Famous Quotes About Morning And Night
Browse 20 famous quotes and sayings about Morning And Night.
Top Quotes About Morning And Night
1. "Who scribbled all night rocking and rolling over lofty incantations which in the yellow morning were stanzas of gibberish."
Author: Allen Ginsberg
2. "There are pros and cons of experience. A con is that you can't look at the business with a fresh pair of eyes and as objectively as if you were a new CEO. Fire yourself on a Friday night and come in on Monday morning as if a search firm put you there as a turn-around leader. Can you be objective and make the bold change?"
Author: Andrea Jung
3. "Her father was the face of her morning and night, he was everything, so saturating Havaa's world that she could no more describe him than she could the air."
Author: Anthony Marra
4. "When I die, she said, I am coming back as a tree with deep roots and I'll wave my leaves to the children every morning on their way to school & whisper tree songs at night in their dreams. Trees with deep roots know about the things that children need."
Author: Brian Andreas
5. ".......She said you need to eat well, say prayers without fail each morning and night, and avoid drinking strong spirits." "One problem. Drinking strong spirits is how I pray."
Author: Dean Koontz
6. "He burned to appease the fierce longings of his heart before which everything else was idle and alien. He cared little that he was in mortal sin, that his life had grown to be a tissue of subterfuge and falsehood. Beside the savage desire within him to realize the enormities which he brooded on nothing was sacred. He bore cynically with the shameful details of his secret riots in which he exulted to defile with patience whatever image had attracted his eyes. By day and by night he moved among distorted images of the outer world. A figure that had seemed to him by day demure and innocent came towards him by night through the winding darkness of sleep, her face transfigured by a lecherous cunning, her eyes bright with brutish joy. Only the morning pained him with its dim memory of dark orgiastic riot, its keen and humiliating sense of transgression."
Author: James Joyce
7. "From a night of more sleep than she had expected, Marianne awoke the next morning to the same consciousness of misery in which she had closed her eyes."
Author: Jane Austen
8. "I have glaucoma, so use eye drops both morning and night."
Author: Malcolm Boyd
9. "A boy from Brooklyn used to cruise on summer nights.As soon as he'd hit sixty he'd hold his hand out the window,cupping it around the wind. He'd been assuredthis is exactly how a woman's breast feels when you putyour hand around it and apply a little pressure. Now he knew,and he loved it. Night after night, again and again, untilthe weather grew cold and he had to roll the window up.For many years afterwards he was perpetually attemptingto soar. One winter's night, holding his wife's breastin his hand, he closed his eyes and wanted to weep.He loved her, but it was the wind he imagined now.As he grew older, he loved the word etcetera and refusedto abbreviate it. He loved sweet white butter. He oftenpretended to be playing the organ. On one of his last mornings,he noticed the shape of his face molded in the pillow.He shook it out, but the next morning it reappeared."
Author: Mary Ruefle
10. "I'm thinking that after last night you shouldn't have to spend your morning in a hospital finding out if my mother has tried to OD.""And I'm thinking that after last night I want to be anywhere you are and if that means being in a hospital asking about your mother, then so be it."
Author: Melina Marchetta
11. "Good-night? ah! no; the hour is illWhich severs those it should unite;Let us remain together still,Then it will be good night.How can I call the lone night good,Though thy sweet wishes wing its flight?Be it not said, thought, understood --Then it will be -- good night.To hearts which near each other moveFrom evening close to morning light,The night is good; because, my love,They never say good-night."
Author: Percy Bysshe Shelley
12. "Prayer is an essential part of conveying appreciation to our Heavenly Father. He awaits our expressions of gratefulness each morning and night in sincere, simple prayer from our hearts for our many blessings, gifts, and talents. Through expression of prayerful gratitude and thanksgiving, we show our dependence upon a higher source of wisdom and knowledge—God the Father and his Son, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We are taught to ‘live in thanksgiving daily.' (Alma 34:38.)"
Author: Robert D. Hales
13. "...study the scriptures; pray morning and night; keep a near, well-groomed appearance; follow a schedule; set and achieve goals; be honest in all your dealings; keep commandments; and always live the standards revealed by prophets."
Author: Robert D. Hales
14. "It may be that the night will close over us in the end, but I believe that morning will come again. Morning always grows out of the darkness, though maybe not for the people who saw the sun go down. We are the Lantern Bearers, my friend; for us to keep something burning, to carry what light we can forward into the darkness and the wind."
Author: Rosemary Sutcliff
15. "We lived for honey. We swallowed a spoonful in the morning to wake us up and one at night to put us to sleep. We took it with every meal to calm the mind, give us stamina, and prevent fatal disease. We swabbed ourselves in it to disinfect cuts or heal chapped lips. It went in our baths, our skin cream, our raspberry tea and biscuits. Nothing was safe from honey...honey was the ambrosia of the gods and the shampoo of the goddesses."
Author: Sue Monk Kidd
16. "Ah," Gary said dreamily. " 'Free time.' I've heard about that. Don't fool yourself, Fire-Top. What with extra hours of lessons for punishments, and the extra work you get every day, free time is an illusion. It's what you get when you die and the gods reward you for a life spent working from dawn until midnight. We all face up to it sooner or later--the only real free time you get here is what my honored sire chooses to give you, when he thinks you have earned it." "And he doesn't give it to you at night," Alex put in. "He gives it to you when you've been here awhile, on Market Day and sometimes a morning or afternoon all to yourself. But never at night. At night you study. During the day you study. In your sleep--"
Author: Tamora Pierce
17. "I was up late last night yapping about the elections on CNN and up early this morning doing the same thing in my daughter's kindergarten class."
Author: Tucker Carlson
18. "THE POISON TREEI was angry with my friend: I told my wrath, my wrath did end. I was angry with my foe; I told it not, my wrath did grow. And I water'd it in fears, Night & morning with my tears; And I sunned it with my smiles And with soft deceitful wiles. And it grew both day and night, Till it bore an apple bright; And my foe beheld it shine, And he knew that it was mine, And into my garden stole When the night had veil'd the pole: In the morning glad I see My foe outstretch'd beneath the tree."
Author: William Blake
19. "—Problem what happened he always woke up the same person went to bed the night before only way he knew it these God damned words going through his head, go to bed knew he'd wake up the same God damned person finally couldn't take it anymore, same God damned words waiting for him only thing to do get rid of the God damned container for the thing contained, God damned words come around next morning God damned container smashed on the sidewalk no place for them to . . ."
Author: William Gaddis
20. "I have stayed these years in my hovel because of you. I have taught myself languages because of you. I have made my body strong because I thought you might be pleased by a strong body. I have lived my life with only the prayer that some sudden dawn you might glance in my direction. I have not known a moment in years when the sight of you did not send my heart careening against my rib cage. I have not known a night when your visage did not accompany me to sleep. There has not been a morning when you did not flutter behind my waking eyelids."
Author: William Goldman
Quotes About Morning And Night Pictures