Famous Quotes About Naivety
Browse 14 famous quotes and sayings about Naivety.
Top Quotes About Naivety
1. "I know a lot about writing, but I don't know much about how other industries work. I've tried to use my naivety to my advantage."
Author: Alain De Botton
2. "I could spend my whole life prying loose the secrets of the insane. These people are honest to a fault, and their naivety has no peer but my own."
Author: André Breton
3. "I'll be happy when I get married." The faith, the hope, the conviction that marriage is a happy institution, the sincere tone, the lack of any shred of doubt, made the world a better place that moment. I even probed, 'What makes you happy now?' He stuck to his guns," I'll be happy when I get married." Was it naivety or what is hope? Who was I to judge!"
Author: Andy Paula
4. "I was cocky and arrogant when I was younger. I thought that if I delivered a good performance, and put my best foot forward, that would be enough to get people's attention. So in my naivety, I cut my legs off at the knees, because I didn't realize that oftentimes it doesn't matter about the performance... it's the media that creates stars."
Author: Bokeem Woodbine
5. "He destroyed in her the knowing, doubting, sophisticated Ella, and again and again he put her intelligence to sleep, and with her willing connivance, so that she floated darkly on her love for him, on her naivety, which is another word for a spontaneous creative faith. And when his own distrust of himself destroyed this woman-in-love, so that she began thinking, she would fight to return to naivety."
Author: Doris Lessing
6. "There's a crazy amount of goodwill, and I don't know where it came from, and I don't understand, but the more I pay attention to it, the more it's going to sting when it flips, so I think I'm almost subconsciously cultivating this naivety to it all."
7. "Oh, the naivety of humanity, and insanity of the understanding.But if the world understood, would the stupid be considered sane?"
Author: Larul Andrews
8. "People expect me to be dark and gloomy, then write that I'm a jolly chap, and after all, that is what I am. I think it's a case of an absolute romantic naivety that there should be a parallel between the work and the artist."
Author: Michael Haneke
9. "It was total naivety that got me to Hollywood. I thought it was going to happen straight away. I told myself 'give it 5 years, there's no way I'll be here after that if it doesn't happen'. Cut to ten years later!"
Author: Naomi Watts
10. "I woke early like a condemned man to the naivety of birdsong."
Author: Nick Drake
11. "I think that good parenting should allow children to be children. That naivety and slightly open way of looking at the world is very valuable."
Author: Robert Winston
12. "Might there come a timeWhen we stand over a graveAnd mourn ourselves?Mourn the past, a previous life?Shall we weep for the passing of time?Shall we grieve for unfulfilled dreams?In my naivety; in my beliefIn immortal youth, I sleep walk through life.Someone... wake me up.Please.Wake me up."
Author: Samantha Young
13. "For Hood's sake,' the foreigner muttered. 'What's wrong with words?' 'With words,' said Redmask, turning away, 'meanings change.' 'Well,' Anaster Toc said, following as Redmask made his way back to his army's camp,.. 'that is precisely the point. That's their value - their ability to adapt -' 'Grow corrupt, you mean. The Letheri are masters at corrupting words, their meanings. They call war peace, they call tyranny liberty. On which side of the shadow you stand decides a word's meaning. Words are the weapons used by those who see others with contempt. A contempt which only deepens when they how those others are deceived and made into fools because they choose to believe. Because in their naivety they thought the meaning of a word was fixed, immune to abuse."
Author: Steven Erikson
14. "In my view, it's irreverence, foolish confidence and naivety combined with persistence, open mindedness and a continual ability to learn that created Facebook, Google, Yahoo, eBay, Microsoft, Apple, Juniper, AOL, Sun Microsystems and others."
Author: Vinod Khosla
Quotes About Naivety Pictures