Famous Quotes About My Sister
Browse 47 famous quotes and sayings about My Sister.
Top Quotes About My Sister
1. "If you have a brother or sister, tell them you love them every day - that's the most beautiful thing. I told my sister how much I loved her every day. That's the only reason I'm OK right now."
Author: Amaury Nolasco
2. "Emma this is not a joke. Look at your hands! They're... they're... wrinkled!""Yes that's because-""No way. I'm not going down for this. This isn't my fault.""Toraf-""Galen will find some way to blame me though. He always does. 'You wouldn't have gotten caught if you didn't swim so close to that boat, tadpole.' No it couldn't be the humans fault for fishing in the first place-""Toraf.""Or how about. 'Maybe if you'd stop trying to kiss my sister, she'd stop bashing your head with a rock.' How does my kissing her have anything to do with her bashing my head with a rock? If you ask me, it's just a result of poor parenting-""Toraf.""Oh and my favorite: 'If you play with a lionfish, you're going to get pricked.' I wasn't playing with it! I was just helping it swim faster by grabbing its fins-""TOR-AF."He stops pacing along the water, even seems to remember that I exist. "Yes, Emma? What were you saying?"
Author: Anna Banks
3. "When I first moved to L.A., I didn't have a lot of money to join a gym or take classes, so I improvised. My sister and I went to the library and looked over their DVD collection and discovered Neena and Veena, these Egyptian twins who have a whole series of belly dancing routines. We did them all."
Author: AnnaLynne McCord
4. "Izzy. My sister. She told me you liked me. Liked me, liked me.""Liked you, liked you?" Magnus buried his grin in the cat's fur. "Sorry. Are we twelve now? I don't recall saying anything to Isabelle . . ."
Author: Cassandra Clare
5. "At the apex of Prince's career, I listened almost exclusively to metal. My sister actually purchased 'Purple Rain' on cassette, which I write about in my anthology ["Chuck Klosterman IV: A Decade of Curious People and Dangerous Ideas"]. And I felt ashamed that I liked Prince so much. A typical rock fan would be embarrassed that they liked Warrant or Ratt at the time, but I had the exact opposite experience. And I had this overwhelming fear that Prince was actually a better guitar player than any of the metal gods."
Author: Chuck Klosterman
6. "As for my family, my father was Danel; he died as a mercenary in the southern wars," Han went on. "My mother's name was Sarah, called Sali, and my sister was Mari. They died last summer. But then, you already knew that. Every time you forget, I'll remind you. That's the blood sacrifice I made to be here, and that's enough."
Author: Cinda Williams Chima
7. "That's when it happens. Maybe it was my argument. Maybe it was my scary zeal. Whatever the reason, as soon as Megan whistles, the crowd is on its feet.They're blowing bubbles. They're raising their lighters high. They're cheering through their fangs...For Dawn Summers, for themselves and each other, for every sibling who got tossed into a situation beyond her control.For me.And for my sister, who whistles again...Once more with feeling."
Author: Cynthia Leitich Smith
8. "Do the routine for me. Please, Livie. I love you. I'm sorry I poisoned your boyfriend. I'm the one who made him so cute, though. You have to forgive me, Livia. I'm so bad." Kyle looked close to tears."He barfed and now he's fine," Livia said. "You know I love you, and you're not bad, you just make bad choices. Do I still have to do the routine?"Kyle smiled and wrinkled her nose. "Oh, yes. The routine must happen. Assume the position."Kyle bounced out of Livia's arms and gave Lorraine what must have been the universal hand gesture for I just tricked my sister into humiliating herself. Start the music before she runs."
Author: Debra Anastasia
9. "When Catherine told me about this (tragedy nearby), I could only say, shocked, "Dear God, that family needs grace."She replied firmly, "That family needs casseroles," and then proceeded to organize the entire neighborhood into bringing that family dinner, in shifts, every single night, for an entire year. I do not know if my sister fully recognizes that this _is_ grace."
Author: Elizabeth Gilbert
10. "Hereafter she is only my sister in name; not because I disown her, but because she has disowned me."
Author: Emily Brontë
11. "I do not mourn the loss of my sister because she will always be with me, in my heart," she says. "I am, however, rather annoyed that my Tara has left me to suffer you lot alone. I do not see as well without her. I do not hear as well without her. I do not feel as well without her. I would be better off without a hand or a leg than without my sister."
Author: Erin Morgenstern
12. "Well, my sister played trumpet. Can you imagine having a sister blowing the trumpet around the house, Fred? And my brother, he played piano. Everybody was playing some kind of music, so it was natural for me to get into it."
Author: Freddie Hubbard
13. "I shall be much obliged to you, cousin, if you will refrain from telling my sisters that she has a face like a horse!'‘But, Charles, no blame attaches to Miss Wraxton! She cannot help it, and that, I assure you, I have always pointed out to your sisters!'‘I consider Miss Wraxton's countenance particularly well-bred!'‘Yes, indeed, but you have quite misunderstood the matter! I meant a particularly well-bred horse!' 'You mean, as I am perfectly aware, to belittle Miss Wraxton!''No, no! I am very fond of horses!' Sophy said earnestly.Before he could stop himself he found that he was replying to this. 'Selina, who repeated the remark to me, is not fond of horses, however, and she-' He broke off, seeing how absurd it was to argue on such a head.'I expect she will be, when she has lived in the same house with Miss Wraxton for a month or two,' said Sophy encouragingly."
Author: Georgette Heyer
14. "Lilianna: How about you, Ryan? Any new news?Ryan: No, my sister being a brat is old news."
Author: H.R. Willaston
15. "No bikinis on a first date." He nods. "I'm sure that's a rule. Or should be. For my sisters anyway."
Author: Huntley Fitzpatrick
16. "My sister has the heart of an artist with a hatchet and an eye patch. And I, we both now know, have a heart that is undeniably, irreparably different."
Author: Jackson Pearce
17. "And then when you go away, you may leave one or two of my sisters behind you; and I dare say I shall get husbands for them before the winter is over.''"I thank you for my share of the favour,'' said Elizabeth, "But I do not particularly like your way of getting husbands."
Author: Jane Austen
18. "For my part, I am determined never to speak of it again to anybody. I told my sister Phillips so the other day."
Author: Jane Austen
19. "So my sister dances and the dead house burns, and I scrawl these few last words by the light of its burning. I know I should toss this story, too, on those flames. But I am still too much a storyteller -or at least a storykeeper-still too much my father's daughter to burn these pages."
Author: Jean Hegland
20. "He sent Eliza a small smile before turning to Lawrence. "What say you and I return to the hotel for a bit? I need to check on my daughter, and you need some time away from my sister." Not giving Lawrence an opportunity to reply, Grayson took him by the arm and hurried him out of the room.It was lovely to have a big brother again."
Author: Jen Turano
21. "Countries are forged by war; perhaps girls are, too. New England and I will be reborn together in this war between the witches and the Brothers. Between Maura and me. I am newly wrought -- a girl of steel and snow and heartrending good-byes. My magic is renewed by my heartbreak. It spills out my fingertips, swirling around me. The wind picks up, bitter cold now. The rain turns abruptly to snow, haloing the gas streetlamps like iron angels. Enormous snowflakes begin to fall -- fast, faster -- obscuring my sister, hiding her and Brenna and the carriage and the gray stone building that has become my home. I am all alone in a sea of whirling white. It feels right that it should be so."
Author: Jessica Spotswood
22. "My parents were kind of over protective people. Me and my sister had to play in the backyard all the time. They bought us bikes for Christmas but wouldn't let us ride in the street, we had to ride in the backyard. Another Christmas, my dad got me a basketball hoop and put it in the middle of the lawn! You can't dribble on grass."
Author: Jimmy Fallon
23. "You must all swear to me that you will protect my sister and her child. If Helen and her line of daughters die, there will be nothing on Earth for me to love," she said, her eyes falling apologetically on her son, Aeneas, for a moment before they hardened against him. He dropped his head with a wounded look, and Aphrodite turned to Hector."As long as my sister and her line of daughters lasts, there will be love in the world. I swear it on the River Styx. But if you let my sister die, Hector of Troy, son of Apollo, I will leave this world and take love itself away with me."
Author: Josephine Angelini
24. "He's five hundred for two hours!" Swinging her hand Ashton's way, she adds, "Seven-fifty for him because he's young. You should hear how he makes my sister scream!"
Author: K.A. Tucker
25. "My sister said, You're making it hard for all us housewives in Nebraska."
Author: Kate Millett
26. "I keep warning and warning, and nobody seems willing to listen. One of these days someone is going to wake up to the fact that I'm serious when I say never to attack my sister without looking over your shoulder for me. (Rhoan)"
Author: Keri Arthur
27. "I love your hair!" Marlee gushed. "I wish I'd been born with red hair. It makes you look so alive. I hear that people with red hair have bed tempers. Is that true?Despite my rotten day, Marlee's manner was so vivacious that my smile grew wider. "I don't think so. I mean, I can have a bad temper at times, but my sister is a redhead, and she's as sweet as can be."
Author: Kiera Cass
28. "My sisters were in that van."
Author: Lauren DeStefano
29. "If you married me,it would be scandalous and innapropriate, and doors would be closed to you.""Good God, woman, I let two of my sisters marry Gypsies. Those doors have already been closed, bolted, and nailed shut."
Author: Lisa Kleypas
30. "Milo refreshed Rae's drink and said, Talk to her. You need to get it off your chest." Then Milo turned to me and said, "Why don't you try a more subtle approach.""I demand you tell me your troubles," I said to my sister."You're not as funny as you think you are," Rae replied."
Author: Lisa Lutz
31. "My sister once warned me that a man who blushed so easily was probably a Man With Appetites."
Author: Meljean Brook
32. "I held out my sisters' letters for him to read. Tears appeared in his eyes, and he kissed the letters and declared, "I love your sisters! It shall be the object of my life to justify the trust shown in these letters. May God bless them."
Author: Nancy Moser
33. "Elisa, tell me truly. Have you attained that kind of power? The kind that would frighten an animagus?""I have."Her eyes widen and her lips part. She says to Storm, "You always speak truly, yes?""Yes, Your Highness.""You are also an animagus, are you not?""I am.""And you believe my sister has the kind of power she claims?""No," he says. "She is being modest."
Author: Rae Carson
34. "I don't have a crush on her! Yet!""Say no more, Dylan-whatever your middle name is-Blair!""David.""Whatever. By the power and duty of big brother, I command you to not have a crush on my sister, until I know you better enough!""That's actually quite fair." "But I don't have a crush on her!"
Author: Rea Lidde
35. "My sister is there with, probably, the most dangerous people on this city! You have a little sister?""No.""Then you don't have any right to tell me what I suposse to sacrifice if it's for my sister's sake!""Owen...""She's the only younger sibling I have. If something happens to her, I don't see any reason why should I keep alive on this freaking Earth!"
Author: Rea Lidde
36. "My sister Jennifer is an Emmy winning journalist and mother of three amazing girls. She brings an exceptional dedication to her job, her family, and her community, and has been a role model of mine for many, many years. I'm extremely proud of her."
Author: Ron Livingston
37. "I am what I am thanks to my mother, my father, my brother, my sister... because they have given me everything. The education I have is thanks to them."
38. "My sister started acting professionally when she was twelve, but I wanted to go to college first."
Author: Rooney Mara
39. "Emery cut in impatiantly, "For crying out loud. Who do you think you are, Nancy Drew?"Hey," I snapped, because no one sniped at my sister but me, and Mark echoed with a stern "Chill, dude."Phin was unperturbed. "Those books were highly unrealistic. Do you have any idea how much brain damage a person would have if she were hit on the head and drugged with chloroform that often?"
Author: Rosemary Clement Moore
40. "Fuck, man," Nate breathed, his attention suddenly on the shoes and my legs. "Don't let her sell those." His heated eyes devoured me. "Those are shit hot.""I will seriously hit you," Cam warned him darkly.Nate shrugged, threw me a cheeky grin, and turned back to the television screen."Not my fault your girlfriend is so bloody fuckable."Cole slammed his shoulder into Nate before Cam could retaliate. "Dude, that's my sister."
Author: Samantha Young
41. "None of my sisters are in the movies, nor are my nieces going to be. That's how Dutt 'sahab,' my dad, brought up the girls in the family, and I am just carrying his thought forward."
Author: Sanjay Dutt
42. "And I am always flattered," Rusty continued, "but I love my sister. Not in an 'I love my sister and I want to make out with her' way, that would be terrible and disturbing, but in an 'I love my sister, and I'm not going anywhere near the girl she likes' way. Be a big mess. Life is hard for me, with all my irresistible sexual magnetism. It's a real problem, almost as bad as the fact that my steps are now the number one crying spot in Sorry-in-the-Vale. I have to maintain control of the situation at all times or my life would devolve into a nonstop romantical frenzy"."
Author: Sarah Rees Brennan
43. "Drake was going to scream. "That's my sister," he growled. He did not need to hear about her getting it on with anyone."Uh-huh. I was in the delivery room for the last baby. I've seen her hoo-ha. Protection."
Author: Sean Michael
44. "My sister and I were the ones in the family who had seen this as necessary; neither of my brothers felt there was a problem with Dad. And in general when I'd expressed my concern for him, she was the one of my siblings who responded. She and I had also been the ones who sorted through and distributed mother's possessions after she had died."
Author: Sue Miller
45. "Why ruin my sister's birthday simply because the entire planet was going to hell in a hand basket?"
Author: T.C. Boyle
46. "A ministering angel shall my sister be."
Author: William Shakespeare
47. "Oh, ants, my sisters, good old honeydew-seekers! From close up you are sticky and shiny and gristly; and your nymphs have parasitic red mites stuck to them. You are too intent upon your chewing and gathering to listen to me, but I tell you that despite my warm feelings I really do not like you, and I cannot feel sorry for you in any way because there are too many of you and you are not cute at all. You eat too much of my forests; you are a rebellious tribe, and I will destroy you; I will poison your nests with sweet-smelling traps."
Author: William T. Vollmann
Quotes About My Sister Pictures