Famous Quotes About Norwegians
Browse 7 famous quotes and sayings about Norwegians.
Top Quotes About Norwegians
1. "We're Norwegians. You know, the Vikings. My deadlift was 310 pounds. I mean, I was very, very strong - and I didn't take steroids. I did it all on my own."
Author: Eleanor Mondale
2. "Immortality is often ridiculous or cruel: few of us would have chosen to be Og or Ananias or Gallio. Even in mathematics, history sometimes plays strange tricks; Rolle figures in the textbooks of elementary calculus as if he had been a mathematician like Newton; Farey is immortal because he failed to understand a theorem which Haros had proved perfectly fourteen years before; the names of five worthy Norwegians still stand in Abel's Life, just for one act of conscientious imbecility, dutifully performed at the expense of their country's greatest man. But on the whole the history of science is fair, and this is particularly true in mathematics. No other subject has such clear-cut or unanimously accepted standards, and the men who are remembered are almost always the men who merit it. Mathematical fame, if you have the cash to pay for it, is one of the soundest and steadiest of investments."
Author: G.H. Hardy
3. "As I say, we Norwegians love our woolens, and you can buy some beautiful knitwear in Oslo. They might cost you a bit - but they will last."
Author: Jo Nesbo
4. "What a country of lazy shits, with fucking hypocritical politicians claiming that people actually wanted to work if they could. Norwegians voted for the Socialist Party because it made it a human right to shirk their jobs, and who the hell wouldn't vote for a party that gave you three days off without a doctor's note, gave you carte blanche to sit at home and jerk off or go skiing or recover from a hangover? The Socialist Party knew, of course, what a perk this was, but still tried to appear responsible, preened themselves with their "trust in most people" and declared the right to malinger as some kind of social reform. The Progress Party was even more fucking infuriating, buying itself votes with tax cuts and hardly bothering to conceal the fact."
Author: Jo Nesbø
5. "I enjoy hiking and skiing, like most Norwegians. In winter, there will be snow for months on end. In the summer, there are the long evenings to enjoy."
Author: Magnus Carlsen
6. "You cannot kill our doves and keep your pigeonsNo way, call us NorwegianSee, we live in one world, many religions One country, 10 regionsAnd the answer to anything peaceful is to co-existThat why I love this quote that sayeth ‘‘whatever you resist, persist and if you insist there will always be a twist''So for me I always assist in assistance but if they meet me with a resistance, I resist, and kiss them with my fist"
7. "Well, then what the federal government should have done was accept the assistance of foreign countries, of entrepreneurial Americans who have had solutions that they wanted presented. They can't even get a phone call returned, Bill. The Dutch—they are known, and the Norwegians—they are known for dikes and for cleaning up water and for dealing with spills. They offered to help and yet, no, they too, with the proverbial, can't even get a phone call back."
Author: Sarah Palin
Quotes About Norwegians Pictures