Famous Quotes About Mom Being Your Best Friend
Browse 17 famous quotes and sayings about Mom Being Your Best Friend.
Top Quotes About Mom Being Your Best Friend
1. "Being able to draw means being able to put things in believable space. People who don't draw very well can't do that."
Author: David Hockney
2. "Who picks your clothes - Stevie Wonder?"
Author: Don Rickles
3. "The problem (as I'd learned, repeatedly) was that thirty-six hours in, with your body in full revolt, and the remainder of your un-opiated life stretching out bleakly ahead of you like a prison corridor, you needed some fairly compelling reason to keep moving forward into darkness, rather than falling straight back into the gorgeous feather mattress you'd so foolishly abandoned."
Author: Donna Tartt
4. "Wonderful art can spring from misery,I'm the last person to deny that.I'd go even further:the best works of art of all time are probably stemmed from the deep human sorrow or hellish frustration,the death of a loved one or a divorce and yes:jealousy.Heartache and impotence as the man-spring for making the unverifiable verifiable and for giving it face.How romantic,beautiful and especially useful pain and misery can be."
Author: Esther Verhoef
5. "Claudette Colbert was not Hollywood's greatest beauty, but her trim little figure, round, kitten-like face, and obviously intelligent good humor made her a bit of a sex symbol, much to her own surprise. By 1934 she'd adopted the hairstyle she kept for life: a short, auburn bob with a fringe of bangs. Although a partygoer and social animal, Claudette was also known as a tough-as-nails professional, overseeing her lighting and camera angles. Her right profile was known as "the dark side of the moon," and scenes had to be staged so as not to show it. She was also self-conscious about her short neck—directing her in a 1956 TV show, Noël Coward reportedly snapped, "If only Claudette Colbert had a neck, I'd wring it!" "When it comes to details, I'm a horror," she admitted cheerfully, though downplaying the profile story. "Why not have your good side showing?"
Author: Eve Golden
6. "It's much worse to read criticism about your son than yourself."
Author: George H. W. Bush
7. "A brick could be shoved in your buttocks. You know, for your enjoyment."
Author: Jarod Kintz
8. "It's beneficial to play against your type; to be chameleon-like."
Author: Laura Carmichael
9. "When you call me close to tell me your body is not beautiful I want to summon the eyes and hidden mouths of stone and light and water to testify against you."
Author: Leonard Cohen
10. "I don't know. D'you think? He's pretty wide in the chest." The girl looked at me, and I was frozen. So I said, "Yeah. I work out." Violet asked me, "What are you? What's your cup size?" I shrugged and played along. "Like, nine and a half?" I guessed. "That's my shoe size." Violet said, "I think he'd like something slinky, kind of silky." I said, "As long as you can stop me from rubbing myself up against a wall the whole time." "Okay," said Violet, holding her hands up like she was annoyed. "Okay, the chemise last week was a mistake."
Author: M.T. Anderson
11. "We cannot let the haters of this world define us. Or frighten us into no longer being ourselves."
Author: Mary E. DeMuth
12. "He's as ambivalent about raising a family as I am, but he'll do it because I asked him to. And until now, I tried convincing myself that it was the praiseworthy decision. But is it the right choice for the babies? For Ram?For me?But I'm not supposed to think about what's best for me, am I?"
Author: Megan McCafferty
13. "And I came home? Like a stone ?And I fell heavy into your arms? These days of darkness? which we've known?Will blow away with this new sun?? And I'll kneel down?wait for now? And I'll kneel down ?know my ground ??And I will wait I will wait for you ?And I will wait I will wait for you"
Author: Mumford And Sons
14. "I'll go from world to world until I find a time and place where you can come awake in safety. And I'll tell your story to my people, so that perhaps in time the can forgive you, too. The way that you've forgiven me."
Author: Orson Scott Card
15. "A mountain keeps an echo deep inside. That's how I hold your voice."
16. "Speak Little. Learn the words of eternity.Go beyond your tangled thoughts andfind the splendor of paradise."
17. "Annie winced. "Ooooh, you know, it's remarks like that that lead people to draw unflattering conclusions about your sanity."
Author: Tami Hoag
Quotes About Mom Being Your Best Friend Pictures