Famous Quotes About Military Tanks
Browse 11 famous quotes and sayings about Military Tanks.
Top Quotes About Military Tanks
1. "[A]s military history reveals, a bad plan is often better than no plan, especially if the people on the other side think it's a good plan."
Author: Adam Gopnik
2. "I believe the main solution is to gain the trust of Europe and America and to remove their concerns over the peaceful nature of our nuclear industry and to assure them that there will never be a diversion to military use."
Author: Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani
3. "But you invite ...""I invite a bit of military nonsense.""That's what I ...""Duncan, I am a teacher. Remember that. By repetition, I impress the lesson.""What lesson?" "The ultimately suicidal nature of military foolishness."
Author: Frank Herbert
4. "The basis on which the Good Friday agreement was constructed was in addressing those problems in the history of Northern Ireland, the social and constitutional problems as well as the military problems that have been unaddressed for centuries."
Author: John Reid
5. "Combat and rape, the public and private forms of organized social violence, are primarily experiences of adolescent and early adult life. The United States Army enlists young men at seventeen; the average age of the Vietnam combat soldier was nineteen. In many other countries boys are conscripted for military service while barely in their teens. Similarly, the period of highest risk for rape is in late adolescence. Half of all victims are aged twenty or younger at the time they are raped; three-quarters are between the ages of thirteen and twenty-six. The period of greatest psychological vulnerability is also in reality the period of greatest traumatic exposure, for both young men and young women. Rape and combat might thus be considered complementary social rites of initiation into the coercive violence at the foundation of adult society. They are the paradigmatic forms of trauma for women and men."
Author: Judith Lewis Herman
6. "He was a graduate of West Point, which is military academy that turns young men into homicidal maniacs for use in war."
Author: Kurt Vonnegut
7. "Our nation's military and law enforcement personal work hard to protect us. We must thank them for their continued vigilance. Without their sacrifice we would less capable of protecting our nation."
Author: Leonard Boswell
8. "The highly skilled workers at Lima have enabled the plant to grow far beyond its original mission, now providing a wide variety of cutting-edge military vehicles and equipment to the Army, Navy, and Marine Corps."
Author: Michael Oxley
9. "George Bush, Dick Cheney, every one of the speakers praised John Kerry's war record. No one said he was unfit. They said he has terrible judgment, and that's his record as a senator. Nobody questioned his military record."
Author: Peter King
10. "And yet your shadow isn't following you anymore. At some point your shadow has quietly slipped away. You pretend you don't notice, but you have, you're missing your fucking shadow, though there are plenty of ways to explain it, the angle of the sun, the degree of oblivion induced by the sun beating down on hatless heads, the quantity of alcohol ingested, the movement of something like subterranean tanks of pain, the fear of more contingent things, a disease that begins to become apparent, wounded vanity, the desire just for once in your life to be on time. But the point is, your shadow is lost and you, momentarily, forget it."
Author: Roberto Bolaño
11. "Every one of our greatest national treasures, our liberty, enterprise, vitality, wealth, military power, global authority, flow from a surprising source: our ability to give thanks."
Author: Tony Snow
Quotes About Military Tanks Pictures