Famous Quotes About Needing Space And Time
Browse 13 famous quotes and sayings about Needing Space And Time.
Top Quotes About Needing Space And Time
1. "Storytelling, you know, has a real function. The process of the storytelling is itself a healing process, partly because you have someone there who is taking the time to tell you a story that has great meaning to them. They're taking the time to do this because your life could use some help, but they don't want to come over and just give advice. They want to give it to you in a form that becomes inseparable from your whole self. That's what stories do. Stories differ from advice in that, once you get them, they become a fabric of your whole soul. That is why they heal you."~Alice Walker, in an interview about her work in Common Boundary, 1990"
Author: Alice Walker
2. "I came to Venice for the first time in 1968 and was lucky enough to make the acquaintanceship, and then the friendship, of two Venetians, Roberta and Franco, who remain my best friends here after almost 50 years."
Author: Donna Leon
3. "We have a very hard time "seeing" our cognitive activity because it is the medium in which we swim. The attempt to put our finger on what counts in any given situation leads us at times to making connections between situations that are enormously different on their surface and at other times to distinguishing between situations that on first glance seem nearly identical. Our constant jockeying back and forth among our categories runs the gamut from the most routine behaviors to the most creative ones."
Author: Douglas R. Hofstadter
4. "It would be well to realize that the talk of ‘humane methods of warfare', of the ‘rules of civilized warfare', and all such homage to the finer sentiments of the race are hypocritical and unreal, and only intended for the consumption of stay-at-homes. There are no humane methods of warfare, there is no such thing as civilized warfare; all warfare is inhuman, all warfare is barbaric; the first blast of the bugles of war ever sounds for the time being the funeral knell of human progress… What lover of humanity can view with anything but horror the prospect of this ruthless destruction of human life. Yet this is war: war for which all the jingoes are howling, war to which all the hopes of the world are being sacrificed, war to which a mad ruling class would plunge a mad world."
Author: James Connolly
5. "My blood pressure surges. Folks, unless you've walked the walk, never tell a widow it's time she moved on."
Author: Kristan Higgins
6. "I just think with acting, there's not a time limit on it."
Author: Lance Bass
7. "I know I hated magic for a reason," Janco said. "Congratulations. This is the first time you've had a VALID reason to hate something," Ari countered. "Remember your campaign against sand?""Sand! Horrid little stuff. Gets everywhere. I had a perfectly good argue--""Janco." Ari's voice rumbled deep in his throat.In a heartbeat, Janco switched gears. "Well, this blood magic sounds worse than sand."
Author: Maria V. Snyder
8. "I'm just not having a very good time and I don't have any reason to think it'll get anything but worse. I'm tired. I'm hurt. I'm sad. I feel used."
Author: Marsha Norman
9. "I love you, more, I think, than I know, but our kind of love isn't a sword. It's a light. Not a fire. A small light, just bright enough to read love letters by and keep the animals at a growling distance. In time it will go out. All lights go out. So do all fires, if it's any comfort. Love me, and look at me, and remember me, as I'll remember you."
Author: Peter S. Beagle
10. "When a woman says she will obey you, of her own will, it is time to sleep lightly and watch your back. - Asmodean to Rand, about Moirane"
Author: Robert Jordan
11. "Kindness was too painful. It had been a long time since he had had to endure it."
Author: Sara Sheridan
12. "Baby, I don't feel pain. Ever. (Talon)Really? Not even a little? (Sunshine)It's a waste of time and energy. It also drains the mind and makes it weary. (Talon)But without pain, you can't have joy. It's the balance that makes us appreciate the extreme. (Sunshine)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
13. "It's time to discuss what it's going to take to get you beneath me"-GC"
Author: Sylvia Day
Quotes About Needing Space And Time Pictures