Famous Quotes About Naked
Browse 1317 famous quotes and sayings about Naked.
Top Quotes About Naked
1. "2 am and I'm still awake writing a song if I get it all down I'll be where it's no longer inside of me threatening the life it belongs to. And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd cause these words are my diary screaming out loud and I know you will use them however you want to."
Author: Anna Nalick
2. "His whole life had become those naked hours, her warm, soft body beneath him and beside him. Her kisses, her touches.Her sighs."
Author: Annabel Joseph
3. "She thought, watching him, 'I am in a bath, naked in a bath with no bubbles, and a man is washing me; my reputation is doomed and to hell with it. I've been to hell and all I wanted in it was to be alive for this man. Who carried me out of it."
Author: Ariana Franklin
4. "Julio was willing to bet that Officer "I've Seen It All" Mac had never seen a horde of black-skinned demons wearing rags and armor and carrying swords and spears, dragging a naked woman and a chubby boy by a rope. No, he was willing to bet his left nut that even officer Mac had never seen such a thing."
5. "Naked I felt as if my soul was exposed, my thoughts could be read. In the mask I felt protected. I eased the elastic strap over my head, adjusted the fascia to my cheekbones and glanced again at the mirror. The acid in my tummy had gone. Masked I am me. Masked I can do anything."
Author: Chloe Thurlow
6. "In the top drawer of my bedside table, there's a small box. It contains everything we need to make our night pleasurable. If you have to, leave everything else behind but bring that box."She snorted as if in derision—but it was a weak snort. She walked toward the steps again."Amy."She turned back to him. "What?""Did you notice I didn't ask for a nightshirt?"She glanced at his lit in her hand and wondered why he told her that.Then she knew why.He had just told her he slept nude.Every night in the cellar right beneath her bedchamber, his naked body remained at the ready to welcome her. Now that she knew it, she could never escape the image . . . or the temptation."
Author: Christina Dodd
7. "You meet a wizard in downtown Chicago. The wizard tells you he can make you more attractive if you pay him money. When you ask how this process works, the wizard points to a random person on the street. You look at this random stranger. The wizard says, "I will now make them a dollar more attractive." He waves his magic wand. Ostensibly, this person does not change at all; as far you can tell, nothing is different. But - somehow - this person is suddenly more appealing. The tangible difference is invisible to the naked eye, but you can't deny that this person is vaguely sexier. This wizard has a weird rule, though - you can only pay him once. You can't keep giving him money until you're satisfied. You can only pay him one lump sum up front. How much cash do you give the wizard?"
Author: Chuck Klosterman
8. "You've never seen a crucifix with a Jesus who wasn't almost naked. You've never seen a fat Jesus. Or a Jesus with body hair. Every crucifix you've ever seen, the Jesus could be shirtless and modeling designer jeans or men's cologne."
Author: Chuck Palahniuk
9. "Whatever exists, he said. Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent.He looked about at the dark forest in which they were bivouacked. He nodded toward the specimens he'd collected. These anonymous creatures, he said, may seem little or nothing in the world. Yet the smallest crumb can devour us. Any smallest thing beneath yon rock out of men's knowing. Only nature can enslave man and only when the existence of each last entity is routed out and made to stand naked before him will he be properly suzerain of the earth."
Author: Cormac McCarthy
10. "So that's how it is. Today's the big day." Beckett nodded with a wry smile.He knows.He was naked now. "How you want me, baby? Execution style? Or you want to look me in the eyes?"
Author: Debra Anastasia
11. "Half naked, he drank her in with his eyes, imprinting this moment into his mind. This, he would take to his death – the woman that stirred him to life."
Author: Dianna Hardy
12. "The man who is an initiate of one of the great Mystery Schools never fears to let his pupils outdistance him, because he knows that it stands him in good stead with his superiors if he is constantly sending up to them aspirants who 'make good.' He therefore never tries to hold back a promising pupil, because he has no need to fear that pupil, if allowed to penetrate into the Mysteries, would spy out the nakedness of the land; he will rather bring back a report of its exceeding richness, and thereby confirm the statements of his teacher and spur his fellow pupils to yet greater eagerness."
Author: Dion Fortune
13. "She gets naked for attention and gets dressed for respect"
Author: Dorynda Jeanty
14. "As suburban children we floated at night in swimming pools the temperature of blood; pools the color of Earth as seen from outer space. We would float and be naked—pretending to be embryos, pretending to be fetuses—all of us silent save for the hum of the pool filter. Our minds would be blank and our eyes closed as we floated in warm waters, the distinction between our bodies and our brains reduced to nothing—bathed in chlorine and lit by pure blue lights installed underneath diving boards. Sometimes we would join hands and form a ring like astronauts in space; sometimes when we felt more isolated in our fetal stupor we would bump into each other in the deep end, like twins with whom we didn't even know we shared a womb."
Author: Douglas Coupland
15. "Let me ask you something, in all the years that you have...undressed in front of a gentleman has he ever asked you to leave? Has he ever walked out and left? No? It's because he doesn't care! He's in a room with a naked girl, he just won the lottery. I am so tired of saying no, waking up in the morning and recalling every single thing I ate the day before, counting every calorie I consumed so I know just how much self loathing to take into the shower. I'm going for it. I have no interest in being obese, I'm just through with the guilt. So this is what I'm going to do, I'm going to finish this pizza, and then we are going to go watch the soccer game, and tomorrow we are going to go on a little date and buy ourselves some bigger jeans."
Author: Elizabeth Gilbert
16. "We had seen God in His splendors, heard the text that Nature renders. We had reached the naked soul of man."
Author: Ernest Shackleton
17. "Is there no peace for the naked?" Sister Mattie wore a bed cap of sensible white lace."I think you mean peace for the wicked," corrected Lady Linette..."Why would that apply?" asked Sister Mattie, before closing her door on both the problem and the noise."
Author: Gail Carriger
18. "A nose is ordinarily naked. A nose isn't nipple, although there are similarities."
Author: Graham Spaid
19. "Life, thought the naked man, was a hell, with rare moments recalling some ancient paradise."
Author: Italo Calvino
20. "The emperor is naked!"The parade stopped. The emperor paused. A hush fell over the crowd, until one quick-thinking peasant shouted:"No, he isn't. The emperor is merely endorsing a clothing-optional lifestyle!"
Author: James Finn Garner
21. "He followed her into the bathroom and sat on the shut toilet seat while she washed her back with a brush. "I forgot to tell you," he said. "Liza sent us a wheel of Brie." "That's nice," she said, "but you know what? Brie gives me terribly loose bowels." He hitched up his genitals and crossed his legs. "That's funny," he said. "It constipates me." That was their marriage then--not the highest paving of the stair, the clatter of Italian fountains, the wind in the alien olive trees, but this: a jay-naked male and female discussing their bowels."
Author: John Cheever
22. "Oh, what can you do with a man like that? What can you do? How can you dissuade his eye in a crowd from seeking out the cheek with acne, the infirm hand; how can you teach him to respond to the inestimable greatness of the race, the harsh surface beauty of life; how can you put his finger for him on the obdurate truths before which fear and horror are powerless? The sea that morning was iridescent and dark. My wife and my sister were swimming--Diana and Helen--and I saw their uncovered heads, black and gold in the dark water. I saw them come out and I saw that they were naked, unshy, beautiful, and full of grace, and I watched the naked women walk out of the sea."
Author: John Cheever
23. "O that we would so love the gospel and have so much compassion for lost people that tribulation and distress and persecution and famine and nakedness and danger and sword and gun and terrorist would turn us not into fearful complainers, but bold heralds of good news."
Author: John Piper
24. "Her mouth was trained to a line that concealed nothing and offered nothing too. But once when Adam was quite small he wandered silently into the kitchen. Alice did not see him. She was darning socks and she was smiling. Adam retired secretly and walked out of the house and into the woodlot to a sheltered place behind a stump that he knew well. He settled deep between the protecting roots. Adam was as shocked as though he had come upon her naked. He breathed excitedly, high against his throat. For Alice had been naked--she had been smiling."
Author: John Steinbeck
25. "A half-naked, betel-chewing pessimist stood upon the bank of the tropical river, on the edge of the still and immense forests; a man angry, powerless, empty-handed, with a cry of bitter discontent ready on his lips; a cry that, had it come out, would have rung through the virgin solitudes of the woods as true, as great, as profound, as any philosophical shriek that ever came from the depths of an easy chair to disturb the impure wilderness of chimneys and roofs."
Author: Joseph Conrad
26. "There are those among you who seek the talkative through fear of being alone.The silence of aloneness reveals to their eyes their naked selves and they would escape.And there are those who talk, and without knowledge or forethought reveal a truth which they themselves do not understand.And there are those who have the truth within them, but they tell it not in words.In the bosom of such as these the spirit dwells in rhythmic silence."
Author: Kahlil Gibran
27. "She liked his unique smell, and it turned on all five of her senses, wanting to see him naked, touch him while naked, hear him as he moaned while he made love, taste his skin, and feel his naked body as she seduced him with the trailing of hungry fingers."
Author: Keira D. Skye
28. "Yeah yeah," h said. "I waited. She was decent. Although technically, she's still naked.""You're sch a perv," she turned on to me. "Okay, kitty. Lead on. We'll try to keep up.""Yeah,good luck with that," Rafe said. "If she runs, we're history."
Author: Kelley Armstrong
29. "A loud, purposeful knock on the front door froze him in place with his fist over the fabric. "Hey, dude, it's me. I brought you all four Bloodsport movies. Open up!" Jason's voice filtered past the front door, and he and Violet flew apart like teenagers at a party raid. No way. This wasn't happening. He had not just gotten cock-blocked by his best friend and partner, AKA the only living relative of the woman he'd very nearly stripped naked in his front hallway."
Author: Kimberly Kincaid
30. "I am a seeker for the naked truth."
Author: Kristian Goldmund Aumann
31. "I asked him, "Do you know the difference between nude and naked?"He shook his head. "Nude is artistic. Naked is defenseless."
Author: Larry Niven
32. "You saw me."Sara gasped and whirled around.Naked and aroused,nostrils flaring and fangs bared,Alexander towered over her,his mere presence forcing her back against the stone wall of the frigid tunnel."
Author: Laura Wright
33. "A Rule: Life without Islam is a naked tree,Birds without trees can never feel free."
Author: Leena Ahmad Almashat
34. "Nabokov's adventures in language and style and naked braininess are really unparalleled."
Author: Lorrie Moore
35. "Wilt thou, then, my soul, never be good and simple and one and naked, more manifest than the body which surrounds thee?"
Author: Marcus Aurelius
36. "Cameron's fingers curled around the arms of the chair, although the urge to throttle was slowly and unexpectedly giving way to the urge to smile. He had called her bold and brazen, but he was thinking now that the characterization was too mild. She was sitting naked, with only a blanket between her and ruin, yet she dared to defy him with those huge violet eyes and that soft pout mouth--both of which were sorely undermining his efforts to ignore the fact that she was sitting there naked in front of him with only a thin layer blanker protecting him from ruin."
Author: Marsha Canham
37. "Take a look at the scaly witches round your local shopping center, many of them with children. Grim enough with their clothes on. Imagine them naked! Snatches that yo-yo between their knees, breasts so flaccid you could tie them in a knot. One would have to be literally galvanized on Spanish Fly even to consider it. Yet it gets done somehow. Look at the kids. — The teenager may be more spontaneous, doglike, etc., but it's generally only another name on the list, only another notch on the cock."
Author: Martin Amis
38. "The poor are always rich in children, and in the dirt and ditches of this street there are groups of them from morning to night, hungry, naked and dirty. Children are the living flowers of the earth, but these had the appearance of flowers that have faded prematurely, because they grew in ground where there was no healthy nourishment."
Author: Maxim Gorky
39. "Countless candles dribbled with hot wax, and their flames, like little flags, fluttered in the unchartered currents of air. Thousands of lamps, naked, or shuttered behind coloured glass, burned with their glows of purple, amber, grass-green, blue, blood red and even grey. The walls of Gormenghast were like the walls of paradise or like the walls of an inferno. The colours were devilish or angelical according to the colour of the mind that watched them. They swam, those walls, with the hues of hell, with the tints of Zion. The breasts of the plumaged seraphim; the scales of Satan."
Author: Mervyn Peake
40. "She sings on and on, while the house is discreetly dusted all around her and, in the concealed and subterranean kitchen, a naked duck, limp and faintly steaming, spreads its pimpled legs on a draining board."
Author: Michel Faber
41. "I recognized him instantly even though the last time I saw him in person he was seventeen, naked, and asleep. I was sixteen, haphazardly dressed, and sneaking out his window."
Author: Penny Reid
42. "Gods cracked, Freyrík, they would have raped me!" He surged forward so suddenly Freyrík flinched and tripped away. "And no, I did not incite or invite their attentions. It is your people who paint me like a harlot and parade me round half-naked, your people who find it amusing to use my brethren like toys, your people who teach their children such high art of disrespect that boys think rape a pleasant way to pass an afternoon!"
Author: Rachel Haimowitz
43. "Hey Mason, wipe that drool off you face. If you're going to think about me naked, do it on your own time. -Rose to Mason"
Author: Richelle Mead
44. "What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie?I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky.The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing;Rush in and die, dogs—I was a man before I was a king."
Author: Robert E. Howard
45. "Acting is standing up naked and turning around very slowly."
Author: Rosalind Russell
46. "Who said anything about shame?" She gestured down to her naked body, even though it was covered by the blanket. "Honestly, I'm surprised you're not strutting about, boasting to everyone. I certainly would be if I'd tumbled me. "Does your love for yourself know no bounds?""Absolutely none."
Author: Sarah J. Maas
47. "I love you, baby. And I want you to stay with me. Always. (Devyn)Believe me, there's no place else I'd rather be. (Alix)Me, either, but I would rather we be naked. (Devyn)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
48. "My Dream Date. Putting Pink Floyd on loop in at least a 5-CD rotation or on spotify or something, getting real high on hash while naked, making love on and off for hours, lying on the bed eating cheesy crackers and sipping a quality beer like Tetley's, Guinness or Pilsner Urquell. Repeat as needed."
Author: Sienna McQuillen
49. "Want to see the rock? Want to lay on it naked, and feel me in you, beneath the pinwheel stars, while the grass sings our names?"
Author: Stephen King
50. "This Midwestern sky is the nakedest loneliest sky in America. To escape it, people live inside and underground."
Author: Walker Percy
Quotes About Naked Pictures