Famous Quotes About Magic Goodreads
Browse 13 famous quotes and sayings about Magic Goodreads.
Top Quotes About Magic Goodreads
1. "Magic is a very beautiful mystery. Even the ages old magic effects still surprises the most modern men."
Author: Amit Kalantri
2. "He read me another poem, and another one - and he explained the true history of poetry, which is a kind of secret, a magic known only to wise men. Mr. Premier, I won't be saying anything new if I say that the history of the world is the history of a ten-thousand-year war of brains between the rich and the poor. Each side is eternally trying to hoodwink the other side: and it has been this way since the start of time. The poor win a few battles (the peeing in the potted plants, the kicking of the pet dogs, etc.) but of course the rich have won the war for ten thousand years. That's why, on day, some wise men, out of compassion for the poor, left them signs and symbols in poems, which appear to be about roses and pretty girls and things like that, but when understood correctly spill out secrets that allow the poorest man on earth to conclude the ten-thousand-year-old brain-war on terms favorable to himself."
Author: Aravind Adiga
3. "Hours trickle by, and I wilt. The magic isn't here for me tonight. I can't get away from the heavy feeling of being me. I want to blend in, to be someone besides myself, someone who is part of something secret and subversive and exciting."
Author: Bethany Griffin
4. "Suffering took hold of me like a magic spell abolishing all differences between friends and strangers."
Author: Diane Ackerman
5. "I AM NOT PAYING FOR SOME CRACKPOT OLD FOOL TO TEACH HIM MAGIC TRICKS!" yelled Uncle Vernon. Hagrid seized his pink umbrella and whirled it over his head "NEVER -" he thundered "- INSULT -ALBUS -DUMBLEDORE - IN - FRONT - OF - ME!"
Author: J.K. Rowling
6. "All right. Tell me what I'm looking at."From the improvised Rolling Stones T-shirt bag tied to my sash, Bob the Skull said, in his most caustic voice, "A giant pair of cartoon lips."I muttered a curse and fumbled with the shirt until one of the skull's glowing orange eye sockets was visible.A big goofy magic nerd!" Bob said."
Author: Jim Butcher
7. "When I behold, upon the night's starr'd face, Huge cloudy symbols of a high romance,And think that I may never live to traceTheir shadows, with the magic hand of chance..."
Author: John Keats
8. "Think of the magic of that foot, comparatively small, upon which your whole weight rests. It's a miracle, and the dance is a celebration of that miracle."
Author: Martha Graham
9. "Since love is a magic, Valentine's Day is the day of magicians! Whoever loves creates a magic; whoever is loved, a magic is created!"
Author: Mehmet Murat Ildan
10. "To me, every plaque, no matter what words are inscribed on it, says the same magic informative thing: Something happened! The gum cost a dollar, but the story was free."
Author: Sarah Vowell
11. "As we drove off into the moonless night, raindrops danced through our headlights like the fireflies of my childhood. I silently cursed the frailty of happiness and doubted whether it ever existed for me. I could remember happier times, though, and those memories fluttered about my mind like fireflies, beckoning with their elusive splendor. But chasing memories held no more promise than catching fireflies. The pursued feelings either vanished or lost their magic upon examination, hardly the green-glowing beauty seen at a distance. So I looked ahead of me and dreamed on into the darkness, hoping to one day find someone who would love me."
Author: Scott Gaille
12. "I make grilled cheeses for lunch, one for me, two for Will. We don't have any chips, but I find a far of pickles in the pantry."This is the best thing I've ever eaten." He pauses for a drink, staring at me over the rim of his glass of juice."It's the provolone," I say, swallowing my last bite."It's the chef."I smile and look away.We listen to music. Talk. Kiss until my flesh glimmers gold-red. Warms to the touch from the deep scald at my core. He stops to watch. Leans his face close to my neck and smells my skin. Like I'm something he might taste. He sweeps his hands along my arms . . . making me burn hotter."Is this what it's like for other fire-breathers?" he asks, winks, holding my hand up in his broad palm. "Or is it just me and my magic hands?"
Author: Sophie Jordan
13. "Yet magic is no more the art of employing consciously invisible means to produce visible effects. Will, love, and imagination are magic powers that everyone possesses; and whoever knows how to develop them to their fullest extent is a magician. Magic hs but one dogma, namely, that the seen is the measure of the unseen."
Author: W. Somerset Maugham
Quotes About Magic Goodreads Pictures