Famous Quotes About Luckier
Browse 26 famous quotes and sayings about Luckier.
Top Quotes About Luckier
1. "Lie you easy, dream you light,And sleep you fast for aye;And luckier may you find the nightThan ever you found the day."
Author: A.E. Housman
2. "I suppose a lot of teenage girls feel invisible sometimes, like they just disappear. Well, that's me—Cammie the Chameleon. But I'm luckier than most because, at my school, that's considered cool. I go to a school for spies."
Author: Ally Carter
3. "Oh, it's very hard, "Clare says, sitting down slowly and not too close. "Oh, I miss him so much. I didn't know. I didn't know. I didn't know that I would be like this, that this is what happens when you love someone like that. I had no idea. No one says, There's no happy ending at all. No one says, If you could look ahead, you might want to stop now. I know, I know, I know I was lucky. I was luckier than anyone to have had what I had. I know now. I do, really."
Author: Amy Bloom
4. "The more I practice the luckier I get."
Author: Arnold Palmer
5. "Job's misery was not half as bad as whatever must have prompted young Elihu to discourse on wineskin wisdom and God's meteorological conditions. Perhaps he was just a guilty hallucination of Job's early discouragement as a weather forecaster. If only he were luckier in predicting that eclipse, he would never have relegated his talents to monetary ambition and gone on to make such an irresistible target for divine resentment."
6. "Nobody, from that standpoint, is any luckier than I am or will ever be any luckier than I am. It's great."
Author: Boomer Esiason
7. "Dear J: I feel lucky that I didn't fuck you the first time we met in Houston, but luckier that I didn't fuck you the last time we met in San Francisco. this is the answer to your letter even though I don't know if you'll ever read it. the words are yours but I'll get credit for the poem. you see, it could never have worked, the way I am. B."
Author: Charles Bukowski
8. "I'm a lot luckier than most people, although I used to look at it the other way around-that so many people seemed luckier than me."
Author: Dana Hill
9. "I was lucky that audiences in Mexico liked my work. I was even luckier when I got to do movies and plays with my brothers."
Author: Demian Bichir
10. "Hughes: (Talking for Mustang) 'I won't allow you to die under my jurisdiction because it'd be a pain to clean up the mess.' That's what he said.Edward: Fine. Tell him, 'Understood. I'll never die before you, colonel, you @#'$ idiot.'Hughes: Ha ha ha! They say the ruder you are, the luckier you are! In that case, you and Roy are gonna live forever!"
Author: Hiromu Arakawa
11. "The harder I worked, the luckier I got."
Author: Jim Treliving
12. "...but I like who I became just fine. That's the way life is. We all try to make something out of our lives, and some of us are just luckier than others."
Author: Jimmy Buffet
13. "I have an old saying that the harder I work, the luckier I get."
Author: John Engler
14. "It is a rare beast that gets such a funeral," Father remarked, sweating and leaning on his spade. "Lucky cat."Personally I think the cat would have been luckier had it lived. Then again, life for a stray, unwanted thing is not always pleasant, so perhaps Father was right after all."
Author: Maryrose Wood
15. "If you're lucky, in some point in the future when you're in need of guidance or perhaps moral support, you may cross paths with a suitable mentor. Even luckier, you'll realize you had one in your life all along and you'll gain a new appreciation for how you benefited from that relationship. The luckiest relationship of all, of course, is a combination of the two. You've had help all along, and as the path widens or narrows, whatever the case may be, new and powerful influences will enter your life and aid your progress. In my experience, a mentor doesn't necessarily tell you what to do, but more importantly: tells you what they did or might do, then trusts you to draw your own conclusions and act accordingly. If you succeed, they'll take one step back and if you fail, they'll take one step closer. Whatever it is they teach you, pass it on."
Author: Michael J. Fox
16. "I used to think I knew everything. I was a "smart person" who "got things done," and because of that, the higher I climbed, the more I could look down and scoff at what seemed silly or simple, even religion.But I realized something as I drove home that night: that I am neither better nor smarter, only luckier. And I should be ashamed of thinking I knew everything, because you can know the whole world and still feel lost in it. So many people are in pain-no matter how smart or accomplished-they cry, they yearn, they hurt.But instead of looking down on things, they look up, which is where I should have been looking, too. Because when the world quiets to the sound of your own breathing, we all want the same things:comfort, love, and a peaceful heart."
Author: Mitch Albom
17. "A live broke man is 'luckier' than a dead rich man."
Author: Mokokoma Mokhonoana
18. "Often you will discover that the harder you work, and the more wisely you work, the luckier you get. But there is luck, and it helps."
Author: Neil Gaiman
19. "But no, I've just been very lucky. But I've worked hard, and the harder you work, the luckier you seem to get."
Author: Norman Wisdom
20. "Isabel never despaired, even though I think she knew everything that was going to happen, right from the beginning. There was a Walt Whitman poem she liked, especially the part that went - 'All goes onward and outward,/Nothing collapses/And to die is different from/What anyone supposes/And Luckier.' She tried to believe that, and it gave her some comfort, I know. She was very brave. Always. She hid her anguish and sadness, although I know she felt them. Because she wasn't losing only one person she loved - as we have. She was losing all of them."
Author: Patricia Gaffney
21. "But love is what we want, not freedom. Who then is the unluckier man? The beloved, who is given his heart's desire and must for ever after fear its loss, or the free man, with his unlooked-for liberty, naked and alone between the captive armies of the earth?"
Author: Salman Rushdie
22. "The harder you work... and visualize something, the luckier you get."
23. "I am terribly glad to be alive and when I have wit enough to think about it, terribly proud to be a man and an American with all the rights and privileges that those words connote. And most of all I am humbled before the responsibilities that are also mine. For no right comes without a responsibility and being born luckier than most of the world's millions, I am also born more obligated."
Author: Wallace Stegner
24. "You'll do what you think you want to do, or what you think you ought to do. If you're very lucky, luckier than anybody I know, the two will coincide."
Author: Wallace Stegner
25. "All goes onward and outward, nothing collapses, And to die is different from what any one supposed, and luckier."
Author: Walt Whitman
26. "I save her marked-up manuscripts as an unluckier husband might save love letters."
Author: Will Allison
Quotes About Luckier Pictures