Famous Quotes About Missing Wife And Daughter
Browse 23 famous quotes and sayings about Missing Wife And Daughter.
Top Quotes About Missing Wife And Daughter
1. "People imagine that missing a loved one works kind of like missing cigarettes,' he said. 'The first day is really hard but the next day is less hard and so forth, easier and easier the longer you go on. But instead it's like missing water. Every day, you notice the person's absence more."
Author: Anne Tyler
2. "The man and his wife were both naked, and were not ashamed."
3. "A man awakes every morningand instead of reading the newspaperreads Act V of Othello.He sips his coffee and is contentthat this is the news he needsas his wife looks on helplessly."
Author: B.J. Ward
4. "I perceived now that there is a love deeper than theirs who seek only the happiness of their beloved. Would a father see his daughter happy as a whore? Would a woman see her lover happy as a coward?"
Author: C.S. Lewis
5. "It's better when you have your wife with you, more fun."
Author: Evan Dando
6. "I'm a '70s mom, and my daughter is a '90s mom. I know a lot of women my age who are real computer freaks."
Author: Florence Henderson
7. "Biographers rue the destruction or loss of letters; they might also curse the husband and wife who never leave each other's side, and thus perform a kind of epistolary abortion."
Author: Janet Malcolm
8. "Dear Ford,I think my Ford Explorer door is broken. It just won't close. I think this is because I don't have the rest of the Explorer, I only have the door.It's a passenger-side door, and I bought it from a passenger. Also, it doesn't seem to be able to lock. I think the latch isn't catching, or something.I think it's missing some crucial parts, and I'd like to order them from you. I need: one frame, four wheels, a body, another door, an engine, a steering wheel, and some of those air fresheners that you stick in the vents. And I'm feeling frisky with my money, so let me go ahead and order some brakes while I'm at it. You can send the bill to the Pizza Hut on San Jose Boulevard. They'll just deliver it to me, along with the pizza I just ordered.Thank you,Jarod Kintz"
Author: Jarod Kintz
9. "My wife hates the beard. When we dated, I would grow it out during duck season. She said she could handle anything for three months - but now I have it all the time."
Author: Jase Robertson
10. "Yes. Just pass me my leg will you? It's on top of the wardrobe where he threw it, and I think my right arm is leaning over by the wall. My head is in the gas oven but it will probably be all right, I'm told that green colour wears off. Unfortunately I threw my heart to the dogs. Never mind. No one will notice how much is missing from the inside, will they?"
Author: Jeanette Winterson
11. "I'd rather have a daughter in a whorehouse than a son in the police force,' Esther used to rage to anyone who would listen."
Author: John Waters
12. "I can't help but think that if she was going to kill herself, she might as well have done it earlier. Perhaps when I was a toddler. Or better yet, an infant. It certainly would have made my life easier. I asked my uncle Hugh (who is not really my uncle, but he is married to the stepsister of my current mother's brother's wife and he lives quite closeand he's a vicar) if I would be going to hell for such a thought. He said no, that frankly, it made a lot of sense to him. I do think I prefer his parish to my own."
Author: Julia Quinn
13. "Well, God be with you,' she said as she finally left him. 'I'm sure He is,' he replied. She gave a start. 'Are you certain of that?''He has every reason to be. Obviously He's Lord over all Creation, but it can't be anything special to be god of animals and mountains. It's really us human beings that make Him what He is. So why shouldn't He be with us?'Having delivered this impressive speech, Rolandsen looked rather pleased with himself. The curate's wife would be puzzling over him as she walked home. Ha-ha, it was not so surprising that the little dome resting on his shoulders should have made such a great invention after all! But now the cognac had arrived."
Author: Knut Hamsun
14. "This is your life now?" "Guess so." "Huh," I said, summing up the situation perfectly. "Why don't you go back to LA?" Blue eyes watched me warily and he didn't answer at first. "My wife lives in Portland."
Author: Kylie Scott
15. "But you're almost eighteen. You're old enough. Everyone else is doing it.And next year someone is going to say to someone else 'but you're only sixteen, everyone else is doing it' Or one day someone will tell your daughter that she's only thirteen and everyone else is doing it. I don't want to do it because everyone else is doing it."
Author: Melina Marchetta
16. "If you don't get on the field and play then you will be missing out."
Author: Michael Schenker
17. "God isn't dead - he's just missing in action."
Author: Phil Ochs
18. "When you forget what you ultimately stand for, you rejoice in blinding ignorance. Missing the bigger picture for the near pleasure is what humans and all living beings stand for. I guess there is no alternate way either. Because it is after all a game that all are destined to play until they end up dead."
Author: Rakesh Ranjan
19. "Butch hesitated. "Annabeth's okay. You gotta cut her some slack. She had a vision telling her to come here, to find a guy with one shoe. That was supposed to be the answer to her problem.""What Problem?" Piper asked."She's been looking for one of our campers, who's been missing three days," Butch said. "She's going out of her mind with worry. She hoped he'd be here.""Who?" Jason asked."Her boyfriend," Butch said, "A guy named Percy Jackson."
Author: Rick Riordan
20. "The Cheesecake Factory is a great business model, but if you take your wife there for your 25th wedding anniversary, you might not reach your 26th."
Author: Scott Adams
21. "Oh, and Jack said to tell you something…what was it? Ah…he said, ‘If the Mets get anywhere near home base, it'll be the last game they ever play.'" She laughed. "I don't know a lot about baseball. Did that make sense?" Daniel gulped. "Perfect sense." In other words, touch my daughter and die, asshole. "See you tomorrow, Daniel." "Bye, sunshine." Daniel hung up the phone and stared off into space. Obviously Jack was trying to kill him. Take my beautiful daughter out, sit next to her for hours on end, and bring her home untouched. The prom date from hell. Matt and Brent came up behind him. "How'd it go?" Matt asked. "Oh, you know…perfect." He turned to Brent. "I'm taking her to the game tomorrow night." Brent's mouth dropped open. "What the hell? I thought you were taking me?" "Tough shit. She smells better than you."
Author: Tessa Bailey
22. "? To my daughter Taliah, I just wanted to tell you how proud we are all of you and all the other children of the PS22 Chorus of Staten Island. With your great determination and hard work you all made this day happen, singing at the presidential inauguration. I want you to remember this day for the rest of your life, because it is such an historical day for you, for your school and for our nation. As you sit above the great man below you taking the oath of presidency...remember as a child he had dreams too and the great odds he had to overcome to achieve them . May your dreams take you far in your life and may it all start on this day, at this period of time, at this historical moment in your lives...may you all cherish this moment in your hearts forever!"
Author: Timothy Pina
23. "But now his dry and silent grieving for his lost wife must end, for there she stood, the fierce, recalcitrant, and fragile stranger, forever to be won again."
Author: Ursula K. Le Guin
Quotes About Missing Wife And Daughter Pictures