Famous Quotes About Nonchalant
Browse 35 famous quotes and sayings about Nonchalant.
Top Quotes About Nonchalant
1. "Ayden strolled up and nonchalantly tossed me the keys. I caught them with ease.Nah, I dropped them. Okay, technically I didn't drop them. I just flinched when they hit me in the shoulder then I watched them drop. Did I mention I didn't sleep well?"
Author: AandE Kirk
2. "Is it the thought of true intimacy that frightens you?' He asked it nonchalantly, moving a pawn.She moved her remaining bishop in retaliation. 'Frightened of intimacy? Something which can so easily be bartered and exchanged?''Can it? ... If I were to take you to bed now - throw you upon the covers and steal your virginity, do you think that would connote intimacy?'She stared at him.He leaned forward, stroking his queen, drawing her along the boxed edges of the square she currently owned. 'Or do you think that sitting here, across from me, sharing your thoughts freely and giving away your dreams...could be a true type of intimacy instead?"
Author: Anne Mallory
3. "It's a lot like a biology study date,' I told my reflection nonchalantly. 'Only... Without the biology and studying.'Biology study date..."
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
4. "Do women always take this long?" Darién sprang forward to find out what was keeping his bride, but Maxim, Shara and Serone stepped in front of him, blocking his path."She's late!" the prince fumed, his heart pounding, and his breathing ragged. "Maybe she changed her mind," he said before Maxim snapped a picture of him with a digital camera, blinding him. "What the hell?" Darién shook his head to clear the momentary stun from the flash.Maxim shrugged nonchalantly, his wicked dark eyes glittering with humor, "Aleta put me in charge of photography--something about making a scrapbook…or whatever. Anyway…nothing says good times like a stressed-out groom on the verge of nuclear." He smiled, wagging his dark brows up and down. "Priceless."
Author: Beth Mikell
5. "He wanted to be perfectly safe and yet also very nonchalant and daring-to be admired for manly honesty among the Dimbles and yet also for realism and knowingness at Belbury-to have two more large whiskies and also to think everything out very clearly and collectedly."
Author: C.S. Lewis
6. "What I was hungry for was sitting nonchalantly next to me on the couch."
Author: Cara Lynn Shultz
7. "He's going macho again," Dev says, totally nonchalantly, while he unlocks the door.He's always going macho," Is adds. "It must be the wolf thing."I am not going macho. I am always macho," Nick says."
Author: Carrie Jones
8. "It's not good, is it?"Galen's reply was convincingly nonchalant. "I've seen worse.""Yes-on a dead man."Galen averted his eyes for a moment before giving a reply. "Don't talk like that.""Sorry.""Don't apologize, either."Steldor gave a wry laugh. "Would you mind telling me what I am allowed to do?"Galen couldn't suppress a smirk, thought it was laced with sadness, as he recognized the beginning of one of their classic bickering contests."Sure-you can shut your trap."Steldor was smirking, too, then he grimaced, arching his back as unexpected pain shot through him, and new drops of sweat materialized on his forehead."Steldor-" Galen started, humor lost, reaching toward him with undetermined intent. Steldor smacked his hand away with as much vigor as he could muster."No," he growled, gritting his teeth. "Ignore it.I don't want to think about it."Galen nodded, thought he looked uneasy. "Just tell me what to do," he said in a small voice. "Tell me to shut my trap again."
Author: Cayla Kluver
9. "My love, do you recall the object which we saw,That fair, sweet, summer morn!At a turn in the path a foul carcassOn a gravel strewn bed,Its legs raised in the air, like a lustful woman,Burning and dripping with poisons,Displayed in a shameless, nonchalant wayIts belly, swollen with gases."
Author: Charles Baudelaire
10. "I like very dry humor. I don't like things that are over the top. I like subtlety. I like things that are nonchalant. I like characters that are sort of monotone and based in dark comedy."
Author: Emily Rios
11. "Jackie had now changed her tune, clinging to me as if she liked it. "I'm irresistible, brother, he's swapping sides for me.""I can't fight it any longer," I said, nonchalantly.Wade shook his head at us. "I'll be sure to pass this news along to your husband, sis.""He can have the kids," Jackie said, causing everyone to chuckle."We insist," I tossed in."
Author: Ethan Day
12. "I walked back into the bedroom and, after all that, I actually was surprised. She lay on the bed, her hands nonchalantly behind her head, with the banana between her legs. Only half of it was alfresco. It was if we'd had sex and then, before heading for the bathroom, I'd bookmarked her vagina so as not to lose my place."
Author: Frank Skinner
Author: G. Norman Lippert
14. "James Potter moved slowly along the narrow aisles of the train, peering as nonchalantly as he could into each compartment. To those inside, he probably looked as if he was searching for someone, some friend or group of confidantes with whom to pass the time during the trip, and this was intentional. The last thing that James wanted anyone to notice was that, despite the bravado he had so recently displayed with his younger brother Albus on the platform, he was nervous. His stomach knotted and churned as if he'd had half a bite of one of Uncles Ron and George's Puking Pastilles."
Author: G. Norman Lippert
15. "Your Kentuckian of the present day is a good illustration of the doctrine of transmitted instincts and peculiarities. His fathers were mighty hunters, - men who lived in the woods, and slept under the free, open heavens, with the stars to hold their candles; and their descendant to this day always acts as if the house were his camp, - wears his hat at all hours, tumbles himself about, and puts his heels on the tops of chairs or mantel-pieces, just as his father rolled on the green sward, and put his upon trees or logs, - keep all the windows and doors open, winter and summer, that he may get air enough for his great lungs, - calls everybody "stranger", with nonchalant bonhommie, and is altogether the frankest, easiest, most jovial creature living."
Author: Harriet Beecher Stowe
16. "Jerusha leaned forward watching with curiosity - and a touch of wistfulness - the stream of carriages and automobiles that rolled out of the asylum gates. In imagination she followed first one equipage, then another, to the big houses dotted along the hillside. She pictured herself in a fur coat and a velvet hat trimmed with feathers leaning back in the seat and nonchalantly murmuring "Home" to the driver. But on the door-sill of her home the picture grew blurred."
Author: Jean Webster
17. "When I first entered the school, I was all set to tie my hair in a ponytail, get a fake tan, and write my homework in pink gel ink. I was prepared to hear girls bragging nonchalantly about the BMWs and diamond earrings they recieved for their birthday. I almost looked forward to hearing the flashlight-wielding nuns tell me to "leave room for the holy ghost" when I danced lewedly with messy-haired prep-school boys"
Author: Jennifer Allison
18. "...cool and nonchalant, like none of this mattered anyway. Is that what guys really wanted? Or was it just what the girls thought the guys wanted?"
Author: Jodi Picoult
19. "Hi, already doused, was nonchalant. "Did the bad Indian throw you in the water, boy?" Taking a knee, he ruffled Coop's ears. "Been there."Hi was referring to Ben's claim of ties to the Sewee, a North American clan folded into the Catawba tribe centuries ago. He'd even named his boat Sewee."I feel your pain," Hi continued. "Thanksgiving was a huge mistake."Coop licked Hi's face."Not nice," I joked. "You'll sour Jewish-Sewee relations.""It's true, I take it back," Hi said. "Our peoples have a rich history of mutual respect. Long live the alliance!"
Author: Kathy Reichs
20. "The want for that kiss had shocked him more than the interruption, and he fell back into the chair, cool and nonchalant as Quen came in with his questions and demands. He wasn't sure if he believed he'd really helped, but one thing was very clear. He wanted that again, that feeling of standing with her against all odds and succeeding. He wanted it so bad, he was going to risk destroying everything he and his father had worked for. He should walk away. Right now. But as she was ushered out the door under David's arm, all he wanted to do was follow her. What the hell was he doing, falling in love with a demon?"
Author: Kim Harrison
21. "Arms crossed over his chest,leaning against the wall that led to the back of the business,Nick Rixey appeared for all the world to be nonchalant and unaffected."
Author: Laura Kaye
22. "What is it, you ask?" Kali said, trying to cover her surprise with nonchalant words. "I haven't thought of a name yet. Got any ideas?""Shit," the pirate said, said of. The gag made elocution difficult."That wouldn't impress anyone at the patent office."
Author: Lindsay Buroker
23. "Rohan, one of us is an unmarried man with superior mathematical abilitiesand no prospects for the evening. The other is a confirmed lecher in an amorous mood, with a willing and nubile young wife waiting at home. Who do you think should do the damned account books?" And, with a nonchalant wave, St. Vincent had left the office."
Author: Lisa Kleypas
24. "How could he look exactly the same as he always did? How could he so nonchalantly shatter all the things I'd believed and bear no outward sign of it? I didn't understand. It seemed to me that if someone hurt you, there should be some kind of boomerang effect. They should get hit with it, too, so it wasn't just you. So they didn't get off scot-free while you marinated in the pain."
Author: Megan Crane
25. "... It wasn't my finest moment, but I rolled my eyes and actually huffed. "Fine, don't answer. I don't even know why I asked.""No, I am not having sex with anyone.""Oh." I shrugged nonchalantly, but for some reason his response filled me with glee. It was as if a unicorn had appeared beneath a double rainbow and started tap dancing."
Author: Penny Reid
26. "Juan nonchalantly drove the shovel through the head of the zombified maid, and the drama was over."
Author: Rhiannon Frater
27. "I was astonished to see Adrian watching me, a look of contentment on his face. His eyes seemed to study my every feature. Seeing me notice him, he immediately looked away. His usual smirky expression replaced by a dreamy one. "The mechanic will wait," he said. "Yeah, but I'm supposed to meet Brayden soon, I'll be-" That's when I got a good look at Adrian. "What have you done? Look at you! You shouldn't be out here." "It's not that bad." He was lying, and we both knew it."Come on, we have to get you out of here before you get worse. What were you thinking?" His expression was astonishingly nonchalant for someone who looked like he would pass out. "It was worth it. You looked…happy"
Author: Richelle Mead
28. "Lucky fucker, whoever the father is."With a snort, Anna told him, "He is a fucker" – she shrugged nonchalantly – "but I love him."
Author: S.C. Stephens
29. "During dinner he slid his hand onto my thigh, somehow managing to get under my skirt. His touch sent fiery tingles to my core. When I tried to cross my legs nonchalantly, he just moved with me."
Author: Sadie Grubor
30. "Um," I asked, "isn't the whole point about being a slave that you don't have a choice to be anything else?" Prettying up the word slave with the adjective-noun constructions makes "enslaved African" sound nonchalant. As in "Those were the cabins of the jolly leprechauns."
Author: Sarah Vowell
31. "By the time we hit the streets they were silent and closed in on us, and they had assumed the Nonchalant Look, an expression that said, I am not a nurse escorting six lunatics to the ice cream parlor. But they were, and we were their six lunatics, so we behaved like lunatics."
Author: Susanna Kaysen
32. "He moved in a way that suggested he was attempting the world speed record for the nonchalant walk."
Author: Terry Pratchett
33. "Mort wandered hopelessly along the winding streets. Anyone hovering at rooftop heightwould have noticed a certain pattern in the crowds behind him, suggesting a number of men converging nonchalantly on a target, and would rightly have concluded that Mort and his gold had about the same life expectancy as a three-legged hedgehog on a six-lane motorway."
Author: Terry Pratchett
34. "Englemos," sa sniff nonchalant. "Bare barnslig tøv." I hvert fall for alle som har sett i en stjernekikkert."
Author: Tove Jansson
35. "Then he looked away, and there followed the nonchalant slow return – and me doing the same – and round in circles it goes: the timeless dance of the sugar plum faeries."
Author: Trebor Healey
Quotes About Nonchalant Pictures