Famous Quotes About My Little Sister
Browse 21 famous quotes and sayings about My Little Sister.
Top Quotes About My Little Sister
1. "Row, row, row your boatGently down the stream.Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,Life is but a dream.I lie in bed beside my little sister, listening to the singing in the yard. Life is transformed, by these voices, by these presences, by their high spirits and grand esteem, for themselves and each other. My parents, all of us, are on holiday. The mixture of voices and words is so complicated and varied it seems that such confusion, such jolly rivalry, will go on forever, and then to my surprise—for I am surprised, even though I know the pattern of rounds—the song is thinning out, you can hear the two voices striving.Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,Life is but a dream.Then the one voice alone, one of them singing on, gamely, to the finish. One voice in which there is an unexpected note of entreaty, of warning, as it hangs the five separate words on the air. Life is. Wait. But a. Now, wait. Dream."
Author: Alice Munro
2. "He wrapped his hand around the back of her neck and massaged gently. "Listen to me, Cat, because I'll only say this once. You're the finest Lady I've ever met and the dearest friend I've ever had. Besides that, I love you like a brother, and any bastard who hurts my little sister is going to answer to me."
Author: Anne Bishop
3. "I pass off a few more résumés and jet away from her and that cinnamon smell, reserving the last paper in my hand so I can finish reading it. "Whoa—hello. What's this?" I mumble, staring at the paper. "Jess Jordan's How to be Normal Checklist, by Kika Jordan? Who's Kika?" I laugh. The way her face has turned whiter than the ice at the sports complex, I think this paper is no joke. "Kika's my little sister. Hand that over!" Do the right thing. Like she said, this is private information. None of my business. Only, it could possibly be my business. Indirectly. Not her fault…not mine… Jess's eyes have turned wild, exposed. "She made the list for me—as a joke. It's revenge. Last week I made her one on personal hygiene called: How NOT to Repel All Mankind."
Author: Anne Eliot
4. "What gives, O my little sister? Come thou and have a nice lay-down with your malenky droog in this bed."
Author: Anthony Burgess
5. "She's giving me that duh, really? look that my little sister gives me. Women must be born with that special talent."
Author: Georgia Cates
6. "Please excuse my little sister. She's got quite an imagination.Annie, you're just jealous because I come up with great stories and you're so boring."
Author: Janice Hanna
7. "My little sister snuck out of the house carrying a circular-saw blade and a can of Mace. I couldn't exactly let her come alone."
Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
8. "And my little sister died when she was 16."
Author: Jeremy London
9. "Hey, Ambs, you have a good day?"Jake asked as i got in the car."actually yeah i did, right up until the very end when some slut hit on me," i answered with a shrug. Jake immediately slapped Liam around the back of the head."Ouch, shith, what was that for?" Liam asked, rubbing his head."for hitting on my little sister." Jake shrugged."How did you know it was me?"
Author: Kirsty Moseley
10. "Nobody ever seems to want my advice about serious stuff. People will be like: 'Who made that sweater?' Or 'How did you get your hair so straight?' They don't to come to me for the relationship advice or deep stuff. In fact, my little sister actually hides from me."
Author: Lauren Graham
11. "Miracles are everywhere, and as I watch my sister--forever, beautiful, forever my little sister--staring into the eyes of the one man she ever loved, I know that indeed things do return to the beginning. The world opens again, and I see a life of happiness without fear. I gaze at my family--complicated though it may be--and know that fate smiles on us."
Author: Lisa See
12. "(We loved Mother too, completely, but we were finding out, as Father was too, that it is good for parents and for children to be alone now and then with one another...the man alone or the woman, to sound new notes in the mysterious music of parenthood and childhood.)That night I not only saw my Father for the first time as a person. I saw the golden hills and the live oaks as clearly as I have ever seen them since; and I saw the dimples in my little sister's fat hands in a way that still moves me because of that first time; and I saw food as something beautiful to be shared with people instead of as a thrice-daily necessity."
Author: M.F.K. Fisher
13. "I think that when I was child, acting was mostly just a hobby for me. It was something that my parents encouraged me to think of the way that my brothers thought of their cross-country classes, or my little sister to dance classes and art classes, and it was something like that for me."
Author: Mara Wilson
14. "It comes with being sixteen," Mom said. "You teenagers, you go into a cocoon when you turn fifteen and don't come out for years." "So they become butterflies when they finally come out?" my little sister Christina asked. "No," Mom said. "They're still caterpillars, only now they're big fat caterpillars that smell."
Author: Neal Shusterman
15. "I'll swap you my dad," I said."Oh-oh," said my little sister."
Author: Neil Gaiman
16. "I'm not going to roll the window down," I told him. "This car doesn't have automatic windows. I'd have to pull over and go around and lower it manually. Besides, it's cold outside, and unlike you, I don't have a fur coat."He lifted his lip in a mock snarl and put his nose on the dashboard with a thump."You're smearing the windshield," I told him.He looked at me and deliberately ran his nose across his side of the glass.I rolled my eyes. "Oh, that was mature. The last time I saw someone do something that grown-up was when my little sister was twelve."
Author: Patricia Briggs
17. "If I tried to shout over my older brother, my mother told me keep quiet. If I tried to shout over my little sister, my father told me to shut up. I found the best way to be heard was to lower my voice and actually speak when I had something to say."
Author: Peter Welch
18. "I used to belong to a family unit, with a foster mom and dad and my little sister, Bean, but that's over and I don't want to talk about what happened , or how unfair it was. Not yet. The less said about that the better, because if there's one thing I learned from Ryter it's that you can't always be looking backward or something will hit you from the front."
Author: Rodman Philbrick
19. "My little sister, Prim, curled up on her side, cocooned in my mother's body, their cheeks pressed together. In sleep, my mother looks younger, still worn but not so beaten-down. Prim's face is as fresh as a raindrop, as lovely as the primrose for which she was named. My mother was very beautiful once, too. Or so they tell me."
Author: Suzanne Collins
20. "That's when I hear the scream. So full of fear and pain it ices my blood. And so familiar. I drop the spile, forget where I am or what lies ahead, only know I must reach her, protect her. I run wildly in the direction of the voice, heedless of danger, ripping through vines and branches, through anything that keeps me from reaching her.From reaching my little sister."
Author: Suzanne Collins
21. "Caleb frowns at him. "How old are you, anyway?""Eighteen.""And you don't think you're too old to be with my little sister?"Tobias lets out a short laugh. "She isn't your little anything."
Author: Veronica Roth
Quotes About My Little Sister Pictures