Famous Quotes About Love Poetic
Browse 14 famous quotes and sayings about Love Poetic.
Top Quotes About Love Poetic
1. "Every fairy tale offers the potential to surpass present limits, so in a sense the fairy tale offers you freedoms that reality denies. In all great works of fiction, regardless of the grim reality they present, there is an affirmation of life against the transience of that life, an essential defiance. The affirmation lies in the way the author takes control of reality by retelling it in his own way, thus creating a new world. Every great work of art, I would declare pompously, is a celebration, an act of insubordination against the betrayals, horrors and infidelities of life. The perfection and beauty of form rebels against the ugliness and shabiness of the subject matter. This is why we love "Madame Bovary" and cry for Emma, why we greedily read "Lolita" as our heart breaks for its small, vulgar, poetic and defiant orphaned heroine."
Author: Azar Nafisi
2. "I could sing you a thousand and one doo-wop songs. I love the simplicity in that music. It's not super-poetic, it's just from the heart."
Author: Bruno Mars
3. "So, kid, you've got to live,and not just that stoic existence you've been stomping trough all this time.You've got to be kind,you've got to fall in love,fall out of love,no matter how much it hurtsbecause my god,it's worth it. Don't let the world turn you to stone;you've got to feel.And sometimes,your heart will threaten to march right out of your chest because you're so fucking full of it all-of the people, the places,the endless days,the eternal nights-and kid, that's fine.Be brave.Courage isn't measured by thenumber of people you've turned awayor by the counts of the nights you'vespent alone because you refuse to give someone the chance to love you. Being alone is not poetic;you've got to let them in.Let them peel back your skinand waltz into your bloodstreamand love them,love them,love them.And finally, kid,your life has already begun.Stop waiting.Chaos is already underway."
Author: Emily Palermo
4. "I always had understood that dying of love was mere poetic license."
Author: Gabriel García Márquez
5. "I am no poet, only poeticwho could never kiss the moon in the evening twilight;nor a man with a heart of roses,to exude the fragrance of his love.I am no poet, who can pen profound mysteries about the past,nor a man of beautiful promisesto be kept safe until the world is dust.I am no poet, only poeticwho could never touch the soulsof every woman's dreams;nor a man with arms of a gladiator,to protect her foreverfrom the shadows of her grief.And as the sun sets in the horizonfrom another blemished morning end,resembles tears of thine eyes;for my love for you, my majesty,will never be enthroned into your kingdom,like when I am with you, like I am to you,my tongue speaks,I am no poet, only poetic."
Author: Jelord Klinn Cabresos
6. "Lovers' language, give me an exact and poetic comparison to say what those eyes of Capitu were like. No image comes to mind that doesn't offend against the rules of good style, to say what they were and what they did to me. Undertow eyes? Why not? Undertow. That's the notion that the new expression put in my head. They held some kind of mysterious, active fluid, a force that dragged one in, like the undertow of a wave retreating from the shore on stormy days. So as not to be dragged in, I held onto anything around them, her ears, her arms, her hair spread about her shoulders; but as soon as I returned to the pupils of her eyes again, the wave emerging from them grew towards me, deep and dark, threatening to envelop me, draw me in and swallow me up."
Author: Machado De Assis
7. "Metaphors are dangerous. Love begins with a metaphor. Which is to say, love begins at the point when a woman enters her first word into our poetic memory."
Author: Milan Kundera
8. "I revere the word of God for I love its poetic force. I loathe the word of God for I hate its cruelty. The love is a difficult love for it must incessantly separate the luminosity of the words and the violent verbal subjugation by a complacent God. The hatred is a difficult hatred for how can you allow yourself to hate words that are part of the melody of life in this part of the world? Words that taught us early on what reverence is?"
Author: Pascal Mercier
9. "I love Tennessee Williams pieces; they are so poetic and I love period pieces."
Author: Richard Hatch
10. "Love encompasses so much, reaches so far, and heals so deeply, that any attempt to describe it, no matter how poetic, only dilutes it."
Author: Steve Maraboli
11. "Because philosophy arises from awe, a philosopher is bound in his way to be a lover of myths and poetic fables. Poets and philosophers are alike in being big with wonder."
Author: Thomas Aquinas
12. "So much of what I love about poetry lies in the vast possibilities of voice, the spectacular range of idiosyncratic flavors that can be embedded in a particular human voice reporting from the field. One beautiful axis of voice is the one that runs between vulnerability and detachment, between 'It hurts to be alive' and 'I can see a million miles from here.' A good poetic voice can do both at once."
Author: Tony Hoagland
13. "No, I don't mean love, when I say patriotism. I mean fear. The fear of the other. And its expressions are political, not poetical: hate, rivalry, aggression."
Author: Ursula K. Le Guin
14. "You are ugly when you love her, you are beautiful and fresh, vital and free, modern and poetic when you don't... you are more beautiful as an orphan than as your mother's son."
Author: Witold Gombrowicz
Quotes About Love Poetic Pictures