Famous Quotes About New Starts
Browse 29 famous quotes and sayings about New Starts.
Top Quotes About New Starts
1. "The past you lost is just like a dream. As you woke up new lifestarts. So, your actual birthday will be your death day."
Author: A.G Sorachi
2. "I love new cities, and if I haven't travelled for a month, the need to go somewhere starts to gets under my skin."
Author: Adelaide Clemens
3. "Tomorrow a new era starts for Greece."
Author: Antonis Samaras
4. "I have it in my head that when we're born, God writes things down on our hearts. See, on some people's hearts he writes "happy" and on some people's hearts he writes "sad" and on some people's hearts he writes "crazy" and on some people's hearts he writes "genius" and on some people's hearts he writes "angry" and on some people's hearts he writes "winner" and on some people's hearts he writes "loser."I keep seeing a newspaper being tossed around in the wind. And then a strong gust comes along and the newspaper is thrown against a barbed wire fence and it gets ripped to shreds in an instant. That's how I feel. I think God is the wind. It's all like a game to him. Him. God. And it's all pretty much random. He takes out his pen and starts writing on our blank hearts. When it came to my turn, he wrote "sad." I don't like God very much. Apparently, he doesn't like me very much either."
Author: Benjamin Alire Sáenz
5. "As I lie in my bed,Your name running through my head.All I can think of is youAnd all that you do.The way you look at me.I feel as if I'm in a dream.The blue skyReminds me of your eyesWhich gives me butterflies.You have brightened my lifeWith that beautiful smile.No longer are my days a trial.Your touch is like heaven,Upon my young skin.If only you knewThat what I say is trueI would do anything just to be with you.Hand to hand, palm to palmJust hold me in your arms,I love you with all my heart'Till the very day it falls apart.I may be youngBut my heart is strong.I know what love isIt's my name and his.You make all the problems float awayNo matter how was my day.I love our heart to heart chatsWhen our beats connect,And when my head starts to fade backFrom when the blue skyTurns sacred black."
Author: Bethany Walkers
6. "I wake up most days with a vague feeling of doom - 'Dear God. Here I am again.' Then, when I read about politicians in the newspaper, the vengefulness starts. By mid-morning, the anxiety is kicking in."
Author: Bruce Robinson
7. "We try, when we wake, to lay the new day at God's feet; before we have finished shaving, it becomes our day and God's share in it is felt as a tribute which we must pay out of ‘our own' pocket, a deduction from the time which ought, we feel, to be ‘our own'. A man starts a new job with a sense of vocation and, perhaps, for the first week still keeps the discharge of the vocation as his end, taking the pleasures and pains from God's hand, as they came, as ‘accidents'. But in the second week he is beginning to ‘know the ropes': by the third, he has quarried out of the total job his own plan for himself within that job, and when he can pursue this he feels that he is getting no more than his rights, and when he cannot, that he is being interfered."
Author: C.S. Lewis
8. "Hunger Games and A New Hope: Hero rises up from the poorest place in the galaxy. Put through some challenges. Finds romance and a side-kick. Somebody dies. CheckCatching Fire and Empire Strikes Back: Totalitarian government strikes back, some other people die, and the rebellion starts gaining momentun.Mockingjay/Return of the Jedi: Bunch of minor characters die, and then one major one. Rebellion wins, if in an unexpected way. Characters all get married.I think Suzanne Collins has some explaining to do."
Author: Caleb Eversole
9. "On the film sets of 'New Moon' and 'Eclipse,' I feel safe. It's like you're in the center of the hurricane, but outside is where it starts to get chaotic."
Author: Chaske Spencer
10. "Kaitlin said, "I'm so sick of that 'Greatest Generation' crap. We finally drove a silver nail through the heart of Generation X, only to have this new monster rear its head. And I'm soooooo sick of Tom Hanks looking earnest all the time. They should make a Tom Hanks movie where Tom kills off Greatest Generation figureheads one by one."Bree arrived on cue: "And then he starts killing other generations. He becomes this supernova of hate--all he wants to do is destroy.""Hate clings to him like a rich, lathery shampoo. His lungs secrete it like anthrax foam."Mom lost it. "Stop it! All of you! Tom Hanks is a fine actor who would never hurt anybody. At least not onscreen."I thought, 'Hey, didn't Tom Hanks mow down half of Chicago in "Road to Perdition?"' Well, whatever."
Author: Douglas Coupland
11. "For the anarch, little has changed; flags have meaning for him, but not sense. I have seen them in the air and on the ground like leaves in May and November; and I have done so as a contemporary and not just as a historian. The May Day celebration will survive, but with a different meaning. New portraits will head up the processions. A date devoted to the Great Mother is re-profaned. A pair of lovers in the wood pays more homage to it. I mean the forest as something undivided, where every tree is still a liberty tree.For the anarch, little is changed when he strips off a uniform that he wore partly as fool's motley, partly as camouflage. It covers his spiritual freedom, which he will objectivate during such transitions. This distinguishes him from the anarchist, who, objectively unfree, starts raging until he is thrust into a more rigorous straitjacket."
Author: Ernst Jünger
12. "I read a page of Plato's great work. I can no longer understand anything, because behind the words on the page, which have their own heavenly brightness, to be sure, there shines an even brighter, an enormous, dazzling -why- that blots out everything, cancels out, destroys all meaning. All individual intelligence. When one has understood, one stops, satisfied with what one has understood. I do not understand. Understanding is far too little. To have understood is to be fixed, immobilized. It is as though one wanted to stop on one step in the middle of a staircase, or with one foot in the void and the other on the endless stair. But a mere why, a new why can set one off again, can unpetrify what was petrified and everything starts flowing afresh. How can one understand? One cannot."
Author: Eugène Ionesco
13. "The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose; new feet, a new backbone, new ears, and new eyes. Unless a particular man made New Year resolutions, he would make no resolutions. Unless a man starts afresh about things, he will certainly do nothing effective."
Author: G.K. Chesterton
14. "Newspapers are so boring. How can you read a newspaper that starts with a 51-word lead sentence?"
Author: Jimmy Breslin
15. "What I love best in life is new starts."
Author: Karl Lagerfeld
16. "Oh, the meadows were gold and the sky so blue,I traveled down that pebble path I so well knew.The sun shined on down through trees so greenAnd I picked white flowers for which I was so keen.Oh sweet lilies of mine, the beauty you shine,Over hilltops and streams below,You bend in the breeze and bloom with ease,In the morning as the dew starts to glow…"
Author: Katlyn Charlesworth
17. "All right, Miss Cryptic. What's the new plan, then?"Glancing around the room, Cinder tipped up her chin. "It starts with kidnapping the groom."Iko's hand shot into the air. "Yes, Iko?""That is the best idea ever. Count me in."
Author: Marissa Meyer
18. "Yeah," Nicole said, her straw noisily hitting thebottom of her Gut Buster. "Well, I would haveappreciated it if you guys had wrecked a little lessstuff. Because my house smelled like smoke formonths. And construction on the Tarantinos' newgarage starts at eight on the dot every morning, andit's still going on, and you know how I get if I don'thave my full ten hours of beauty sleep.""So that's what happened to your face," Cody said."I was wondering."
Author: Meg Cabot
19. "I then completely gave up reading newspapers and watching television, which freed up a considerable amount of time (say one hour or more a day, enough time to read more than a hundred additional books per year, which, after a couple of decades, starts mounting)."
Author: Nassim Nicholas Taleb
20. "My New Year's Resolution List usually starts with the desire to lose between ten and three thousand pounds."
Author: Nia Vardalos
21. "You know, it's pretty easy reading this book to see why I was angry and confused for all those years. I lived my life being told different stories: some true, some lies and I still don't know which is which. Children are born innocent. At birth we are very much like a new hard drive - no viruses, no bad information, no crap that's been downloaded into it yet. It's what we feed into that hard drive, or in my case "head drive" that starts the corruption of the files."
Author: Nikki Sixx
22. "I've walked a lot in the mountains in Iceland. And as you come to a new valley, as you come to a new landscape, you have a certain view. If you stand still, the landscape doesn't necessarily tell you how big it is. It doesn't really tell you what you're looking at. The moment you start to move the mountain starts to move."
Author: Olafur Eliasson
23. "Fitzpatrick: Back when I was doing Perl-even for people that knew Perl really well-I would recommend MJD's Higher-Order Per!. The book is really fun in that it starts somewhat simple and you're like, "Yeah, yeah, I know what a closure is." And then it just continues to fuck with your head. By the end of the book, you're just blown away."
Author: Peter Seibel
24. "Housing has led our nation's economic expansion over the past few years, accounting for 16 percent of our Gross Domestic Product. New housing starts and home sales hit record levels from 2003 through 2005."
Author: Randy Neugebauer
25. "Soon after man shows up in new lands, the big game starts to go missing. […] A bad smell of extinction follows Home sapiens around the world. (37)"
Author: Ronald Wright
26. "The world's greatest city - New York City - deserves a government that works for all New Yorkers. That starts with a mayor who is independent from party bosses and special interests, who isn't afraid to be honest with the people, and who is focused on the issues New Yorkers care about most."
Author: Sal Albanese
27. "He wondered how many new starts a person was entitled to, how many times one could say it was the other person's fault and truly believe it."
Author: Sophie Hannah
28. "Cards and boards, [Johnny] thought. And the dead. That's not dark forces. Making a fuss about cards and heavy metal and going on about Dungeons and Dragons stuff because it's got demon gods in it is like guarding to door when it is really coming up through the floorboards. Real dark forces... aren't dark. They're sort of gray, like Mr. Grimm. They take all the color out of life; they take a town like Blackbury and turn it into frightened streets and plastic signs and Bright New Futures and towers where no one wants to live and no one really does live. The dead seem more alive than us. And everyone becomes gray and turns into numbers and then, somewhere, someone starts to do arithmetic..."
Author: Terry Pratchett
29. "The minute you land in New Orleans, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get that aspect of New Orleans off you is to eat it off. That means beignets and crayfish bisque and jambalaya, it means shrimp remoulade, pecan pie, and red beans with rice, it means elegant pompano au papillote, funky file z'herbes, and raw oysters by the dozen, it means grillades for breakfast, a po' boy with chowchow at bedtime, and tubs of gumbo in between. It is not unusual for a visitor to the city to gain fifteen pounds in a week--yet the alternative is a whole lot worse. If you don't eat day and night, if you don't constantly funnel the indigenous flavors into your bloodstream, then the mystery beast will go right on humping you, and you will feel its sordid presence rubbing against you long after you have left town. In fact, like any sex offender, it can leave permanent psychological scars."
Author: Tom Robbins
Quotes About New Starts Pictures