Famous Quotes About Mercy And Forgiveness
Browse 11 famous quotes and sayings about Mercy And Forgiveness.
Top Quotes About Mercy And Forgiveness
1. "Who would ever know the greater graces of comfort and perserverance, mercy and forgiveness, patience and courage, if no shadows fell over a life?"
Author: Ann Voskamp
2. "Each of us is under a divinely spoken obligation to reach out with pardon and mercy and to forgive one another. There is a great need for this Christlike attribute in our families, in our marriages, in our wards and stakes, in our communities, and in our nations. We will receive the joy of forgiveness in our own lives when we are willing to extend that joy freely to others. Lip service is not enough. We need to purge our hearts and minds of feelings and thoughts of bitterness and let the light and the love of Christ enter in. As a result, the Spirit of the Lord will fill our souls with the joy accompanying divine peace of conscience."
Author: Dieter F. Uchtdorf
3. "It seems to me like Mother Nature's mercy and forgiveness have run dry, as we ceaselessly abuse her and take her for granted in order for us to continue our addiction to using fossil fuels. I've gotta say, I don't blame her. Not one bit."
Author: Gloria Reuben
4. "With time and perspective we recognize that such problems in life do come for a purpose, if only to allow the one who faces such despair to be convinced that he really does need divine strength beyond himself, that she really does need the offer of heaven's hand. Those who feel no need for mercy usually never seek it and almost never bestow it. Those who have never had a heartache or a weakness or felt lonely or forsaken never have had to cry unto heaven for relief of such personal pain. Surely it is better to find the goodness of God and the grace of Christ, even at the price of despair, than to risk living our lives in a moral or material complacency that has never felt any need for faith or forgiveness, any need for redemption or relief."
Author: Jeffery R. Holland
5. "Emma Katherine Harrison, angel of mercy and forgiveness, love of my life and mother of my son, will you make me the happiest man in the world and say you'll marry me?"
Author: Katie Ashley
6. "I did not regret any single thing I have done in my life in the past since the day I was already conscious of what I was and am doing, nor the things I have not done. Regretting is lame. I believe in myself, and so in God's mercy and forgiveness."
Author: Rea Erika Paraz Ebate
7. "Your heart has to be prepared ahead of time through faith and prayer and grace and mercy and love and forgiveness so you can keep your heart open in hell, when hell happens."
Author: Richard Rohr
8. "Many people are reluctant to show mercy because they don't understand the difference between trust and forgiveness.Forgiveness is letting go of the past. Trust has to do with future behavior."
Author: Rick Warren
9. "There's one emotion that will keep u miserable more than any others – and that is feeling like a disappointment in God's eyes. Believing you have let God down will certainly hold you back from receiving His best – love mercy grace and forgiveness. Let me encourage you right now – you are definitely not a disappointment to God. He made you and He understands your human emotions passions and frailties."
Author: Sue Augustine
10. "Mercy and forgiveness must be free and unmerited to the wrongdoer. If the wrongdoer has to do something to merit it, then it isn't mercy, but forgiveness always comes at a cost to the one granting the forgiveness."
Author: Timothy Keller
11. "Mercy is to care, and care very deeply about one another. It is to care to the point where we are prepared to be involved with the sufferings and adversities of others. It implies that I am prepared to put myself in the other person's place. It means that I shall try to really understand why they behave as they do, even though it injures me. It is a willingness to walk a mile in the other man's moccasins before I criticize his conduct. It is the extension of good will, help, forgiveness, compassion and kindness to one who may not seem to deserve it."
Author: W. Phillip Keller
Quotes About Mercy And Forgiveness Pictures