Famous Quotes About Loving Yourself On Valentines Day
Browse 28 famous quotes and sayings about Loving Yourself On Valentines Day.
Top Quotes About Loving Yourself On Valentines Day
1. "In real life, Snow White stays dead and Rapunzel grows old, alone in her tower. In real life, you gotta have enough sense to stay away from ugly bitches offering you shiny apples and have enough balls to cut off your own hair and use it as a ladder if needs be. In real life, you gotta save yourself and the only happy endings are the ones paid for in massage parlors."
Author: Amy Sumida
2. "If you don't put 99 percent of yourself into the writing, there will be no publishing career. There's the writer and there's the author. The author - you don't ever think about the author. Just think about the writer. So my advice would be, find a way to not care - easier said than done."
Author: Andre Dubus III
3. "A day without an argument is like an egg without salt."
Author: Angela Carter
4. "Had he lived some centuries ago, in the brightly coloured civilizations of the past, he would have had a definite status, his rank and his income would have corresponded. But in his day the angel of Democracy had arisen, enshadowing the classes with leathern wings, and proclaiming, "All men are equal--all men, that is to say, who possess umbrellas..."
Author: E.M. Forster
5. "Single life may be only a stage of a life's journey, but even a stage is a gift. God may replace it with another gift, but the receiver accepts His gifts with thanksgiving. This gift for this day. The life of faith is lived one day at a time, and it has to be lived—not always looked forward to as though the "real" living were around the next corner. It is today for which we are responsible. God still owns tomorrow."
Author: Elisabeth Elliot
6. "It was, at last, real life, with my heart safe and condemned to die of happy love in the joyful agony of any day after my hundredth birthday."
Author: Gabriel García Márquez
7. "Spend time to love yourself and the aging process involved. Your growth vintage is priceless."
Author: Gloria D. Gonsalves
8. "But can one be a blessing merely by being cheerful? Yes; moral beauty of any kind exerts a silent influence for good. It is like a sweet flower by the wayside, which has a benediction for everyone who passes by. A legend tells how one day in Galilee the useful corn spurned the lilies because they fed no one's hunger. "One cannot earn a living just by being sweet," said the proud cereal. The lilies said nothing in reply, only seemed the sweeter, then the Master came that way; and while his disciples rested at his feet, and the rustling corn invited them to eat, he said, "Children, the life is more than meat. Consider the lilies, how beautiful they grow." It certainly seemed worth while then just to be sweet, for it pleased the Master."
Author: J.R. Miller
9. "In a brave and noble way, I want to sacrifice my life one day so that two of my clones can live."
Author: Jarod Kintz
10. "I feel like I failed," I said. "Don't beat yourself up," Jim said. "She might not have turned out like you planned, but that don't mean she turned out wrong."
Author: Jeannette Walls
11. "A prank a day keeps the dog leash away."
Author: Jello Biafra
12. "Laura Ingalls Wilder should have been in class with us, too. With friends like us, she never would have had to put up with Nelly Olsens or Jenny Pratts. With friends like us, she never would have had to feel bad about wearing her same dress every single day of her life."
Author: Jennifer Gooch Hummer
13. "Karrin."She looked up at me. She looked very young somehow."Remember what I said yesterday," I said. "You're hurt. But you'll get through it. You'll be okay."She closed her eyes tightly. "I'm scared. So scared I'm sick.""You'll get through it.""What if I don't?"I squeezed her fingers. "Then I will personally make fun of you every day for the rest of your life," I said. "I will call you a sissy girl in front of everyone you know, tie frilly aprons on your car, and lurk in the parking lot at CPD and whistle and tell you to shake it, baby. Every. Single. Day."Murphy's breath escaped in something like a hiccup. She opened her eyes, a mix of anger and wary amusement easing into them in place of fear. "You do realize I'm holding a gun, right?"
Author: Jim Butcher
14. "Is every day an adventure with its own drive? Or an interlocked link in the chain of our life?Are we, then, the masters of our own milky way?Or just conductors, confined to the music of today?"
Author: Joan Marques
15. "Take life on life's terms - one day at a time. And have fun while you're doing it."
Author: Joe Perry
16. "Boast of Quietness"Writings of light assault the darkness, more prodigious than meteors.The tall unknowable city takes over the countryside.Sure of my life and death, I observe the ambitious and would like tounderstand them.Their day is greedy as a lariat in the air.Their night is a rest from the rage within steel, quick to attack.They speak of humanity.My humanity is in feeling we are all voices of that same poverty.They speak of homeland.My homeland is the rhythm of a guitar, a few portraits, an old sword,the willow grove's visible prayer as evening falls.Time is living me.More silent than my shadow, I pass through the loftily covetous multitude.They are indispensable, singular, worthy of tomorrow.My name is someone and anyone.I walk slowly, like one who comes from so far away he doesn't expect to arrive"
Author: Jorge Luis Borges
17. "Make yourself look really stupid so you don't feel bad doing something a little stupid."
Author: Mark Hoppus
18. "True love means knowing that your love may never be returned, and loving all the more because of it."
Author: Michel Templet
19. "When you sit face to face with someone who is pleasant, respectful, and polite, you have hard time reminding yourself that nothing he says is true/sincere."
Author: Milan Kundera
20. "The biggest ingredient in a best friend is someone whose actions you respect and who you can truly be yourself around."
Author: Renee Olstead
21. "Why make yourself miserable saying things like, "Why do we have such bad luck? What has God done to us? What have we done to deserve this?" - all of which, if you understand reality and take it completely into your heart, are irrelevant and unsolvable. They are just things that nobody can know. Your situation is just an accident of life."
Author: Richard P. Feynman
22. "Magic Words""Silly words cause trills because they're ludicrous and funny.Happy words paint endless smilesand swallow troubles whole.Thoughtful words are thusbecause they make the day feel sunny.But hurtful words are suchthat pierce the heart and weigh the soul."
Author: Richelle E. Goodrich
23. "So the point is, I don't have a right to tell anybody what's right or wrong about their lives. Who am I to tell you at any given moment of the day what would be right for you?"
Author: Robin Quivers
24. "Grace is available for each of us every day - our spiritual daily bread - but we've got to remember to ask for it with a grateful heart and not worry about whether there will be enough for tomorrow."
Author: Sarah Ban Breathnach
25. "If you do not believe yourself no one else will."
Author: Sheryl Swoopes
26. "Gossip says she hanged herself from the turret on the tower, but when you have a house like Hill House with a tower and a turret, gossip would hardly allow you to hang yourself anywhere else."
Author: Shirley Jackson
27. "Here's to responsibility," he toasted. "Twice a week.""And recklessness every day in between," I emphasized.He grinned and touched his can to mine."
Author: Stephenie Meyer
28. "When I hear another express an opinion which is not mine, I say to myself, he has a right to his opinion, as I to mine. Why should I question it? His error does me no injury, and shall I become a Don Quixote, to bring all men by force of argument to one opinion? ...Be a listener only, keep within yourself, and endeavor to establish with yourself the habit of silence, especially in politics."
Author: Thomas Jefferson
Quotes About Loving Yourself On Valentines Day Pictures