Famous Quotes About Messy Love
Browse 24 famous quotes and sayings about Messy Love.
Top Quotes About Messy Love
1. "Feather‘s sake, you are so fucking annoying, I love you."Warmth blossomed under Flit's skin, like a spark had been lit inside his heart and it had exploded in his chest, messy and wet and wonderful. "You love me?" "It's that or indigestion," Talon replied gruffly. He peppered Flit's forehead and cheeks with kisses."
Author: Aggy Bird
2. "So what are we supposed to do again, when we hate everything?You stop pretending life is such fun or makes sense. It's often messy and cruel and dull, and we do the best we can. It's unfair, and jerks seem to win. But you fall in love with a few people. Like I love you, Elizabeth. You're the angel God sent me."
Author: Anne Lamott
3. "Patch: You're staying here, Angel.Nora: You're taking this one alone?Patch: First, Hank can't see us together. Second, I don't like the idea of dragging you into something that could get messy fast. If you need one more reason, I love you."
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
4. "He smelled like leather and water. "I think," she said quietly, now that their mouths were close to each other, "that easy and clean love is not true. It is simply convenient. Messy love, though...that is something to revel in."
Author: Chelsea Fine
5. "Dear Human:You've got it all wrong.You didn't come here to master unconditional love. This is where you came from and where you'll return.You came here to learn personal love.Universal love.Messy love.Sweaty Love.Crazy love.Broken love.Whole love.Infused with divinity.Lived through the grace of stumbling.Demonstrated through the beauty of... messing up.Often.You didn't come here to be perfect, you already are.You came here to be gorgeously human. Flawed and fabulous.And rising again into remembering.But unconditional love? Stop telling that story.Love in truth doesn't need any adjectives.It doesn't require modifiers.It doesn't require the condition of perfection.It only asks you to show up.And do your best.That you stay present and feel fully.That you shine and fly and laugh and cry and hurt and heal and fall and get back up and play and work and live and die as YOU.Its enough.It's Plenty."
Author: Courtney A. Walsh
6. "Love is messy. If you really love someone, you can't avoid the pain. People die, people leave, things change, but sometimes it all works"
Author: Danielle Steel
7. "Life is messy and gloriously imperfect, and some signs of wear and tear indicate a well-loved, well-used home."
Author: Deborah Needleman
8. "It's a messy business--being alive. But I'd rather have this short time with those I love than have an easy time. We forget about the things we saw that morning,and we choose to build a bigger sandcastle."
Author: Emm Cole
9. "I… What are you saying, Zsadist?" she stammered, even though she'd heard every word.He glanced back down at the pencil in his hand and then turned to the table. Flipping the spiral notebook to a new page, he bent way over and labored on top of the paper for quite a while. Then he ripped the sheet free.His hand was shaking as he held it out. "It's messy."Bella took the paper. In a child's uneven block letters there were three words: I LOVE YOUHer lips flattened tight as her eyes stung. The handwriting got wavy and then disappeared. "Maybe you can't read it," he said in a small voice. "I can do it over." She shook her head. "I can read it just fine. It's… beautiful.""I don't expect anything back. I mean… I know that you don't… feel that for me anymore. But I wanted you to know. It's important that you knew."
Author: J.R. Ward
10. "Surely it's better to love others, however messy and imperfect the involvement, than to allow one's capacity for love to harden."
Author: Karen Armstrong
11. "A novel in progress doesn't have a clear, forward process. It's messy, like a beloved, balky child."
Author: Kay Kenyon
12. "I would laugh at all my provincial inmates, but I'm too busy lusting. I'm not usually interested in a guy with "take a number" on his forehead, but this guy doesn't have a forehead — it's buried in messy blond hair. And he's not one of the twenty guys I've known my entire pubescent life. he smiles like the Fourth of July. What's a dumb girl to do but get in line with everyone else not in his league? I guess journalism just became my most beloved class."
Author: Kristen Chandler
13. "I'm messy and a slob and I like beer a little too much. I work long hours and I like to be outside more than inside. I'm restless and reckless, and yes, I admit, a pervert. Upon occasion. But I love you. I've never loved anyone like I love you, Sara. Never will. I want to be with you until I take my last breath, and even when I take my last breath, I want it to be next to you. Please. Redeem my selfish soul and make it better, make me better. Say you'll be my wife."
Author: Lindy Zart
14. "Ever have one of "those" days?? Me too. Everything seems to go any way but your way -- again, me too. As I was unwinding a cord today, it reminded me of how our lives can be --- tangled and messy. And when we get in too big of a hurry, it just becomes more tangled. What a mess it can become! When was the last time you sat down with God, reading His Word, going over His plan for your life?? When was the last time you took time to enjoy God's creation -- sitting outside listening to the birds, watching the butterflies, smelling the flowers, etc?? When was the last time you just spent time with your family or other loved ones -- not because it was a family function, but just because you wanted to?? Sometimes the best way to untangle and clean up the messiness, is to just SLOW DOWN ... take a BREAK and remember to ENJOY the little things in LIFE."
Author: Lori Homeyer
15. "Messy love is better than none, I guess. I am no authority on sane living."
Author: Margaret Atwood
16. "Messy spirituality is the delirious consequence of a life ruined by a Jesus who will love us right into his arms."
Author: Michael Yaconelli
17. "When she saw my messy desk, she said she was the same way, and there was no dust on the TV, and I was easy to love. People just need a little help because they are so used to not loving. It's like scoring the clay to make another piece of clay stick to it."
Author: Miranda July
18. "You know everything and you know nothing…And in that there's this: You will always learn something new. About him. About her. About yourself. And in learning the bad, the uncomfortable, the messy- it's what you take away that counts. What will you do with that knowledge? Will you leave? Pull tighter? Ignore it? Use it to fall in love even deeper? That's when you learn more about yourself."
Author: Pamela Ribon
19. "Love doesn't let you walk away clean. Love is messy. Love takes a fucking piece of you before it's done."
Author: R.K. Lilley
20. "Cancer is messy and scary. You throw everything at it, but don't forget to throw love at it. It turns out that might be the best weapon of all."
Author: Regina Brett
21. "And that's when things get messy. When people begin moving beyond charity and toward justice and solidarity with the poor and oppressed, as Jesus did, they get in trouble. Once we are actually friends with the folks in struggle, we start to ask why people are poor, which is never as popular as giving to charity. One of my friends has a shirt marked with the words of late Catholic bishop Dom Helder Camara: "When I fed the hungry, they called me a saint. When I asked why people are hungry, they called me a communist." Charity wins awards and applause but joining the poor gets you killed. People do not get crucified for living out of love that disrupts the social order that calls forth a new world. People are not crucified for helping poor people. People are crucified for joining them."
Author: Shane Claiborne
22. "She loved hockey. Loved the speed, the agility. The fights. The men. Brawny, sweaty, messy. They let their hair grown, though no one would ever accuse them of being feminine, not with perpetual five o'clock shadow and bulging muscles. They skated with the grace of ballet dancers and fought at the drop of a glove."
Author: Stephanie Julian
23. "A mother needs to be in the home even when the kids aren't. A messy house sends a coded message to children: "I'm not loveable. Otherwise Mother would dust."
Author: Stephen Colbert
24. "My whole life I wanted to be normal. Everybody knows there's no such thing as normal. There is no black-and-white definition of normal. Normal is subjective. There's only messy, inconsistant, silly, hopeful version of how we feel most at home in our own lives. But when I think about what I have, what I strived to reach my whole life, it's not the biggest or best or easiest or prettiest or most anything. It's not the Manor or the laundry closet. Not the multi-million dollar inheritance or the poorhouse. It's not superstardom or unemployment. It's family and love and safety. It's bravery and hope. It's work and laughter and imperfection. It's my normal."
Author: Tori Spelling
Quotes About Messy Love Pictures