Famous Quotes About Massive Life
Browse 17 famous quotes and sayings about Massive Life.
Top Quotes About Massive Life
1. "You cut me," he said. His voice was pleasant. British. Very ordinary. He looked at his hand with critical interest. "It might be fatal."Tessa looked at him with wide eyes. "Are you the Magister?"He tilted his hand to the side. Blood ran down it, spattering the floor. "Dear me, massive blood loss. Death could be imminent.""Are you the Magister?""Magister?" He looked mildly surprised by her vehemence. "That means ‘master' in Latin, doesn't it?""I…" Tessa was feeling increasingly as if she were trapped in a strange dream. "I suppose it does.""I've mastered many things in life. Navigating the streets of London, dancing the quadrille, the Japanese art of flower arranging, lying at charades, concealing a highly intoxicated state, delighting young women with my charms…"Tessa stared."Alas," he went on, "no one has ever actually referred to me as ‘the master', or ‘the magister', either. More's the pity…"
Author: Cassandra Clare
2. "There are more stars than there are people. Billions, Alan had said, and millions of them might have planets just as good as ours. Ever since I can remember, I've felt too big. But now I felt small. Too small. Too small to count. Every star is massive, but there are so many of them. How could anyone care about one star when there were so many spare? And what if stars were small? What if all the stars were just pixels? And earth was less than a pixel? What does that make us? And what does that make me? Not even dust. I felt tiny. For the first time in my life I felt too small."
Author: Frank Cottrell Boyce
3. "So I developed very early a massive inferiority complex, and I've told the story often about how that inspired me later in life to get involved in other things, because I couldn't out-do my brothers in sports, and it's a very competitive relationship."
Author: George J. Mitchell
4. "Dr. Ross told me that when it comes to people there are basically two extremes and then everyone else in the middle. He said that the two extremes – in astrological terms – are like black holes and supernova. A black hole is so dense (has so much gravity) that the speed required to escape the gravitational pull of the star (escape velocity) is in excess of the speed of light. Therefore no light can escape it. On the other side of the spectrum is the supernova. A supernova is created when the core of a massive star collapses. This sudden collapse causes the star to lose equilibrium and explode. So in other words, a black hole keeps all the light and good stuff in while a supernova explodes and lets everything out. It provides intense light and all the building blocks for life in the universe. All the stuff that is necessary for the formation of new stars and planets like the one we inhabit. The supernova is much like the mythical Phoenix – hope rising up out of the ashes."
Author: J.W. Lord
5. "The feeling of righteousness is the core mood alteration among religious addicts. Religious addiction is a massive problem in our society. It may be the most pernicious of all addictions because it's so hard for a person to break his delusion and denial. How can anything be wrong with loving God and giving your life for good works and service to mankind?"
Author: John Bradshaw
6. "'Lord Of The Rings' fandom was massive, worldwide, entrenched. Generally it had been part of the fans' life all their life, because they had it read to them as children; they'd become Tolkien students."
Author: John Noble
7. "It meant that when she saw him for the first time in every life,Daniel was already in love with her. Every time. And always had been. And every time, she had to fall in love with him from scratch.He could never pressure her or push her into loving him. He had to win her anew each time. Daniel's love for her was one long, uninterrupted stream.It was the purest form of love there was,purer even than the love Luce returned. His love flowed without breaking,without stopping. Whereas Luce's love was wiped clean with every death, Daniel's grew over time, across all eternity. How powerfully strong must it be by now? Hundreds of love stacked one on top of the other? It was almost too massive for Luce to comprehend. He loved her that much,and yet in every lifetime,over and over again,he had to wait for her to catch up."
Author: Lauren Kate
8. "Langley bred a certain type of person with great intention. The human resources department required nearly as sophisticated of analysts as the foreign intelligence department. Apply the massive computing technology of the CIA to hiring, along with the naive appeal of the exciting, though perhaps not so lucrative life of a spy, and any headhunter would be jealous of the results."
Author: Lynn Blackmar
9. "Look, I don't care if anyone likes me when it comes to my work. But I can be massively insecure in other parts of my life."
Author: Mary Louise Parker
10. "Joel had quickly become a massive happy in my life. In such a small amount of time he had become everything I had never realised I wanted."
Author: Megan Keith
11. "The massive lump of flesh that has created you, me, and maybe, animals, everything that has life will forever live."
Author: Michael Bassey Johnson
12. "I know it is a massive risk, I know. I could be killed. I have made up my mind that as long as the LRA have my son, JJ and there remains a drop of life in me, they shall always have me to deal with," -Joseph Dahr."
Author: Ray Anyasi
13. "Beckendorf closed eyes tight and brought his hand up to his watch.from that distance, the explosion shook the world. Heat seared the back of my head. The Princess Andromeda blew up from both sides, a massive fireball ofgreen flame roiling into the dark sky, consuming everything....I stared out the window into deep blue water. Beckendorf was supposed to go to college in the fall. He had a girlfriend, lots of friends, his whole life ahead of him. He couldn't be gone."
Author: Rick Riordan
14. "How we eat is connected to how we care for the planetwhich is connected to how we use our resourceswhich is connected to how many people in the world go to bed hungry every nightwhich is connected to how food is distributedwhich is connected to the massive inequalities in our world between those who have and those who don'twhich is connected to how our justice system treats people who use their power and position to make hundreds of millions of dollars while others struggle just to buy grocerieswhich is connected to how we treat those who don't have what we havewhich is connected to the sanctity and holiness and mystery of our human life and their human life and his little human lifewhich is why we hold up that baby's hand and say to the parents, 'it's just so small."
Author: Rob Bell
15. "His wrists ached. When they stopped hurting, it would mean the storm had definitely arrived, because when the pressure was high, there wasn't any pain.Just massive destruction—a typical metaphor for his life."
Author: S.E. Jakes
16. "The road, more than simply a system of regulations and designs, is a place where many millions of us, with only loose parameters for how to behave, are thrown together daily in a kind of massive petri dish in which all kinds of uncharted, little-understood dynamics are at work. There is no other place where so many people from different walks of life--different ages, races, classes, religions, genders, political preferences, lifestyle choices, levels of psychological stability--mingle so freely."
Author: Tom Vanderbilt
17. "I went to the springs while the sun was still up, and sitting on a rocky outcrop above the cave mouth I watched the light grow reddish across the misty pools, and listened to the troubled voice of the water. After a while I moved farther up the hill, where I could hear birds singing near and far in the silence of the trees. The presence of the trees was very strong...The big oaks stood so many, so massive in their other life, in their deep, rooted silence: the awe of them came on me, the religion."
Author: Ursula K. Le Guin
Quotes About Massive Life Pictures