Famous Quotes About Music Theatre
Browse 26 famous quotes and sayings about Music Theatre.
Top Quotes About Music Theatre
1. "I love music videos, I really do. I think it's kind of sad that it's a dying art form."
Author: Adam Levine
2. "Sometimes a piece of music in the score isn't effective. When a score is too well finished with too many elements, sometimes it's too much."
Author: Alejandro Amenabar
3. "Let knowledge grow from more to more, But more of reverence in us dwell; That mind and soul, according well, May make one music as before, But vaster."
Author: Alfred Tennyson
4. "The third person is another pair of eyes. The third person is a presentiment of God. ...... a way to tell the story. It's a box for the endless music that's there between people, waiting to be played."
Author: Ali Smith
5. "Slowly, gently night unfurls its splendor. Grasp it, sense it, tremulous and tender. Turn your face away from the garish light of day, turn your thoughts away from cold, unfeeling light, and listen to the music of the night... Close your eyes and surrender to your darkest dreams, purge your thoughts of the life you knew before. Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar, and live, as you never lived before!"
Author: Charles Hart
6. "I have music inside me and I'm very lucky to be able to play music and that's the way that I try to do it."
Author: Charlie Haden
7. "I became an actor by doing school plays and youth theaters, and then National Youth Theatre of Great Britain. And then I did study at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts. For me that was a good way to enter the field, to work in the theater."
Author: Chiwetel Ejiofor
8. "The first Latin music that blew my mind was bumba, which was a Puerto Rican beat."
Author: David Johansen
9. "I have pretty ecumenical tastes. I'm interested in a lot of different kinds of music, so I don't listen with a jaundiced ear to music because it's in a certain category, whether it's country or opera or hip-hop or bebop or whatever it is."
Author: David Sanborn
10. "Distributing the music is so easy it's moot. So now the delicate art of calling attention to your music means everything. Marketing is distribution."
Author: Derek Sivers
11. "I studied at the Piccolo Teatro di Milano; I was a theatre actor."
Author: Franco Nero
12. "As I had collaborated with visual artists before whether on installations, on performance pieces, in the context of theatre works and as I had taught for a time in art colleges the idea of writing music in response to painting was not alien."
Author: Gavin Bryars
13. "I want to let everyone hear my music and enjoy it, but just as long as it's fun. I'll go as far as until it gets too much like a day job."
Author: Gin Wigmore
14. "Most of my career has been about standing on a stage performing music to an audience, and once the show is over, they go home and I go on to the next show."
Author: Greg Lake
15. "I think, once recipes become digital, pirating a digital recipe and all the questions that you have with music and so forth will become pertinent to food as well."
Author: Hod Lipson
16. "The way that I got involved with microtonal music was, frankly, through jazz."
Author: John Eaton
17. "Give me books, French wine, fruit, fine weather and a little music played out of doors by somebody I do not know."
Author: John Keats
18. "The band projects just took natural priority. I didn't really have a solo career, just wanted to share the music in another way and to learn more about writing, recording, etcetera."
Author: Ken Hensley
19. "I had no idea how difficult Sondheim's music would be. All through the rehearsals, I kept flubbing. There were so many tempo changes. I could never get through the opening number without any mistakes. One day, I went up to Hal Prince and offered to leave the show. He laughed it off. He said, 'Don't be silly. That's why we have tryouts.'"
20. "Among all the other nights upon nights, the girl had spent that one on the boat….when it happened, the burst of Chopin…. There wasn't a breath of wind and the music spread all over the dark boat, like a heavenly injunction whose import was unknown, like an order from God whose meaning was inscrutable. And the girl started up as if to go and kill herself in her turn, throw herself in her turn into the sea, and afterwards, she wept because she thought of the man from Cholon and suddenly she wasn't sure she hadn't loved him with a love she hadn't seen because it had lost itself in the affair like water in the sand and she rediscovered it only now, through this moment of music."
Author: Marguerite Duras
21. "We thought it would be great to see if you could put pop music back into musical theater."
Author: Neil Tennant
22. "First, it doesn't surprise me that traditional music has experienced a kind of exhaustion in the 20th century - not forgetting that many musicians started to look outside the traditional structures of tonality."
Author: Pierre Schaeffer
23. "Having good health, being able to breathe and be happy, that's one of the most beautiful gifts. On top of that, I have the gift to play music and make people happy through that. I'm just telling you from my heart, I'm so in love with life."
Author: Roy Ayers
24. "Other memories stick, no matter how much you wish they wouldn't. They're like a song you hate but can't ever get completely out of your head, and this song becomes the background noise of your entire life, snippets of lyrics and lines of music floating up and then receding, a crazy kind of tide that never stops."
Author: Sara Zarr
25. "Sometimes when I get home after a long day, I'll turn on music - I love Latin, disco, and pop - and do my own workout, even if it's a short one. Know a good song to work out to? 'I Will Survive.'"
Author: Summer Glau
26. "Both music and acting are huge parts of my life - it's all about balance."
Author: Victoria Justice
Quotes About Music Theatre Pictures