Famous Quotes About Making Mistakes
Browse 101 famous quotes and sayings about Making Mistakes.
Top Quotes About Making Mistakes
1. "The way the animals live, everybody envies them, because look, a cat, when it walks - did you ever see a cat making an aesthetic mistake? Did you ever see a badly formed cloud? Were the stars ever misarranged? When you watch the foam breaking on the seashore, did it ever make a bad pattern? Never. And yet we think in what we do, we make mistakes."
Author: Alan Watts
2. "The only sure way to avoid making mistakes is to have no new ideas."
Author: Albert Einstein
3. "As he wrote, the candle in the window kept flickering, and despite his desk lamp the flickering distracted him. He sat back in the old wooden school chair he'd had since college and heard the reassuring squeak of the wood under him. At the firm he was failing to even register what was needed of him. Daily now he faced column after of column of meaningless numbers he was supposed to make square with company claims. He was making mistakes with a frequency that was frightening, and he feared, more than he had in the first days following my disappearance, that he would not be able to support his remaining children.~pgs 135-136; Susie's father on death"
Author: Alice Sebold
4. "We're all proud of making little mistakes. It gives us the feeling we don't make any big ones."
Author: Andy Rooney
5. "Learning about sex was a little bit like learning grammar. Every teacher you had assumed some other teacher taught you the year before, or the year before that, as if none of them wanted to talk about it, as if grammar was a bunch of dirty words. A massive silence surrounded dangling participles and infinite clauses, and you learned to fear making mistakes you didn't know how to avoid."
Author: Ann E. Imbrie
6. "Know when to tune out, if you listen to too much advice you may wind up making other peoples mistakes."
Author: Ann Landers
7. "Doing startups is all about making mistakes."
Author: Biz Stone
8. "He's not perfect. You aren't either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn't going to quote poetry, he's not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don't hurt him, don't change him, and don't expect for more than he can give. Don't analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he's not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don't exist, but there's always one guy that is perfect for you."
Author: Bob Marley
9. "You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She's not perfect—you aren't either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break—her heart. So don't hurt her, don't change her, don't analyze and don't expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she's not there."
Author: Bob Marley
10. "Standard economics assumes that we are rational... But, as the results presented in this book (and others) show, we are far less rational in our decision making... Our irrational behaviors arevneither random nor senseless- they are systematic and predictable. We all make the same types of mistakes over and over, because of he basic wiring of our brains.-pg. 239"
Author: Dan Ariely
11. "We're not making mistakes. We're making experiences."
Author: Dan Bergstein
12. "Girls think that being glamorous means making mistakes and being irresponsible. And that's just not true. The smarter you are, the better prepared you are to make decisions in your life, the more likely you are to lead a satisfying life and be glamorous and fun and anything you want to be."
Author: Danica McKellar
13. "There's a way of playing safe, there's a way of using tricks and there's the way I like to play which is dangerously where you're going to take a chance on making mistakes in order to create something you haven't created before."
Author: Dave Brubeck
14. "You're going to keep making these mistakes as long as you keep carrying your brain in the same scabbard with your sword, Lelldorin."
Author: David Eddings
15. "For me, style is about how you feel that day and what inspires you, as well as taking chances and making mistakes. Everything has to be comfortable. If things are too tight or too constricting, I feel out of my element."
Author: Dree Hemingway
16. "By the time they get to 6th grade honor roll students won't risk making a mistake, and sometimes to be successful, you have to risk making mistakes."
Author: E.L. Konigsburg
17. "A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
Author: George Bernard Shaw
18. "If you're cooking and not making mistakes, you're not playing outside your safety zone. I don't expect it all to be good. I have fat dogs because I scrap that stuff out the back door."
Author: Guy Fieri
19. "You go on these Internet blogs and people say the meanest things. I'm a normal person. Just because I'm in the spotlight doesn't mean I'm God's gift to the world. I'm learning and making mistakes just like every other 17-year-old girl out there."
Author: Hayden Panettiere
20. "We are all small-minded people, creeping about the earth grubbing for our own advantage and making the very mistakes for which we want to humiliate our neighbors."
Author: Helen Simonson
21. "I know something of shame...How can we not all feel it? We are all small-minded people, creeping about the earth grubbing for our own adventure and making the very mistakes for which we want to humiliate our neighbors......I think we wake up every day with high intentions and by dusk we have routinely fallen short. Sometimes I think God created the darkness just so he didn't have to look at us all the time." Major Pettigrew"
Author: Helen Simonson
22. "If you have the guts to keep making mistakes, your wisdom and intelligence leap forward with huge momentum."
Author: Holly Near
23. "I'd like to just be a little bit more open to making mistakes and not worrying about it so much."
Author: Joan Jett
24. "I still spend my time feeling sorry for myself and making serious mistakes."
Author: Joe Thomas
25. "You grow up by making mistakes. I've made a ton of them, but as long as I keep on failing better, I don't mind."
Author: Joely Richardson
26. "She was right. The purebred girls were making mistakes on purpose, in order to give us an advantage. 'King me,' I growled, out of turn. 'I say king me!' and Felicity meekly complied. Beulah pretended not to mind when we got frustrated with the oblique, fussy movement from square to square and shredded the board to ribbons. I felt sorry for them. I wondered what it would be like to be bred in captivity, and always homesick for a dimly sensed forest, the trees you've never seen."
Author: Karen Russell
27. "By the time you are in your thirties, most of the time, you've got a job, you can pay for your rent, you can create this nice world around you. And still, you're only in your thirties - you're not that far away from your twenties, which is when you're making all of your stupid mistakes."
Author: Katie Aselton
28. "I became a councillor back in 1971, so if by this stage in politics I'm making lots of big mistakes, then I shouldn't be here."
Author: Ken Livingstone
29. "Anyway, if you need your heroes to be perfect, you won't have very many. Even Superman had his Kryptonite. I'd rather have my heroes be more like me: trying to do the right thing, sometimes messing up. Making mistakes. Saying you're sorry. And forgiving other people when they mess up, too."
Author: Madeleine George
30. "We need an opposition to remind us if we are making mistakes. When you are not opposed you think everything you do is right."
Author: Mahathir Mohamad
31. "Love makes us wake up in the morning with a sense of purpose and a flow of creative ideas. Love floods our nervous system with positive energy, making us far more attractive to prospective employers, clients, and creative partners. Love fills us with powerful charisma, enabling us to produce new ideas and new projects, even within circumstances that seem to be limited. Love leads us to atone for our errors and clean up the mess when we've made mistakes. Love leads us to act with impeccability, integrity, and excellence. Love leads us to serve, to forgive, and to hope. Those things are the opposite of a poverty consciousness; they're the stuff of spiritual wealth creation."
Author: Marianne Williamson
32. "Creativity is making regret free mistakes, Wisdom is knowing which ones have value"
Author: Mark W. Boyer
33. "I wish I could've lived my life without making any wrong turns. But that's impossible. A path like that doesn't exist. We fail. We trip. We get lost. We make mistakes. And little by little, one step at a time, we push forward. It's all we can do. On our own two feet."
Author: Natsuki Takaya
34. "I was not doing what I was told to do. And they sued me for making music "uncharacteristic of Neil Young." That was Geffen Rocords' biggeest mistake, I think. The mistakes all started when I caved and didn't give them Island in the Sun. They wanted me to be commercially successful, and I wanted to be an artist expressing myself-those two goals are not always compatible. I was expecting to have the same artistic freedom that I had at Asylum Records, but Geffen Records wanted me to be a smash, selling millions of records. Most important, Geffen was not a hands-on at Geffen Records. He had other people doing that. It showed."
Author: Neil Young
35. "That's life. We win some, we lose some, but you can't live your life afraid of making mistakes."
Author: Nyrae Dawn
36. "Did you have a rough month? I did :( but, you know what? There's no time to dwell on a missed opportunity or worry about what I should've done or said, beating myself up & making myself miserable about my mistakes. That doesn't work. So will take notes from that, put it behind me, move on & finish the year STRONG"
37. "What the entertainment industry can do is tempt you into making stupid mistakes, but the only tool that they have to tempt you is money. So if you're okay saying no to money, then you can say no to a lot of things that you might be embarrassed of later."
Author: Paul Schneider
38. "Everything tells me that I am about to make a wrong decision, but making mistakes is just part of life. What does the world want of me? Does it want me to take no risks, to go back to where I came from because I didn't have the courage to say "yes" to life?"
Author: Paulo Coelho
39. "One should never learn from one's mistakes. Making the same mistakes, over and over again, is a source of unremitting pleasure."
Author: Peter York
40. "What is Zen? Zen means doing anything perfectly, making mistakes perfectly, being defeated perfectly, hesitating perfectly, doing anything perfectly or imperfectly, perfectly. What is the meaning of this perfectly? How does it differ from perfectly? Perfectly is in the will; perfectly is in the activity. Perfectly means that at each moment of the activity there is no egoism in it… our pain is not only our own pain; it is the pain of the universe. The joy of the universe is also our joy. Our failure and misjudgment is that of nature, which never hopes or despairs, but keeps on trying. R. H. Blyth"
Author: R.H. Blyth
41. "Life is funny like that, making us pay for the same stupid mistakes even after we've learned from them thoroughly."
Author: R.K. Lilley
42. "How in hell did those bombers get up there every single second of our lives! Why doesn't someone want to talk about it! We've started and won two atomic wars since 2022! Is it because we're having so much fun at home we've forgotten the world? Is it because we're so rich and the rest of the world's so poor and we just don't care if they are? I've heard rumors; the world is starving, but we're well fed. Is it true, the world works hard and we play? Is that why we're hated so much? I've heard the rumors about hate too, once in a long while, over the years. Do you know why? I don't, that's sure! Maybe the books can get us half out of the cave. They just might stop us from making the same damn insane mistakes!"
Author: Ray Bradbury
43. "You're afraid of making mistakes. Don't be. Mistakes can be profited by. Man, when I was young I shoved my ignorance in people's faces. They beat me with sticks. By the time I was forty my blunt instrument had been honed to a fine cutting point for me. If you hide your ignorance, no one will hit you and you'll never learn."
Author: Ray Bradbury
44. "Failure is good. It's fertilizer. Everything I've learned about coaching, I've learned from making mistakes."
Author: Rick Pitino
45. "In school we learn that mistakes are bad, and we are punished for making them. Yet, if you look at the way humans are designed to learn, we learn by making mistakes. We learn to walk by falling down. If we never fell down, we would never walk."
Author: Robert T. Kiyosaki
46. "Let no one read my principles who is not a mathematician," he famously declared (less famous is the fact that the principles he was referring to were his theories of how the aortic pulmonary valve worked). Ironically, he himself was a poor mathematician, often making simple mistakes. In one of his notes he counted up his growing library: "25 small books, 2 larger books, 16 still larger, 6 bound in vellum, 1 book with green chamois cover." This reckoning (with its charmingly haphazard system of classification) adds up to fifty, but Leonardo reached a different sum: "Total: 48," he confidently declared."
Author: Ross King
47. "I think making mistakes and discovering them for yourself is of great value, but to have someone else to point out your mistakes is a shortcut of the process."
Author: Shelby Foote
48. "I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and savior. I believe that Jesus died for my sins, and rose again, and that's my belief. I still don't know what 'Christian' means. I'm a follower of Christ, but I keep making a whole bunch of mistakes. And I thank God for forgiveness."
Author: Sherri Shepherd
49. "You can't be in the public eye without making mistakes and having some regrets and having people analyze everything you do."
Author: Sheryl Crow
50. "Generally, I like making my own mistakes and learning from them because that's what I think life is about."
Author: Taylor Momsen
Quotes About Making Mistakes Pictures