Famous Quotes About Modern Family Dreamers
Browse 17 famous quotes and sayings about Modern Family Dreamers.
Top Quotes About Modern Family Dreamers
1. "We might feel that we must demonstrate explicitly when we're upset, or not upset. This perceived need may stem from our family of origin, from how we learned to be heard when a simple "no" wasn't enough. We may have learned to mask certain feelings, or portray feelings that weren't ours. But as adults we each need to learn to state our personal truth without having to prove it or shout it."
Author: Alexandra Katehakis
2. "Modern life would not be possible if it were not for chemicals, nor would modern natural gas production."
Author: Aubrey McClendon
3. "My life and the life of my family has to do with exploration, with adventure. My grandfather was the first man in the stratosphere, and my father was the first to touch the deepest point in the ocean... For me, adventure and exploration is something in the blood."
Author: Bertrand Piccard
4. "My mom and dad got divorced when I was very young, and growing up in a family where the head of the household wasn't a man made a big difference."
Author: Dave Mustaine
5. "Another one says she has asnap-off crotch. What do you think she means by that? I'm a little worried,though, about all these outbreaks of lifestyle diseases. I carry a reinforced ribbed condom at all times. One size fits all. But I have a feeling it's not much protection against the intelligence and adaptability of the modern virus."
Author: Don DeLillo
6. "The making of miracles to edification was as ardently admired by pious Victorians as it was sternly discouraged by Jesus of Nazareth. Not that the Victorians were unique in this respect. Modern writers also indulge in edifying miracles though they generally prefer to use them to procure unhappy endings, by which piece of thaumaturgy they win the title of realists."
Author: Dorothy L. Sayers
7. "The whole imaginative effort of Walt Whitman was really an effort to absorb and animate these multitudinous modern repetitions; and Walt Whitman would be quite capable of including in his lyric litany of optimism a list of the nine hundred and ninety-nine identical bathrooms."
Author: G.K. Chesterton
8. "My mom's family is Russian Jewish, and my dad's Puerto Rico Catholic, so it's kind of a weird mix."
Author: Ian Gomez
9. "Take modern courtships! They resulted in the same thing as under George the Second, but took longer to reach it, owing to the motor-cycle and the standing lunch."
Author: John Galsworthy
10. "Stirlings of old had been so damned besotted with their newfound earldom that they couldn't think to put any other name on anything...It was a wonder he didn't drink Kilmartin Tea and sit on a Kilmartin-style chair. In fact, he probably would be doing just that if his grandmother had found a way to manage it without actually taking the family into trade."
Author: Julia Quinn
11. "Cutting pain was a different flavor of hurt. It made it easier not to think about having my body and my family and my life stolen, made it easier not to care... -Wintergirls"
Author: Laurie Halse Anderson
12. "It's hard enough to work and raise a family when your kids are all healthy and relatively normal, but when you add on some kind of disability or disease, it can just be such a burden."
Author: Patricia Heaton
13. "These are tough times for state governments. Huge deficits loom almost everywhere, from California to New York, from New Jersey to Texas.Wait—Texas? Wasn't Texas supposed to be thriving even as the rest of America suffered? Didn't its governor declare, during his re-election campaign, that 'we have billions in surplus'? Yes, it was, and yes, he did. But reality has now intruded, in the form of a deficit expected to run as high as $25 billion over the next two years.And that reality has implications for the nation as a whole. For Texas is where the modern conservative theory of budgeting—the belief that you should never raise taxes under any circumstances, that you can always balance the budget by cutting wasteful spending—has been implemented most completely. If the theory can't make it there, it can't make it anywhere."
Author: Paul Krugman
14. "Blood is one thing, but that's not all that goes into family. The family you choose is the family that really matters. They're the ones who'll keep you standing."
Author: Seanan McGuire
15. "The anti-religious modernism which now threatens Islam and Muslims everywhere can be fully understood only by understanding the religion of the civilization in whose bosom modernism first developed, against which it rebelled, and whose tenets it has been challenging through constant battle since the birth of the modern world in the Renaissance."
Author: Seyyed Hossein Nasr
16. "Matching your hat to your shoe to your bag, or your necklace to your earrings, has a tendency to look dated. Mixing up your accessories adds interest to an outfit, and can make you look much more modern and polished."
Author: Stacy London
17. "The belief that time is a linear, directed sequence running from A to B is a modern illusion. In fact, it can also go from B to A, the effect producing the cause."
Author: Umberto Eco
Quotes About Modern Family Dreamers Pictures