Famous Quotes About Maker
Browse 825 famous quotes and sayings about Maker.
Top Quotes About Maker
1. "I think filmmakers want their movies to be seen."
Author: Alex Winter
2. "Working with and collaborating with and for Peter Jackson was an incredible experience because he is such a phenomenal filmmaker."
Author: Andy Serkis
3. "It's up to the courage of the filmmakers to make art in cinema, not just business. John was rejected by studios, he borrowed money and did movies with his own money. You're either courageous or not. You have to find a way."
Author: Ben Gazzara
4. "You can't be a change-maker by reading a book."
Author: Bill Drayton
5. "But you talk to most filmmakers and it is six, seven, eight years trying to get things off the ground. It is incredible really."
Author: Billy Boyd
6. "Hopeless of the future, I wished but this- that my Maker had that night thought good to require my soul of me while I slept; and that this weary frame, absolved by death from further conflict with fate, had now but to decay quietly, and mingle in peace with the soil of this wilderness."
Author: Charlotte Brontë
7. "And now the rains had really come, so heavy and persistent that even the village rain-maker no longer claimed to be able to intervene. He could not stop the rain now, just as he would not attempt to start it in the heart of the dry season, without serious danger to his own health. The personal dynamism required to counter the forces of these extremes of weather would be far too great for the human frame."
Author: Chinua Achebe
8. "Women are, in my view, natural peacemakers. As givers and nurturers of life, through their focus on human relationships and their engagement with the demanding work of raising children and protecting family life, they develop a deep sense of empathy that cuts through to underlying human realities."
Author: Daisaku Ikeda
9. "Toph looks at me. I nod gravely. In this world, in our new world, there will be rocking. We will pay tribute to musicmakers like Journey, particularly if this is Two-for-Tuesday, which means inevitably that one of the songs will be: Just a small-town girl..."
Author: Dave Eggers
10. "She would bring you some great book because she was a book matchmaker, because she loved books the way other girls loved clothes."
Author: Deb Caletti
11. "For a brazen Libertine, an adulterer, a sodomite, an atheist, a fornicator, rakehell, heretic, godless playmaker and debaucher of innocents, you're a sorry state of affairs."
Author: Elizabeth Bear
12. "My advice to young film-makers is this: don't follow trends, start them!"
Author: Frank Capra
13. "Policymakers have to make judgments based on the best intelligence they get."
Author: Frank Carlucci
14. "All of them turned their backs on me at that time because they thought I was a troublemaker."
Author: Fred Korematsu
15. "This parrot is no more. It has ceased to be. It's expired and gone to meet its maker. This is a late parrot. It's a stiff. Bereft of life, it rests in peace. If you hadn't nailed it to the perch, it would be pushing up the daisies. It's rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. This is an ex-parrot."
Author: Graham Chapman
16. "Finally the gorilla queen had had enough. She wrote a letter to the editor of Baboons' Home Journal and asked for advice. The editor printed her letter (but in order to protect her privacy, changed her name from 'Gorilla Queen' to 'Worried in the Royal Castle'). The editor suggested hiring a local hunter to take the little troublemaker out into the woods, kill him, and cut his heart out and bring it back. 'Check page 44 of last month's issue for delicious recipes, at just pennies a serving!' she concluded."
Author: Gregory Maguire
17. "I had been told from school onwards that the best definition of a human being was man the tool-maker - yet I had just watched a chimp tool-maker in action. I remember that day as vividly as if it was yesterday."
Author: Jane Goodall
18. "As filmmakers, we're constantly always looking for something to bring the audience deeper into the reality of the story we're telling."
Author: Jeff Bridges
19. "I'm a playmaker. I'm always attacking the rim and have somewhat of a reckless style. I try to be everywhere at once."
Author: Jeremy Lin
20. "Into this wild Abyss/ The womb of Nature, and perhaps her grave--/ Of neither sea, nor shore, nor air, nor fire,/ But all these in their pregnant causes mixed/ Confusedly, and which thus must ever fight,/ Unless the Almighty Maker them ordain/ His dark materials to create more worlds,--/ Into this wild Abyss the wary Fiend/ Stood on the brink of Hell and looked a while,/ Pondering his voyage; for no narrow frith/ He had to cross."
Author: John Milton
21. "May occasionally pay lip-service to their value, but it ultimately has no real use for artists, dancers, poets, self-sufficient farmers, tree lovers, devoted followers of what it views as non-materialist cults — Christian or otherwise — handicraft workers, makers of their own beer, or, for that matter, stay-at-home moms and dads, all of whom, when they endure at all, do so at the margins and on the periphery of the social economy."
Author: John Taylor Gatto
22. "As a policymaker, as a public servant, I come to Washington, D.C., and I make difficult decisions and I make difficult decisions every day. And sometimes those decisions upset people."
Author: Jon Tester
23. "I'm not the kind of filmmaker who's going to go from one thing to the next. I often wish I was that filmmaker, but I'm just not."
Author: Jonathan Glazer
24. "Filmmakers have to really find a unique take on something if they're going to explore an already-explored genre of movies."
Author: Josh Trank
25. "You are as old as you look. If you are fit and pretty at an X age, why won't filmmakers want to cast you, whether you are married or not?"
Author: Kareena Kapoor Khan
26. "No NamesThere are high placesthat don't invite us,sharp shapes, glacier-scraped faces, wholeranges whose given namesslip off. Any such relationas we try to makerefuses to take. Somehigh lakes are not for us, some slick escarpments.I'm giddy with thinkingwhere thinking can't stick."
Author: Kay Ryan
27. "I love nerds. Comic-Con junkies are the tastemakers of tomorrow. Isn't that funny? The tables have turned."
Author: Kristen Bell
28. "Samuel became even more interested in politics than his father had been, served the Republican Party tirelessly as a king-maker, caused that party to nominate men who would whirl like dervishes, bawl fluent Babylonian, and order the militia to fire into crowds whenever a poor man seemed on the point of suggesting that he and a Rosewater were equal in the eyes of the law."
Author: Kurt Vonnegut
29. "Clevedon told the dressmakers that the previous tenants (a husband and wife) had fallen into dire financial difficulties within months of opening the place. They'd absconded in the dead of night mere days ago, owing three months' back rent. They must have borrowed or stolen a cart, because they'd taken away most of the shop's contents and fixtures. This was a complete lie. The truth was, Varley had bribed them to move and sweetened the offer by allowing them to take with them everything that wasn't nailed down."
Author: Loretta Chase
30. "Film-makers are always going to be interested in making movies that plug into society around them. That's what a vibrant, artistically alert community should be doing. After all, it would be sad if we only made films about alien robots."
Author: Mark Boal
31. "Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it was the sausage-maker who disposed of the body."
Author: Mark Forsyth
32. "My policy is I will help any policymaker who asks, whether they be a Republican or a Democrat."
Author: Mark Zandi
33. "The makers of '21 and Over' have been screening it, and I'm getting a lot of comparisons to a young Vince Vaughn."
Author: Miles Teller
34. "Course, neither device carries a maker's mark. The"
Author: Neal Stephenson
35. "Ultimately, I am very filmmaker oriented, as a producer."
Author: Nina Jacobson
36. "It ratified a theory of mine that great writing could sneak up on you, master of a thousand disguises: prodigal kinsman, messenger boy, class clown, commander of artillery, altar boy, lace maker, exiled king, peacemaker, or moon goddess."
Author: Pat Conroy
37. "I feel safe in saying this, and that is that Peter Weir is without a doubt one of the greatest filmmakers of all time. I'd open a door in a movie for him if he asked me to."
Author: Paul Bettany
38. "Policy makers still think that if we just hand out more money the world's problems will be solved."
Author: Paul Weyrich
39. "I don't know how to use appliances. I mean, I use the coffee maker. But that's it."
Author: Peter Eisenman
40. "Fashion is such an octopus. You're connected to so many people: suppliers, pattern makers, production teams, marketing teams, vendors."
Author: Raf Simons
41. "Though it's true that (dictionary-maker Samuel) Johnson sometimes seem to feel that the language was in decline, he didn't rail against it with (Jonathan) Swift's anger. Instead, he hoped the example of his dictionary would temper that change by providing a distinguished literary example"
Author: Robert Lane Greene
42. "My three Ps: passion, patience, perseverance. You have to do this if you've got to be a filmmaker."
Author: Robert Wise
43. "God of the impossible, maker of all miracles, I stand in awe of You, I'm so amazed by how You reach into my brokenness, make me beautiful again, I believe yes, I believe nothing is impossible with You."
Author: Sarah Reeves
44. "From this moment on, nothing is what it seems. You're not a human being, you're a character- and filmmakers are doing everything in their power to kill you even now. Supernatural powers and curses are real, and numbers like 666 and 237 can kill you just as easily as a butch knife.Log cabins are slaughterhouses, cornstalks are antennas for evil, and aliens never, ever come in peace."
Author: Seth Grahame Smith
45. "The Father is truly the only Promise Maker who is in earnest a Promise Keeper. A promise from God is a promise kept."
Author: Sheila Walsh
46. "Let other complain that the age is wicked; my complaint is that it is paltry; for it lacks passion. Men's thoughts are thin and flimsy like lace, they are themselves pitiable like the lacemakers. The thoughts of their hearts are too paltry to be sinful. For a worm it might be regarded as a sin to harbor such thoughts, but not for a being made in the image of God. Their lusts are dull and sluggish, their passions sleepy...This is the reason my soul always turns back to the Old Testament and to Shakespeare. I feel that those who speak there are at least human beings: they hate, they love, they murder their enemies, and curse their descendants throughout all generations, they sin."
Author: Søren Kierkegaard
47. "What I think happens today is that a lot of filmmakers look at other films that are retro pieces, like L.A. Confidential, and say, oh, that's period. We didn't want to do the stereotypical stuff."
Author: Ted Demme
48. "I want to be the goal scorer and the play maker out there. I have been doing that all my life."
Author: Tiffeny Milbrett
49. "It's very funny because every time I make a movie, and I've heard this re-echoed by other filmmakers and actors I have worked with, you kind of feel like you're naked again. You have to figure it all out from scratch, as if you had never done it before."
Author: Todd Haynes
50. "I am the Maker of all things. By my word were the heavens made, their starry host by the breath of my mouth. I spread out the northern skies over empty space; I suspend the earth over nothing. I clothe you with skin and flesh and knit you together with bones and sinews. I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster."
Author: Zhang Yun
Quotes About Maker Pictures