Famous Quotes About Marathons
Browse 18 famous quotes and sayings about Marathons.
Top Quotes About Marathons
1. "I miss my Dad. My Dad loved cheesy monster movies, so we'd have Godzilla movie marathons. Those are some of my favorite memories, laughing at how the monster outfits were so bad, like black garbage bags for heads."
Author: Ahmet Zappa
2. "My dad and I used to do movie marathons when I was a kid at the Chinese Theatre, and I just remember thinking, 'One day I want to have a movie here' And then later on, when 'Save The Last Dance' premiered there, that was definitely a full circle moment."
Author: Bianca Lawson
3. "I might have to do the London Marathon. I like crowds, so that is why I like the big marathons."
Author: Cara Buono
4. "I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death', and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up."
Author: Celia Rivenbark
5. "Know why people run marathons? …Because running is rooted in our collective imagination, and our imagination is rooted in running. Language, art, science; space shuttles, Starry Night, intravascular surgery; they all had their roots in our ability to run. Running was the superpower that made us human — which means its a superpower all humans posses."
Author: Christopher McDougall
6. "...in all the Kalahari Desert, only six true hunters remained. The renegades agreed to let Louis hang around, an offer he took to the extreme; once installed, Louis acted like an unemployed in-law, basically squatting with the Bushmen for the next four years...He learned to keep his campfire burning and tent zipped even on the most sweltering nights, since packs of hyenas were known to drag people from open shelters and tear out their throats. He leaned that if you stumble upon an angry lioness and her cubs, you stand tall and make her back down, but in the same situation with a rhino, you run like hell. (p. 234) Know why people run marathons? he said... Because running is rooted in our collective imagination, and our imagination is rooted in running. Language, art, science; space shuttles... intravascular surgery, they all had their roots in our ability to run. Running was the superpower that made us human- which means it's a superpower all humans possess. (p. 239)"
Author: Christopher McDougall
7. "I do a lot of marathons as training runs. If I'm somewhere and there's a marathon, I'll sign up and just go run it."
Author: Dean Karnazes
8. "For every runner who tours the world running marathons, there are thousands who run to hear the leaves and listen to the rain, and look to the day when it is suddenly as easy as a bird in flight."
Author: George Sheehan
9. "On the day of the race, as I run those very streets, will I be able to fully enjoy this autumn in New York? Or will I be too preoccupied? I won't know until I actually start running. If there's one hard and fast rule about marathons, it's that."
Author: Haruki Murakami
10. "Big dreams are marathons. Passionate actions are marathons of marathons! Waiters don't deserve it; Quitters don't get it!"
Author: Israelmore Ayivor
11. "I love running. I'm not into marathons, but I am into avoiding problems at an accelerated rate."
Author: Jarod Kintz
12. "Marathons are good training goals."
Author: Jason Bateman
13. "I knew how to block out my issues in a sprint, but in marathons I ran out of gas. Consistency became a critical problem. On days that I was inspired, I was unstoppable. But other days I would play bad chess. The time had come for me to learn the science of long-term, healthy, self-sustaining peak performance."
Author: Josh Waitzkin
14. "I am much more wired to be an athlete than anything else. I understand the 'hard work = payoff' equation in sports. I run marathons and I box. And that's my Puerto Rican flag hanging in Freddie Roach's Wild Card Boxing gym. I gave it to him. My last N.Y.C. marathon time I ran in three hours flat."
Author: Kirk Acevedo
15. "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons."
Author: Michael Jackson
16. "My new obsession is 'Storage Wars.' I don't know how such a simple show concept can be so addicting, but I can sit and watch marathons of it."
Author: Nathan Kress
17. "B-b-but who will I have cleaning marathons with?""Casey. I'll be there in spirit.""She's not neurotic and cranky like you.""You'll miss that, ay?""Hell yes, I'll miss that! When you're obsessive and pissy, you tell those floors who's boss. They won't shine like that when Casey scrubs them. And don't get me started on our Covenant Series discussions. The girl thinks Alex should pick Seth. Seth, Em. How can I clean with someone who isn't Team Aiden? It's like...madness. Madness on Earth. The fucking apocalypse—""Whitney," I chuckled, squeezing her tighter, "I assure you, you'll survive. The second she starts running her mouth about Aiden, just spray her with bleach. That'll teach her a lesson."-Emma and Whitney"
Author: Rachael Wade
18. "My brother was a big marathoner. He was a great collegiate runner at Beloit College. He won his conference's races, and he did tons of marathons. I would go out and run with him every once in a while just to hang out with him."
Author: Tate Donovan
Quotes About Marathons Pictures