Famous Quotes About Mousse
Browse 15 famous quotes and sayings about Mousse.
Top Quotes About Mousse
1. "For the next few minutes, there was a thorough rehashing of the courses (That meat was delicious. The sauce was perfect. And ooh that chocolate mousse.) This was a social nicety that seemed more prevalent the higher you climbed the social ladder and the less your hostess cooked."
Author: Amor Towles
2. "I feel old when I see mousse in my opponent's hair."
Author: Andre Agassi
3. "Les points d'alimentationPowerpointsthat discuss power pointsand targets of softtargets Sweet Açaífell in love with GrapefruitPaint my skin with honeyactivate the points of powerpowerpointsque discuterles points d'alimentationet les objectifs de mouobjectifsacai douxtombé en amour avecpamplemoussePeindre ma peau avec du mielactiver les points de puissance"
Author: Antonia Perdu
4. "Near the docks downtown he swerves off the highway and races the cab toward the end of a deserted parking area and it hits me somewhere, now, this moment, when he drives into and then over a dilapidated, rust-covered aluminum fence, heading toward water, that all I have to do is put the Walkman on, blot out the sound of the cabdriver, but my hands are twisted into paralyzed fists that I can't unclench, held captive in the cab as it hurtles toward a destination only the cabdriver, who is obviously deranged, knows. The windows are rolled down partially and I can feel the cool morning air drying the mousse on my scalp. I feel naked, suddenly tiny. My mouth tastes metallic, then it gets worse. My vision: a winter road. But I'm left with one comforting thought: I am rich - millions are not."
Author: Bret Easton Ellis
5. "Hello, Halberstam," Owen says, walking by.Hello, Owen," I say, admiring the way he's styled and slicked back his hair, with a part so even and sharp it... devastates me and I make a mental note to ask him where he purchases his hair-care products, which kind of mousse he uses, my final guesses after mulling over the possibilities being Ten-X."
Author: Bret Easton Ellis
6. "A smile flickered across Coral's face. "Have you ever noticed that once you have had a taste of certain sweets—raspberry trifle is my own despair—it is quite impossible not to think, not to want, not to crave until you have taken another bite?" "Lord Swartingham is not a raspberry trifle." "No, more of a dark chocolate mousse, I should think," Coral murmured. "And," Anna continued as if she hadn't heard the interruption, "I don't need another bite, uh,night of him."
Author: Elizabeth Hoyt
7. "Le même sentiment d'inappartenance, de jeu inutile, où que j'aille : je feins de m'intéresser à ce qui ne m'importe guère, je me trémousse par automatisme ou par charité, sans jamais être dans le coup, sans jamais être quelque part. Ce qui m'attire est ailleurs, et cet ailleurs je ne sais ce qu'il est."
Author: Emil Cioran
8. "Nico's hair was combed straight up, stiff with mousse, the tips dyed the color of traffic cones."
Author: Frederick Weisel
9. "I have made bouquets of pleats, bouquets of flowers, bouquets of ruffles, bouquets of feathers. Often I design in mousseline, held tightly around the waist, and with something else going on all around."
Author: Giambattista Valli
10. "Un rideau de flocons blancs ininterrompu miroitait sans cesse en descendant vers la terre; il effaçait les formes, poudrait les choses d'une mousse de glace; et l'on n'entendait plus, dans le grand silence de la ville calme et ensevelie sous l'hiver, que ce froissement vague, innommable et flottant de la neige qui tombe, plutôt sensation que bruit , entremêlement d'atomes légers qui semblaient emplir l'espace, couvrir le monde."
Author: Guy De Maupassant
11. "I would far prefer to have things happen as they naturally do, such as the mousse refusing to leave the mold, the potatoes sticking to the skillet, the apple charlotte slowly collapsing. One of the secrets of cooking is to learn to correct something if you can, and bear with it if you cannot."
Author: Julia Child
12. "Most inexperienced cooks believe, mistakenly, that a fine cake is less challenging to produce than a fine souffle or mousse. I know, however, that a good cake is like a good marriage: from the outside, it looks ordinary, sometimes unremarkable, yet cut into it, taste it, and you know that it is nothing of the sort. It is the sublime result oflong and patient experience, a confection whose success relies on a profound understanding of compatibilities and tastes; on a respect for measurement, balance, chemistry and heat; on a history of countless errors overcome."
Author: Julia Glass
13. "Nim unwrapped a loaf of fresh dilled rye bread and opened a crock of trout mousse. He slathered up a big slice and handed it to me. [...] We had thinly sliced veal smothered in kumquat sauce, fresh spinach with pine nuts, and fat red beefsteak tomatoes (impossibly rare at this time of year) broiled and stuffed with lemon apple sauce. The wide, fan-shaped mushrooms were sauteed lightly and served as a side dish. The main course was followed by a salad of red and green baby lettuce with dandelion greens and toasted hazelnuts."
Author: Katherine Neville
14. "La Courbe de tes yeuxLa courbe de tes yeux fait le tour de mon coeur,Un rond de danse et de douceur,Auréole du temps, berceau nocturne et sûr,Et si je ne sais plus tout ce que j'ai vécuC'est que tes yeux ne m'ont pas toujours vu.Feuilles de jour et mousse de rosée,Roseaux du vent, sourires parfumés,Ailes couvrant le monde de lumière,Bateaux chargés du ciel et de la mer,Chasseurs des bruits et sources des couleurs,Parfums éclos d'une couvée d'auroresQui gît toujours sur la paille des astres,Comme le jour dépend de l'innocenceLe monde entier dépend de tes yeux pursEt tout mon sang coule dans leurs regards."
Author: Paul Éluard
15. "Sève qui monte et fleur qui pousse,Ton enfance est une charmille :Laisse errer mes doigts dans la mousseOù le bouton de rose brille."
Author: Paul Verlaine
Quotes About Mousse Pictures