Famous Quotes About Love Self
Browse 13 famous quotes and sayings about Love Self.
Top Quotes About Love Self
1. "Before the thunderous clamor of political debate or war set loose in the world, love insisted on its promise for the possibility of human unity: between men and women, between blacks and whites, northerners and southerners, haves and have-have-nots, self and self."
2. "Have love for your inner Self and everything else is done for you."
Author: Amit Ray
3. "For once, Frances is stripped of irony. She is in the presence of something bigger--namely Herself. Or at least the self implied by her new body. This is how the Blessed Virgin visits us. She inhabits our own flesh and makes love out of it. Nothing is ironic in the moment of first love. And Frances is in love. With her body, and what it is bringing forth."
Author: Ann Marie MacDonald
4. "The rich, the poor, the high professor and the prophane [sic], seem all to be infected with this grievous disorder, so that the love of our neighbor seems to be quite banished, the love of self and opinions so far prevails."
Author: Christopher Marshall
5. "It is a mark of the depth of their wounding that they are pretending they suspected it all along. Everything that they have seen and been told about love so far has been an inside perspective, and they are not prepared for the crashing weight of this exclusion. It dawns on them now how much they never saw and how little they were wanted, and with this dawning comes a painful re-imagining of the self as peripheral, uninvited, and utterly minor."
Author: Eleanor Catton
6. "I grieve and dare not show my discontent, I love and yet am forced to seem to hate,I do, yet dare not say I ever meant, I seem stark mute but inwardly do prate. I am and not, I freeze and yet am burned, Since from myself another self I turned. My care is like my shadow in the sun, Follows me flying, flies when I pursue it, Stands and lies by me, doth what I have done."
Author: Elizabeth I Tudor
7. "In order to love others, we have to love ourselves deeply enough, to be able to forgive ourselves and become responsible, with self respect and dignity. This self love is Divine Love, for oneself and for all."
Author: Gian Kumar
8. "First we must understand that all of the world's deceptions flow from the belief that love is primarily for the fulfillment and comfort of the self. The world poisons love by focusing first and foremost on meeting one's own needs.Christ taught that love is not for the fulfillment of the self but for the Glory of God and the food of others. True love is selfless. It gives; it sacrifices; it dies to its own needs."
Author: Joshua Harris
9. "Let us always remember our fallen ones all those around world who are suffering due to tragic events, famine, disease, poverty, and needless wars. May we open our minds and realize that we are all one in the same. We are all human no matter where it is in the world you are from. We all breathe the same air, and walk on the same earth. Love self and each other as self and begin to mend the world beginning with self."
Author: Kenneth G. Ortiz
10. "At times poetry is the vertigo of bodies and the vertigo of speech and the vertigo of death;the walk with eyes closed along the edge of the cliff, and the verbena in submarine gardens;the laughter that sets on fire the rules and the holy commandments;the descent of parachuting words onto the sands of the page;the despair that boards a paper boat and crosses,for forty nights and forty days, the night-sorrow sea and the day-sorrow desert;the idolatry of the self and the desecration of the self and the dissipation of the self;the beheading of epithets, the burial of mirrors;the recollection of pronouns freshly cut in thegarden of Epicurus, and the garden of Netzahualcoyotl;the flute solo on the terrace of memory and the dance of flames in the cave of thought;the migrations of millions of verbs, wings and claws, seeds and hands;the nouns, bony and full of roots, planted on the waves of language;the love unseen and the love unheard and the love unsaid: the love in love."
Author: Octavio Paz
11. "In the sweet light of love I believed I was able to recognize—or required to feel—that the inward self is the only self which really exists."
Author: Robert Walser
12. "What you love is a sign from your higher self of what you are to do."
Author: Sanaya Roman
13. "Our time and attention is scarce. Art is not that important to us, no matter what we might like to believe… Our love of art is often quite temporary, dependent upon our moods, and our love of art is subservient to our demand for a positive self image. How we look at art should account for those imperfections and work around them. Keep in mind that books, like art museums, are not always geared to the desires of the reader. Maybe we think we are supposed to like tough books, but are we? Who says? Many writers (and art museums) produce for quite a small subsample of the… public."
Author: Tyler Cowen
Quotes About Love Self Pictures