Famous Quotes About Max Lightwood
Browse 22 famous quotes and sayings about Max Lightwood.
Top Quotes About Max Lightwood
1. "My darling goddaughter, Olivia, was the little girl of my friends, Max and Jeff. She was turning four, and it was time to transition her from her shortened toddler bed to a full-size big girl bed. It would be the bed where she'd have her childhood dreams and her teenage angst. I wanted it strong enough to tolerate her little girl bouncing and her teenage flouncing.It had to be perfect."
Author: Amber Kell
2. "Morat ce proci još mnogo godina prije nego što Max zaboravi ljeto kad je otkrio, gotovo sasma slucajno, magiju."
Author: Carlos Ruiz Zafón
3. "(...)I don't know who I am. I look like Stephen Herondale, and I act like a Lightwood and I talk like my father- like Valentine. So I see myself in your eyes and i try to be that person and I think faith might be enough to make me who you wnat me to be." (Jace, to Clary)"
Author: Cassandra Clare
4. "Gideon Lightwood said he was at the Institute in Madrid. What on earth was he doing there?''Faffing about, most likely', said Will."
Author: Cassandra Clare
5. "Maybe Alexander Lightwood would not break his heart."
Author: Cassandra Clare
6. "Look, Sara. The way Andrew treated you was unconscionable. We all saw that, and I regret not speaking up on your behalf. But you have the choice to decide how you grow from it. If you're going to think every man is like him, you don't deserve Max. Max isn't that guy."
Author: Christina Lauren
7. "Deep, choking sobs that sounded like his soul was being torn apart. He clutched at his father and Max took his in his arms. "I am so sorry dad." Kyle sobbed. "And I forgive you because that is what fahters do" said Max"
Author: Clive Cussler
8. "In for a penny, in for a pound - by Max Pesaro"
Author: Colleen Gleason
9. "One might think that a boy who was out in the snow for so long would get cold, but Max was not. He was warm, partly because he had on many layers, and partly because boys who are part wolf and part wind do not get cold."
Author: Dave Eggers
10. "A decade ago when Isabel's husband Max had died, they'd moved in together and merged their possessions. Neither sister brought any fussy teapots, canaries, sachets, or doilies,but lots of other stuff had to either stay or go. Looking at the lime green gave Alma the willies. Her suggestion to slipcover it in a more subdued color had garnered Isabel's frosty stare, and Alma had dropped the matter."
Author: Ed Lynskey
11. "Dodsley appeared by his side just then, silently, as if by magic. He offered Max a daught of whisky on a tray. Max glanced at him in surprise and saw that Dodsley had brought the whole bottle. "Do I look that bad?" "You look like you could use it, sir," his sphinxlike butler observed."
Author: Gaelen Foley
12. "The idea for Maximum Ride come from the earlier books of mine called When the Wind Blows and The Lake House, which also feature a character named Max who escapes from a quiet despicable school. Most of the similarities end there. Max and the other kids in Maximum Ride are not the same Max and kids featured in those two books. nor do Frannie and Kit play any part in Maximum Ride. I hope you enjoy the ride anyways."
Author: James Patterson
13. "I feel the gods are pretty dead, though I suppose I ought to know that however, to be somewhat more philosophical in the matter, if atheism means simply not being a theist, then of course I'm an atheist.[Letter to Max Otto]"
Author: John Dewey
14. "I just told Max flatly, "I had laser surgery last week to lighten my birthmark," as if it was no big deal.Oh yeah?" he said. Unexpectedly, Max swiveled around, yanked his pants down.The last thing I thought I had wanted to see tonight was Merc walking out the door. I was wrong. It was this stranger's rear end. "Please don't tell me this is one of those stripping telegrams?"
Author: Justina Chen
15. "Holy crap," Mindy whispered."Jesus Christ," Brody muttered."Oh my God," I breathed."What the fuck?" Max clipped."
Author: Kristen Ashley
16. "Papa sat with me tonight. He brought the accordion down and sat close to where Max used to sit. I often look at his fingers and face when he plays. the accordion breathes. There are lines on his cheeks. They look drawn on, and for some reason, when I see them, I want to cry. It is not for any sadness or pride. I just like the way they move and change. Sometimes I think my papa is an accordion. When he looks at me and smiles and breathes, I hear the notes."
Author: Markus Zusak
17. "When the artist finds himself he is lost. The fact that he has succeeded in never finding himself is regarded by Max Ernst as his only lasting achievement."
Author: Max Ernst
18. "When Ginny realized I wouldn't ask Max for a divorce, her request became an ultimatum. One day she screamed, "Make up your mind, Simon. It's either me or your wife, you can't have it both ways." She didn't sound vulnerable like a rejected woman, she sounded shrill and demanding with a threatening tone. (terrific line) This had to end, and soon."
Author: Nick Hahn
19. "Was a time... Sure. And there was another fucking time the summers never seemed to end and you'd never paid for it in your life. Remember that? Time passes, Max - get over it. Skip the fucking nostalgia, let's get where we're at."
Author: Richard K. Morgan
20. "When I saw you on the stairs before, I'd forgotten how beautiful you are,' he whispered against her skin.‘Spotty, not beautiful,' she corrected gently, running her finger along his crooked nose. ‘Now you, you're beautiful.'‘I even missed your inferiority complex.' Max smiled and shifted against her.‘Not being inferior. It's a point of fact. I'm covered in zits,' Neve said and she didn't know why she felt the need to share that with Max but then she was glad that she had because he was kissing each one of the angry red bumps along her forehead and chin and cheeks, even though a few of them were starting to suppurate. ‘Don't do that, it's completely unhygienic. Kiss my mouth instead."
Author: Sarra Manning
21. "Some moments I believed Max could've easily been Red Riding Hood's wolf. But she probably would have liked it."
Author: Shannon Delany
22. "To be fair, you can tell me what you think of me," Max offered. "I didn't mean to offend you. I was just making a few observations.""How could I possibly know enough about you to make a proper judgment?" His tone was harsher than he'd anticipated. "You've taken a stranger into your home without so much as a second thought and offered everything but your bed. Crazy comes to mind. Suicidal maybe."Max leaned forward in her chair, readying her defenses. "Excuse me?""I don't mean to sound ungrateful here but please remember that you don't know me. I appreciate all that you've done but that doesn't entitle you to judge me.""I wasn't judging you," she bit back. "But maybe you're right. I don't think I thought this through at all."
Author: Shawn Kirsten Maravel
Quotes About Max Lightwood Pictures