Famous Quotes About Mimes
Browse 19 famous quotes and sayings about Mimes.
Top Quotes About Mimes
1. "I'm in the tree with Granddad Harry. We're twins. We're both missing the same arm, have sores on the same feet; we stroke our beards the same way. "Have you thought about my question?" he asks. "Which one?""The one about why you come here. The time I asked you if you really thought you could take me back with you?"I nod."You know you can't, right?" he says."Look. I have a reason for being here. I was sent. It's important," I say. He strokes his beard. I stroke my beard. We're like mirror mimes. Except my faces is still covered in banana stickers. Except he's really him and I'm not really anyone. "You're not coming here," he says. "You're escaping there. Big difference."
Author: A.S. King Everybody Sees The Ants
2. "Following directly behind the bier were the servants who would, in earlier times, have been slaughtered at the graveside, along with a warrior's horse. Musicians and torchbearers came next, with the rear taken up by the mimes- sinister, silent figures in wax masks modelled on dead members of the family."
Author: Catharine Arnold
3. "But see, amid the mimic routA crawling shape intrude!A blood-red thing that writhes from outThe scenic solitude!It writhes!- it writhes!- with mortal pangsThe mimes become its food,And seraphs sob at vermin fangsIn human gore imbued.Out- out are the lights- out all!And, over each quivering form,The curtain, a funeral pall,Comes down with the rush of a storm,While the angels, all pallid and wan,Uprising, unveiling, affirmThat the play is the tragedy, "Man,"And its hero the Conqueror Worm."
Author: Edgar Allan Poe
4. "The theatre is certainly a place for learning about the brevity of human glory: oh all those wonderful glittering absolutely vanished pantomimes."
Author: Iris Murdoch
5. "Love sounds like a trumpet mimicking a trombone. That's one of my hobbies, when I'm not impersonating statues of mimes."
Author: Jarod Kintz
6. "Don't move," said Sprockett."Mimes don't generally attack unless they are threatened."
Author: Jasper Fforde
7. "When I see professional clowns, mimes, or people who makes ballon animals, I think of their relatives and how disappointed they must be."
Author: Jimmy Fallon
8. "He was not quite sure how to phrase it, so he finally went with,haltingly, "I don't enjoy being at the center of attention."Her head tilted to the side, she regarded him for a long momentbefore saying, "No. You don't." And then: "You were always atree.""I beg your pardon?"Her eyes grew sentimental. "When we performed our awfulpantomimes as children. You were always a tree.""I never had to say anything.""And you always got to stand at the back."He felt himself smile, lopsided and true. "I rather liked being atree.""You were a very good tree." She smiled then, too—a radiant,wondrous thing. "The world needs more trees."
Author: Julia Quinn
9. "I spotted Dray standing to one side of the room and made my way to him. A mime accosted me along the way, but I did my best Russian-accented English and said, "In my country, we shoot mimes on the spot." The poor guy blanched beneath his white make up and backed away."
Author: Kate Evangelista
10. "Mimes! You can't tell me the devil doesn't have anything to do with mimes!-Paula, Holy Smokes"
Author: Katie MacAlister
11. "I feel a lot more comfortable on stage in the theatre. It just reminds me of being a kid and doing pantomimes."
Author: Kelly Brook
12. "The oldest theory of art belongs to the Greeks, who regarded art as an imitation (mimesis) of reality. The strength of that theory is that it explains the way in which art takes its materials from real life."
Author: Leland Ryken
13. "I have designed my style pantomimes as white ink drawings on black backgrounds, so that man's destiny appears as a thread lost in an endless labyrinth. I have tried to shed some gleams of light on the shadow of man startled by his anguish."
Author: Marcel Marceau
14. "The two of them shared a look over my head. Gabriel made several threatening faces. Dick responded with rude gestures. Eventually, they looked like two inebriated mimes having a dance off."
Author: Molly Harper
15. "He tugged on an imaginary rope,somewhere on the level of his ear, and then jerked his neck to one side, tongue protruding, eyes bulging. As quick pantomimes went, it was disturbing. And then he let go of the rope and smiled his familiar grin.Would you like some potato salad?"
Author: Neil Gaiman
16. "I have known heaven, and now I am in hell, and there are mimes."
Author: Nick Harkaway
17. "I think British audiences are accustomed to the 'boo' factor and pantomimes."
Author: Nigel Lythgoe
18. "The odd thing in this world is that an eager-beaver type, with no original ideas, who mimes those in authority above him right to the last twist of necktie and scrape of chin, always gets noticed. Gets selected. Rises."
Author: Philip K. Dick
19. "Oh, man," says Dum. "That would have been so awesome. Can you imagine? Boom!" He mimes a mushroom cloud. "Moo!"Dee gives him a long-suffering look. "You´re such a child. You can´t just waste a nuke like that. You gotta figure out a way to control the trajectory so that when the bomb goes off, it shoots the radioactive cows into your enemies."
Author: Susan Ee
Quotes About Mimes Pictures