Famous Quotes About Moving In A New Direction
Browse 16 famous quotes and sayings about Moving In A New Direction.
Top Quotes About Moving In A New Direction
1. "Ruins, for me, are the beginning. With the debris, you can construct new ideas. They are symbols of a beginning."
Author: Anselm Kiefer
2. "Evergreen had opened up a whole new world to me. There I met many internationally celebrated people: there I was surrounded by the best art and music, as well as conversation. I knew I could never return to the life I had led before."
Author: Billy Baldwin
3. "The situation with regard to insulin is particularly clear. In many parts of the world diabetic children still die from lack of this hormone. ... [T]hose of us who search for new biological facts and for new and better therapeutic weapons should appreciate that one of the central problems of the world is the more equitable distribution and use of the medical and nutritional advances which have already been established. The observations which I have recently made in parts of Africa and South America have brought this fact very forcible to my attention."
Author: Charles Herbert Best
4. "There will be a competition for the memorial. And then it can be developed with trees, with planting. It can become a very beautiful place protected from the streets, because it is below. And it can be something very moving and very private."
Author: Daniel Libeskind
5. "**New business concepts are always, always the product of lucky foresight.**That's right - the essential insight doesn't come out of any dirigiste planning process; it comes form some cocktail of happenstance, desire, curiosity, ambition and need. But at the end of the day, there has to be a degree of foresight -- a sense of where new riches lie. So radical innovation is always one part fortuity and one part clearheaded vision.[first-line bold by author] p.23"
Author: Gary Hamel
6. "And so in my warnings, I was pointing to a number of incidents around the communion that could undermine our growing sense of communion - of becoming a global communion. So that's why I pointed to New Westminster in Canada, to incidents in the United States, and Sydney itself."
Author: George Carey
7. "But I would much prefer students going to college to learn and be prepared for the rigors of the new economic order, rather than dumping fees on them to subsidize football programs that, far from enhancing the academic mission instead make a mockery of it."
Author: H. G. Bissinger
8. "During the war, in which several of our embedded correspondents were able to report from moving vehicles crossing the Iraqi desert, the use of technology made news gathering safer."
Author: Jim Walton
9. "This call for a new culture is not a new idea."
Author: John Hutton
10. "As we learn from the New Testament, the Jews and the Samaritans in the days of Jesus were not agreed on the question which was the proper place of worship, but that there could be only one was taken to be as certain as the unity of God Himself."
Author: Julius Wellhausen
11. "Time overlaps itself. A breath breathed from a passing breeze is not the whole wind, neither is it just the last of what has passed and the first of what will come, but is more--let me see--more like a single point plucked on a single strand of a vast spider web of winds, setting the whole scene atingle. That way; it overlaps...As prehistoric ferns grow from bathtub planters. As a shiny new ax, taking a swing at somebody's next year's split-level pinewood pad, bites all the way to the Civil War. As proposed highways break down through the stacked strata of centuries."
Author: Ken Kesey
12. "It may have seemed like an insane thing to do at the time, but somehow...staying in New York would have been even crazier."
Author: Liz Tuccillo
13. "Avery turned and smiled. "There's a huge party tonight, and you're invited. We're celebrating New Year's in style."I looked down at my sling. "I don't know. Navy-blue nylon isn't exactly a trend."
Author: Mara Purnhagen
14. "Bohr: Heisenberg, I have to say - if people are to be measured strictly in terms of observable quantities...Heisenberg: Then we should need a strange new quantum ethics."
Author: Michael Frayn
15. "On my first day in New York a guy asked me if I knew where Central Park was. When I told him I didn't he said, 'Do you mind if I mug you here?'."
Author: Paul Merton
16. "He took in a premeditated breath, closed his eyes, and exhaled into the nye at his lips, playing a new tune.It was not the sad music of waiting. Norwas it a melody of his heritage. It was a call to the earth. To Allah. Tothe country within him."
Author: Susan Abulhawa
Quotes About Moving In A New Direction Pictures