Famous Quotes About Making Excuses
Browse 21 famous quotes and sayings about Making Excuses.
Top Quotes About Making Excuses
1. "Some of my high school teachers did remind me that I had an excellent imagination when it came to making up excuses."
Author: David E. Kelley
2. "We, as conservative intellectuals, should not be in the business of making excuses for bad parliamentary decisions by Republican leaders in Congress."
Author: David Frum
3. "I'm not making any excuses. I got my butt kicked in certain games."
Author: David Wells
4. "Part of being of a true existentialist is wanting to be what we make ourselves be by the way we choose to act, as opposed to making excuses for the way we act and regretting it."
Author: Gary Cox
5. "We all are manufacturers in a way - making good, making trouble or making excuses."
Author: H. V. Adolt
6. "Stop making excuses, start making changes!"
Author: Habeeb Akande
7. "Start making excuses and there's no end to it. I can't live that kind of life."
Author: Haruki Murakami
8. "If you have dreams you want to pursue, the time is now. There is no perfect time, and there is no better time. There is only the time you lose while you're making excuses."
Author: Holly Lisle
9. "A powerful wind swept through the shtetl, making it whistle. Those studying obscure texts in dimly lit rooms looked up. Lovers making amends and promises, amendments and excuses, fell silent."
Author: Jonathan Safran Foer
10. "Adults, Sophie has decided a long time before, were really bad at making up good excuses."
Author: Michael Scott
11. "Leadership - leadership is about taking responsibility, not making excuses."
Author: Mitt Romney
12. "I don't like forgetting, Elías," I said with my eyes closed. A single tear slipped down my cheek and I let it. "I don't want to forget these moments that constantly remind me of who I am, who I was, and who you are. I don't want to forget my past and all the things about this world that's brought me here. With you.""So then why do you try?" he asked, his gaze searching my face. "Be here with me, T. Exist with me, because there isn't any other way I'd love you more.""I-I don't belong to you.""Bullshit. You've belonged to me since that night on the alabaster hill. I had you then, and I swore to keep you.""You-""Just stop." Eli placed a finger to my lips as he held me closely and slid a hand down my back. He palmed my shoulder and the place where a piece of him would forever harbor. "Stop making up excuses. Stop hiding. Stop running from me. You're the light at the end of my tunnel, my saving grace, and you don't even know it, Trinity."
Author: Nadège Richards
13. "They meet in the girls' bathroom. The last time they were forced to meet in a place like this, they took separate, isolated stalls. Now they share one. They hold each other in the tight space, making no excuses for it. There's no time left in their lives for games, or for awkwardness, or for pretending they don't care about each others, and so they kiss as if they've done it forever. As if it is as crucial as the need for oxygen."
Author: Neal Shusterman
14. "The day you take complete responsibility for yourself, the day you stop making any excuses, that's the day you start to the top."
Author: O. J. Simpson
15. "Quitting is not giving up, it's choosing to focus your attention on something more important. Quitting is not losing confidence, it's realizing that there are more valuable ways you can spend your time. Quitting is not making excuses, it's learning to be more productive, efficient and effective instead. Quitting is letting go of things (or people) that are sucking the life out of you so you can do more things that will bring you strength."
Author: Osayi Osar Emokpae
16. "I am not in the business of pointing fingers or making excuses. However, recent history has shown that I, like thousands of others in Ireland, incorrectly relied upon the persons who guided Anglo and who wrongfully sought to portray a 'blue chip' Irish banking sector."
Author: Sean Quinn
17. "If you have to ask someone to change, to tell you they love you, to bring wine to dinner, to call you when they land, you can't afford to be with them. It's not worth the price, even though, just like the Tiffany catalog, no one tells you what the price is. You set it yourself, and if you're lucky it's reasonable. You have a sense of when you're about to go bankrupt. Your own sense of self-worth takes the wheel and says, Enough of this shit. Stop making excuses. No one's that busy at work. No one's allergic to whipped cream. There are too cell phones in Sweden. But most people don't get lucky. They get human. They get crushes. This means you irrationally mortgage what little logic you own to pay for this one thing. This relationship is an impulse buy, and you'll figure out if it's worth it later."
Author: Sloane Crosley
18. "Making excuses is one of a host of self-defeating behaviours and mental patterns that can block your success."
Author: Stephen Richards
19. "Those with less ability should work harder instead of making excuses."
Author: Vikrant Parsai
20. "When you abandon making choices, you enter the vast world of excuses."
Author: Wayne W. Dyer
21. "He is convinced that the people who might mean something to him will always misjudge him and pass him by. He is not so much afraid of loneliness as he is of accepting cheap substitutes; of making excuses to himself for a teacher who flatters him, of waking up some morning to find himself admiring a girl merely because she is accessible. He has a dread of easy compromises, and he is terribly afraid of being fooled."
Author: Willa Cather
Quotes About Making Excuses Pictures