Famous Quotes About Military Brats
Browse 12 famous quotes and sayings about Military Brats.
Top Quotes About Military Brats
1. "My workplace is wherever I'm making something, which could be in a field in gold country, or in an abandoned warehouse on a military base."
Author: Adam Savage
2. "I went on inactive duty in August 1945, and since I had stayed in such good shape and had played ball on military teams, I was ready to start for the Indians just two days later, against the Tigers."
Author: Bob Feller
3. "In short, Israel is the measure of our failings and our incompetence. We have waited for a great leader for years, but none came; we have waited for a mighty military victory, but we were defeated roundly; we have waited for outside powers (the US or,in its time, the Soviet Union), but none came to our aid. The one thing we have not tried in all seriousness is to rely on OURSELVES: until we do that with a full commitment to success there is no chance that we can advance towards self-determination and freedom from aggression.-1998"
Author: Edward W. Said
4. "This is the same cruel and paradoxically benevolent bullshit that has kept the Catholic Church going for so many centuries. It is also the military ethic … a blind faith in some higher and wiser "authority." The Pope, The General, The Prime Minister … all the way up to "God."
Author: Hunter S. Thompson
5. "There was a military police brigade with over 3,400 soldiers getting ready to go home because their mission - prisoner-of-war operations - was finished."
Author: Janis Karpinski
6. "Incendiary capitalism is carrying its out evil works more dangerously than ever, and is doing so in the increasingly dangerous neighborhood of the powder kegs that are the great European military powers."
Author: Karl Liebknecht
7. "In fact, the U.S. military has bent over backwards to respect the religious beliefs of some very dangerous fanatics who want to kill us."
Author: Linda Chavez
8. "Thus, if armaments were curtailed without a secure peace and all countries disarmed proportionately, military security would have been in no way affected."
Author: Ludwig Quidde
9. "When you combine the men and women deployed from our military installations with activated reservists and members of the National Guard, Georgia is contributing more personnel to the theatre than any other State in our Union."
Author: Sonny Perdue
10. "Hail, Columbia! Home of the six inch cockroach and the stadium-sized lecture hall. A reservation for rich white people guarded by poor brown people in a sea of urban decay. Where nobody on the faculty has ever spent ten minutes in the freshman dorm, but everybody talks about humanism and compassion. They teach you that military people are scum, trash, the lowest of the low -- and then they assign Homer's ILIAD just to develop your sense of irony. Where else can you see three suicides a month dismissed as "slightly above average, but better than Smith or Brown?"
Author: Ted Rall
11. "When he was a boy he'd read books about great military campaigns, and visited the museums and looked with patriotic pride at the paintings of famous cavalry charges, last stands and glorious victories. It had come as rather a shock, when he later began to participate in some of these, to find that the painters had unaccountably left out the intestines. Perhaps they just weren't very good at them."
Author: Terry Pratchett
12. "I've decided that the political context is such that the only way reform will finally come about in the Russian military is that the deterioration goes beyond the point to which these old generals can stand up there and resist it."
Author: William Odom
Quotes About Military Brats Pictures