Famous Quotes About Nerves In Sports
Browse 15 famous quotes and sayings about Nerves In Sports.
Top Quotes About Nerves In Sports
1. "Monday Night Football started in 1970, and when it started, it was something extremely special because sports had not been aired in prime time. So, it was a novelty, and a lot of people thought it wouldn't work, and, of course, it worked spectacularly well."
Author: Al Michaels
2. "My priority is to turn people - especially kids - on to sports and being active so they don't even have to think about it being good for their health. If people participate for the fun of it, and believe me - it is fun, then fitness programs will be much more successful."
Author: Alan Thicke
3. "Did children want sports cars for parents? No. They wanted Hondas. They wanted to know that the car would start in all seasons."
Author: Dave Eggers
4. "Politicians and sports coaches both need to be smart enough to master the game, but dumb enough to think it matters."
Author: David Mitchell
5. "Butch rustled the sports section around, leaned over to kiss Marissa on the shoulder, then went back to the CCJ. In response she glanced up from her paperwork for Safe Place, rubbed his arm, and went back to what she was doing. She had a fresh bite mark on her neck and the glow of a very satisfiedfemale in her face."
Author: J.R. Ward
6. "I do appreciate a woman who has a passion for sports and knows their stuff."
Author: Jerry Ferrara
7. "Sensation is not the conduction of a quality or state of external bodies to consciousness, but the conduction of a quality or state of our nerves to consciousness, excited by an external cause."
Author: Johannes P. Muller
8. "On TV, talking heads wrung their hands over a lack of traditional feminine values and wondered if girls' sports were to blame. Then they cut to a commercial featuring a sexy college coed vacuuming her dorm room in her underwear."
Author: Libba Bray
9. "San: You all right?Virt: I think i crapped myself a littleSam: Just a little? you've got nerves of steel."
Author: Michael Grant
10. "Great web design without functionality is like a sports car with no engine."
Author: Paul Cookson
11. "Robert rode beneath the banner of Carrick, the dragon shield on his left arm. He wore it proudly now in common cause; this symbol of Arthur, the warrior king. As he caught sight of Humphrey, the knight raised his fist in a defiant gesture that Robert returned. Today, God willing, they would finish this campaign. He wanted to return home blooded, to be able to tell his grandfather that he too had won his spurs in the king's war. Nerves and anticipation battled within him, his breaths coming hard and fast in the tight encasement of his helm."
Author: Robyn Young
12. "What matters in the end in literature, what is always there, is the truly good. And -- though played out forms can throw up miraculous sports like The Importance of Being Earnest or Decline and Fall-- what is good is always what is new, in both form and content. What is good forgets whatever models it might have had, and is unexpected; we have to catch it on the wing. ((p. 62, Reading & Writing)"
Author: V.S. Naipaul
13. "Men's competitive team sports focus on the balance between individual achievement and team achievement with the emphasis on team achievement."
Author: Warren Farrell
14. "The NFL is such a large, multibillion dollar enterprise with fan loyalty because they have provided not only entertainment for sports fans, but memories, good memories, family memories to these fans, that can only bring about good will."
Author: Wendell Pierce
15. "I have a Ph.D. in philosophy and sports science. At 14, I went through this really tough Soviet training system. A lot of my roommates got psychologically broken or physically injured. Either you came through, or you were out. I made my Ph.D. work in the field of young athletes aged 14-19 because at this age any human is changing."
Author: Wladimir Klitschko
Quotes About Nerves In Sports Pictures