Famous Quotes About Macbeth Being Evil
Browse 29 famous quotes and sayings about Macbeth Being Evil.
Top Quotes About Macbeth Being Evil
1. "He is ETERNAL, which means that He antedates time and is wholly independent of it. Time began in Him and will end in Him. To it He pays no tribute and from it He suffers no change.He is IMMUTABLE, which means that He has never changed and can never change in any smallest measure. To change He would need to go from better to worse or from worse to better. He cannot do either, for being perfect He cannot become more perfect, and if He were to become less perfect He would be less than God.He is OMNISCIENT, which means that He knows in one free and effortless act all matter, all spirit, all relationships, all events. He has no past and He has no future. He IS, and none of the limiting and qualifying terms used of creatures can apply to Him."
Author: A.W. Tozer
2. "You think some are bad or evil or whatnot, but somewhere along the way they were someone's baby, suckling the teat like anybody. Then something puts a volt in 'em and they ain't the same no more."
Author: Alan Heathcock
3. "I'm still of the same mind. For many years I've been ashamed, mortally ashamed, of having been, even with the best intentions, even at many removes, a murderer in my turn. As time went on, I merely learned that even those who were better than the rest could not keep themselves nowadays from killing or letting others kill, because such is the logic by which they live, and that we can't stir a finger in this world without the risk of bringing death to somebody. Yes, I've been ashamed ever since I have realized that we all have the plague, and I have lost my peace. And today I am still trying to find it; still trying to understand all those others and not to be the mortal enemy of anyone. I only know that one must do what one can to cease being plague stricken, and that's the only way in which we can hope for some peace or, failing that, a decent death."
Author: Albert Camus
4. "I don't want to be smart, because being smart makes you depressed."
Author: Andy Warhol
5. "I don't champion the idea of being in a Hollywood movie. I never had fun in one of them."
Author: Armand Assante
6. "Better that right counsels be known to enemies than that the evil secrets of tyrants should be concealed from the citizens. They who can treat secretly of the affairs of a nation have it absolutely under their authority; and as they plot against the enemy in time of war, so do they against the citizens in time of peace."
Author: Baruch Spinoza
7. "Don't let it worry you, not being able to speak,'Dustfinger had often told her. 'People tend not to listen anyway, right?"
Author: Cornelia Funke
8. "It is critical to learn how to listen for what is not being said."
Author: Debra Kaye
9. "Critics all have this idea that authors inhabit another dimensional realm, right up to their first smack in the mouth - which feels to them quite miraculous, being their sex-dream come true."
Author: Don Paterson
10. "Modern man is staggering and losing his balance because he is being pelted with little pieces of alleged fact which are native to the newspapers; and, if they turn out not to be facts, that is still more native to newspapers."
Author: G.K. Chesterton
11. "Health isn't about being "perfect" with food or exercise or herbs. Health is about balancing those things with your desires. It's about nourishing your spirit as well as your body."
Author: Golda Poretsky
12. "This is our part in spiritual war. We proclaim Christ's truth by praying it, speaking it and (undoubtedly most importantly) by demonstrating it. We are not to accept with sere pious resignation the evil aspects of our world as "coming from a father's hand." Rather, following the example of our Lord and Savior, and going forth with the confidence that he has in principle already defeated his (and our) foes, we are to revolt against the evil aspects of our world as coming from the devil's hand. Our revolt is to be broad--as broad as the evil we seek to confront, and as broad as the work of the cross we seek to proclaim. Wherever there is destruction, hated, apathy, injustice, pain or hopelessness, whether it concerns God's creation, a structural feature of society, or the physical, psychological or spiritual aspect of an individual, we are in word and deed to proclaim to the evil powers that be, "You are defeated." As Jesus did, we proclaim this by demonstrating it."
Author: Gregory A. Boyd
13. "You know, Qhuinn's an interesting character." Saxton reached out with an elegant hand and picked up his port. "He's one of my favorite cousins, actually. His nonconformity is admirable and he's survived things that would crush a lesser male. Don't know that being in love with him would be easy, however."Blay didn't go near that one. "So do you come here often?"Saxton laughed, his pale eyes glinting, "Not for discussion, huh."
Author: J.R. Ward
14. "I suddenly look at the fish and feel horrible all over again, that old death scheme is now back only now I'm gonna put my big healthy Anglosaxon teeth into it and wrench away at the mournful flesh of a little living being that only an hour ago was swimming happily in the sea, in fact even Dave thinking this and saying: 'Ah yes that little muzzling mouth was blindly sucking away in the glad waters of life and now look at it, here's where the fittin head's chopped off, you don't have to look, us big drunken sinners are now going to use it for our sacrificial supper[...]"
Author: Jack Kerouac
15. "Samuel understood at last why this being hated men and women so much: he hated them because they were so like himself, because the worst of the was mirrored in them. He was the source of all that was bad in men and women, but he had none of the greatness, and none of the grace, of which human beings were capable, so that by only by corrupting them was his own pain diminished, and thus his existence made more tolerable."
Author: John Connolly
16. "Look now -- in all of history men have been taught that killing of men is an evil thing not to be countenanced. Any man who kills must be destroyed because this is a great sin, maybe the worst we know. And then we take a soldier and put murder in his hands and we say to him, "use it well, use it wisely." We put no checks on him. Go out and kill as many of a certain kind or classification of your brothers as you can. And we will reward you for it because it is a violation of your early training."
Author: John Steinbeck
17. "My first book took five years to write and I made $1,000 on it. The second took three years and I made $3,000. All this time I was a housewife being supported by a husband. I was very lucky."
Author: Judith Rossner
18. "Honest to god, Clare, you act like the dress is more important than you being shot!"Of course it is! It's a Versace, you idiot! Bring help! I'm going to save this dress at all costs." - Sam to Clare"
Author: Katie MacAlister
19. "Of course every girl wishes she could be one of those pop star babes who wave their hands in the air yelling about being survivors but when love sits on one side of you and loneliness on the other, it's hard to stop the touching and the kissing."
Author: Lisa O'Donnell
20. "...this idea I had of an oversoul of loneliness. A connectedness among the world's lonely that I could turn to when I was very low. There was a delicious romance in being utterly alone, & I told myself I was nobler for it, & that there was a purpose to my solitude, O there must be."
Author: Liz Moore
21. "Writing is talking to yourself-with the hope of being overheard."
Author: Marty Rubin
22. "Never thought reality could get better than one's dreams. Thanks to a women though, one would rather stay awake becaues one's dreams aint remotely close to being as good as his reality."
Author: Morena Baloyi
23. "Nah, I'm not a prima donna, but I just don't like being cold and wet."
Author: Morris Chestnut
24. "And what sort of lives do these people, who pose as being moral, lead themselves? My dear fellow, you forget that we are in the native land of the hypocrite."
Author: Oscar Wilde
25. "Imagine being sentient but not alive. Seeing and even knowing, but not alive. Just looking out. Recognizing but not being alive. A person can die and still go on. Sometimes what looks out at you from a person's eyes maybe died back in childhood."
Author: Philip K. Dick
26. "You're too focused. Too high-strung. Too…" Eros trails off as he continues to look into Levi's blue eyes. "Too caught up with being in love."
Author: Shanora Williams
27. "I have seem even those who have long since abjured God die in grace. . . . Atheists don't use their drying to bargain for a better seat at the table; indeed they may not even believe supper is being served. They are not storing up 'merit.'; They just smile because their heart is ripe. They are kind for no particular reason; they just love."
Author: Stephen Levine
28. "I enjoy being on stage with other artists. I have a chance to watch and see people responding to the other artists songs. I get to see how people are affected by the music."
Author: Steven Curtis Chapman
29. "I think directors can become overly infatuated by gilt and gold, and the word 'lavish' and everything being magnificent."
Author: Tom Hooper
Quotes About Macbeth Being Evil Pictures