Famous Quotes About Night Melody
Browse 11 famous quotes and sayings about Night Melody.
Top Quotes About Night Melody
1. "Christmas Eve was a night of song that wrapped itself about you like a shawl. But it warmed more than your body. It warmed your heart... filled it, too, with a melody that would last forever. Even though you grew up and found you could never quite bring back the magic feeling of this night, the melody would stay in your heart always - a song for all the years."
Author: Bess Streeter Aldrich
2. "Well, that's because they're wrong and I'm right. No more reading for you. Let's go get some ice cream." "I don't know if the kitchen has any," Joel said. "It's hard to get in the summers, and—" "Not from the kitchen, stupid," Melody said, rolling her eyes. "From the parlor out on Knight Street." "Oh. I've … never been there." "What! That's a tragedy." "Melody, everything is a tragedy to you." "Not having ice cream," she proclaimed, "is the culmination of all disasters! That's it. No more discussion. We're going. Follow."
Author: Brandon Sanderson
3. "THE LAKEIn spring of youth it was my lotTo haunt of the wide world a spotThe which I could not love the less-So lovely was the lonelinessOf a wild lake, with black rock bound,And the tall pines that towered around.But when the Night had thrown her pallUpon that spot, as upon all,And the mystic wind went byMurmuring in melody-Then-ah then I would awakeTo the terror of the lone lake.Yet that terror was not fright,But a tremulous delight-A feeling not the jewelled mineCould teach or bribe me to define-Nor Love-although the Love were thine.Death was in that poisonous wave,And in its gulf a fitting graveFor him who thence could solace bringTo his lone imagining-Whose solitary soul could makeAn Eden of that dim lake."
Author: Edgar Allan Poe
4. "The music enchanted the air. It was like the south wind, like a warm night, like swelling sails beneath the stars, completely and utterly unreal... It made everything spacious and colourful, the dark stream of life seemed pulsing in it; there were no burdens any more, no limits; there existed only glory and melody and love, so that one simply could not realize that, at the same time as this music was, outside there ruled poverty and torment and despair."
Author: Erich Maria Remarque
5. "My mind begs for you in the soft, secret, silent places of the night... I thirst for you and without you my soul is a desert. I thought when I first met you, first saw you, that I loved you more than any woman had ever loved a man, but now I know the feeling only grows within me. You are the song I sing each day, each moment, each second. You are the melody of my life..."
Author: Gloria Smith
6. "Days and nights passed over this despair of flesh, but one morning he awoke, looked (with calm now) at the blurred things that lay about him, and felt, inexplicably, the way one might feel upon recognizing a melody or a voice, that all this had happened to him before and that he had faced it with fear but also with joy and hopefulness and curiosity. Then he descended into his memory, which seemed to him endless, and managed to draw up from that vertigo the lost remembrance that gleamed like a coin in the rain - perhaps because he had never really looked at it except (perhaps) in a dream."
Author: Jorge Luis Borges
7. "There was an image in my mind—an expectation of what it would be like when I finally gave myself fully to a man. It wasn't like this. It was always at night with candles flickering lazily, music filling the air with a sexy melody, and maybe a bubble bath. But no. It was infinitely better, and there was no froo froo, stereotypical scene that played out. It was incredible. Brilliant. Amazing. Indescribable, really. Like all the planets in the galaxy aligned for a perfect moment in time. As if this was the beginning of time. From now until the rest of eternity, everything finally had meaning."
Author: Laura Kreitzer
8. "Zen: 'I kinda went about it all wrong last night, didn't I?Melody: 'Kinda? It was a total fustercluck.'<actual word used>"
Author: Megan McCafferty
9. "April comes to us, with her showers sweet. I wake to the cries of little birds before the light comes across the heath. They wait all night with open eyes. Now, with the rain at dawn, their voices make melody. I turn back the reveled cloth of gold on my bed and walk to gaze beyond my glazed casement window. In the plaintive voices of the wood fowl, I imagine my mother calling to me, her words echoing across the years."
Author: Ned Hayes
10. "IVYes, I have a thousand tongues,And nine and nighty-nine lie.Though I strive to use the one,It will make no melody at my will, But is dead in my mouth."
Author: Stephen Crane
11. "I still have a passion for the music, which is such a beautiful thing. I still wake up in the middle of the night out of a dream and have a melody in my head, and run to my piano."
Author: Teena Marie
Quotes About Night Melody Pictures