Famous Quotes About Loyalty And Brotherhood
Browse 19 famous quotes and sayings about Loyalty And Brotherhood.
Top Quotes About Loyalty And Brotherhood
1. "You're not hurt, Watson? For God's sake, say that you are not hurt!"It was worth a wound -- it was worth many wounds -- to know the depth of loyalty and love which lay behind that cold mask. The clear, hard eyes were dimmed for a moment, and the firm lips were shaking. For the one and only time I caught a glimpse of a great heart as well as of a great brain. All my years of humble but single-minded service culminated in that moment of revelation."
Author: Arthur Conan Doyle
2. "The brotherhood of man is the only fraternity that's proud to rush anyone, but most never get past the hazing stage."
3. "How long can I listen to the lies of prejudice? How long can I stay drunk on fear out in the wilderness? Can I cast it aside, all this loyalty and this pride? Will I ever learn that there'll be no peace, that the war won't cease, until He returns?"
Author: Bob Dylan
4. "Leaf fans loyalty is unshakeable. The fans keep coming back and it hurts, I have been there. I have lost in game six to go to the finals with the Maple Leafs, against Carolina and what a great final that would have been."
Author: Curtis Joseph
5. "I'm Native American, so it's in my blood to always want brothers and friends. I'm a good brotherhood guy."
Author: Duane Chapman
6. "When I tell you to take guards, fucking take guards. These bastards owe me their fucking loyalty for a reason and if I tell them to hold your fucking handbag and paint your toenails, they'll bloody to it!" He spun at the guard who was standing silently by the door. "If you ever paint her toenails, I'll fucking kill you."
Author: Elizabeth Hunter
7. "People learn to shop for churches; there is no loyalty to the church. They're consumers being attracted to one product or another. I think it's sacrilege, to tell you the truth, it really is."
Author: Eugene H. Peterson
8. "This whole tribal loyalty seems to have gone."
Author: Fiona Shaw
9. "I still owe a duty of loyalty to my clients and former clients, so I cannot specify which clients I did not especially find congenial, but the cause was the same."
Author: Floyd Abrams
10. "The time for politics and party loyalty is over. Do your own homework. If you just take the administration's word for it (or John McCain or John Boehner or Lindsey Graham's for that matter) that it's ‘slam dunk' case, I believe you are part of the problem. Likewise, if you are against it just because I said so but you really don't know why – you are part of the problem too. You are stopping, dare I say it – progress. If we continue to allow others to dictate our thinking then we deserve what we reap. But the innocent people who will suffer in the Middle East do not."
Author: Glenn Beck
11. "A wife's loyalty is tested when her husband has nothing. A husband's loyalty is tested when he has everything."
Author: Habeeb Akande
12. "But still – that is our vocation: to convert the hostis into a hospes, the enemy into a guest and to create the free and fearless space where brotherhood and sisterhood can be formed and fully experienced."
Author: Henri J.M. Nouwen
13. "If I profess with loudest voice and clearest exposition every portion of the truth of God except that little point which the world and the Devil are at that moment attacking, I am not confessing Christ, however boldly I may be professing Christ. Where the battle rages, there the loyalty of the soldier is proved, and to be steady on all the battlefield besides, is mere flight and disgrace if he flinches at that point."
Author: Martin Luther
14. "What I'm saying to you this morning is that Communism forgets that life is individual. Capitalism forgets that life is social, and the Kingdom of Brotherhood is found neither in the thesis of Communism nor the antithesis of capitalism but in a higher synthesis."
Author: Martin Luther King Jr.
15. "You will reciprocally promise love, loyalty and matrimonial honesty. We only want for you this day that these words constitute the principle of your entire life and that with the help of divine grace you will observe these solemn vows that today, before God, you formulate."
Author: Pope John Paul II
16. "I cannot lead you into battle. I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else - I can give my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations."
Author: Queen Elizabeth II
17. "Sometimes, loyalty gets in the way of what you want to do. Sometimes, it's not your secret to tell."
Author: Stephenie Meyer
18. "I wrote the Brotherhood song for no money out of my deep feelings about humanity, and because I was flattered that whatever talents I had, had been recognized."
Author: Tom Glazer
19. "The rock, when one came to think of it, was the utmost expression of human need; even mere feeling yearned for it; it was the highest comparison of loyalty in love and friendship. Christ Himself had used that comparison for the disciple to whom He gave the keys of His Church. And the Hebrews of the Old Testament, always being carried captive into foreign lands,--their rock was an idea of God, the only thing their conquerors could not take from them."
Author: Willa Cather
Quotes About Loyalty And Brotherhood Pictures