. "You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you, dear?""Strawberries?" Alan gave her another noncommittal smile. "I'm quite fond of them myself.""I'm much too clever to be conned," Myra told him, shaking her finger. "And I know you entirely too well.A man like you doesn't send baskets of strawberries or spend afternoons at the zoo unless he's infatuated.""I'm not infatuated with Shelby," Alan corrected mildly as he sipped his tea. "I'm in love with her."Myra's planned retort came out as a huff of breath. "Well then," she managed. "That was quicker than even I expected.""It was instant," Alan murmured, not quite as easy now that he'd made the statement."Lovely." Myra leaned forward to pat his knee. "I can't think of anyone who deserves the shock of love at first sight more."
Author: Nora Roberts
23. "I don't know who she is, or, if she will ever love me or not. But, I'm falling for her, in just one meeting. Is love at first sight for real? No, no, this is so unreal. Will she love me? Maybe love is unconditional. God… I'm crazy… I'm in love."
Author: Rohit Sharma
24. "The process of falling in love at first sight is as final as it is swift in such a case, but the growth of true friendship may be a lifelong affair."
Author: Sarah Orne Jewett
Quotes About Love On First Sight Pictures