Famous Quotes About Niceties
Browse 13 famous quotes and sayings about Niceties.
Top Quotes About Niceties
1. "Superficial social niceties are far different from the deep emotion of thanksgiving."
Author: Alexandra Katehakis
2. "If you bind your men to you with deception, how can you ever trust them? You have qualities they will come to admire. Why not let them grow to trust you naturally, and in that way--''There isn't time,' said Laurent.The words pushed themselves with sheer force out of whatever wordless state Laurent had been shocked into.'There isn't time,' Laurent said again. 'I have two weeks until we reach the border. Don't pretend that I can woo these men with hard work and a winning smile in that time. I am not the green colt my uncle pretends. I fought at Marlas and I fought at Sanpelier. I am not here for niceties. I don't intend to see the men I lead cut down because they will not obey orders, or because they cannot hold a line. I intend to survive, I intend to beat my uncle, and I will fight with every weapon that I have."
Author: C.S. Pacat
3. "But people in masks were always assholes. It was a scientific law. Give someone anonymity and all social niceties break down. The Internet had proven that."
Author: Chelsea Cain
4. "My father always has been attractive because of his energy, warmth, charm, and talent for finding some connection with people from all cultures and walks of life. He rarely observed social formalities and niceties - something he has passed on to his boys."
Author: Ezekiel Emanuel
5. "All the London ton acknowledged Scotland as a barbaric place. The packs there cared very little for the social niceties of daytime folk. Highland werewolves had a reputation for doing atrocious and highly unwarranted things, like wearing smoking jackets to the dinner table. Lyall shivered at the delicious horror of the very idea."
Author: Gail Carriger
6. "You just got what was coming for you!" Anger stripped the niceties from her speech. Lilith spun around to face him again—her fists clenched—as if she could strike him, and wipe the sneer from his dead lips. He infuriated her. Nauseated her. Drove her mad with his mockery. Death had made him bitter, and any charm had sloughed away, along with his flesh."
Author: Georgina Anne Taylor
7. "It is that flavor exuded by women who have fashioned an earthy and simplified sexual adjustment to their environment, borne their young, achieved an unthinking physical confidence. They are often placidly unkempt, even grubby, taking no interest in the niceties of posture. They have a slow relish for the physical spectrum of food, sun, deep sleep, the needs of children, the caressess of affection. There is a tiny magnificance about them, like the sultry dignity of she-lions."
Author: John D. MacDonald
8. "And what if I need something?''Find it yourself.'Connor tsk-ed. 'Where did all the niceties go?''You're not a guest. You're family. Find your own fucking towels."
Author: M.A. Grant
9. "Those who live alone slide into the habit of vertical eating: why bother with the niceties when there's no one to share or censure? But laxity in one area may lead to derangement in all."
Author: Margaret Atwood
10. "A survival tale peels away the niceties and comforts of civilization. Suddenly, all the technology and education in the world means nothing. I think all of us wonder while reading a survival tale, 'What would I have done in this situation? Would I have made it?'"
Author: Nathaniel Philbrick
11. "Parts are not to be examined till the whole has been surveyed; there is a kind of intellectual remoteness necessary for the comprehension of any great work in its full design and its true proportions; a close approach shews the smaller niceties, but the beauty of the whole is discerned no longer."
Author: Samuel Johnson
12. "I often find human behavior amusing. Like having a full refrigerator of food to eat yet buying fast food instead. If you learn to conquer the two big "N" words. Niceties vs Necessities. You might actually have some funds for the hard times that come."
Author: Stanley Victor Paskavich
13. "We need to go to the niceties of approaching the U. N. and let them have a chance to take it over, but we should set some sort of date and begin to move out and leave it to whoever takes over."
Author: William Odom
Quotes About Niceties Pictures