Famous Quotes About Not Always Getting What You Want
Browse 27 famous quotes and sayings about Not Always Getting What You Want.
Top Quotes About Not Always Getting What You Want
1. "I'd worried that letting her get too close would break me. Unfortunately, I'd worried about that a little too late. Because I was broken. The Cage I was before Eva no longer existed. As much as I didn't want to admit it, I'd fallen in love with her. I'd allowed someone in and she hadn't want me. I hadn't been good enough. I never was."
Author: Abbi Glines
2. "Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training."
Author: Anna Freud
3. "If I think she' hot and it turns out she's a psychopath, then what does that say about me? I'm totally not ready for that kind of therapy."
Author: Barry Lyga
4. "It is when we think we can act like God, that all respect is lost, and I think this is the downfall of peace. We lie if we say we do not see color and culture and difference. We fool ourselves and cheat ourselves when we say that all of us are the same. We should not want to be the same as others and we should not want others to be the same as us. Rather, we ought to glory and shine in all of our differences, flaunting them fabulously for all to see! It is never a conformity that we need! We need not to conform! What we need is to burst out into all these beautiful colors!"
Author: C. JoyBell C.
5. "But my whole life has been a matter of fighting for one simple hour to do what I want to do. There was always something getting in the way of my getting to myself."
Author: Charles Bukowski
6. "Okay, when you smile at me like that, I want to climb. And God knows it's been forever since I've been properly manhandled."
Author: Christina Lauren
7. "I came up with a new game-show idea recently. It's called The Old Game. You got three old guys with loaded guns onstage. They look back at their lives, see who they were, what they accomplished, how close they came to realizing their dreams. The winner is the one who doesn't blow his brains out. He gets a refrigerator."
Author: Chuck Barris
8. "I have always gotten a thrill, a kick, from learning new things."
Author: Cynthia Kenyon
9. "Every time a scientist publishes a good piece of work, she helps to maintain and raise the standards for what is true. We have to keep chipping away."
Author: Deborah M. Gordon
10. "Do you know how to pick a lock?""Not in the least, I'm afraid.""I often wonder what we go to school for," said Wimsey."
Author: Dorothy L. Sayers
11. "The obsession will end when you love yourself enough to stop hurting yourself. Who doesn't want to take care of what they love?"
Author: Geneen Roth
12. "I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams."
Author: H. P. Lovecraft
13. "Since you are chosen by the Muse, your mind is always pregnant with an unstable roller-coaster of the creative itches. The utopian conjectures and hypotheses of perfect romance, fondles the fairyland.. It is like having the higher educational qualification than the eligibility criteria, either you choose to be jobless or you have to compromise and adjust with low salary, low designation and sometimes, you have to start from the cipher who eventually turns out to be a numbskull dick! Reason, why the crème de la crème sapiosexuals are slaugherous, cynical, sweetly sardonic, spouseless, and of course allergic to baloney and bullshits.."
14. "I'm really in touch with my fans. Through their emails, letters and stories is how I decide what music I'm going to perform."
Author: Jenni Rivera
15. "A carnival in daylight is an unfinished beast, anyway. Rain makes it a ghost. The wheezing music from the empty, motionless rides in a soggy, rained-out afternoon midway always hit my chest with a sweet ache. The colored dance of lights in the seeping air flashed the puddles in the sawdust with an oily glamour."
Author: Katherine Dunn
16. "Oh, here we are at the bridge. I'm going to shut my eyes tight. I'm always afraid going over bridges. I can't help imagining that perhaps, just as we get to the middle, they'll crumple up like a jackknife and nip us. So I shut my eyes. But I always have to open them for all when I think we're getting near the middle. Because, you see, if the bridge did crumple up I'd want to see it crumple. What a jolly rumble it makes! I always like the rumble part of it. Isn't it splendid there are so many things to like in this world? There, we're over. Now I'll look back. Good night, dear Lake of Shining Waters. I always say good night to the things I love, just as I would to people. I think they like it. That water looks as if it was smiling at me."
Author: L.M. Montgomery
17. "Not exactly what I wanted, but you know what they say about getting what you want.""That you should want what you have instead?" I guessed."No! That's ridiculous advice. Jesus, who told you that? Never mind, don't even answer that. Just forget you ever heard it. They, and by 'they' I am referring to those who know what the hell they're talking about, say that you can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes..." He held out his hand for me to finish."You just might get what you need?"He shucked me under the chin and gave me his best cocky smile. "There's hope for you yet."He walked away from me with a determined swagger and didn't look back."
Author: Liz Reinhardt
18. "Be a giver. Not because you want something out of it. Because it's who you are."
Author: Marilyn Grey
19. "You list the dead. You tell the stories of the past. You write about the catastrophes and the massacres. What about the living, Finnikin? Who honors them?"
Author: Melina Marchetta
20. "The claw slipped again. It came off the edge of the stone and Hadrian felt his stomach rise as he fell. He dropped less than two stories and landed in a thick pile of straw, but it still hurt. With the wind knocked from him, he lay staring up at the sky and the wall.Royce's shadow crossed his face. "That was pathetic.""You're enjoying this a little too much for me to think you're honestly trying to help.""Trust me. I want you to improve. I want you to fall from much higher up."
Author: Michael J. Sullivan
21. "The generals who had called Zia a mullah behind his back felt ashamed at having underestimated him: not only was he a mullah, he was a mullah whose understanding of religion didn't go beyond parroting what he had heard from the next mullah. A mullah without a beard, a mullah in a four-star general's uniform, a mullah with the instincts of a corrupt tax inspector."
Author: Mohammed Hanif
22. "I cannot hold a grudge against Mariah Carey. What people don't understand is that I've looked up to her for so many years."
Author: Nicki Minaj
23. "For everyone knew Fiachnae would rise again, it's what the Irish did, and mac Báetáin was cannier than most."
Author: Nicola Griffith
24. "And yet always you feel as though you understood perfectly the people and why they do everything as they do.Still you are absolutely severed from them."
Author: Paul Bowles
25. "But this lump does not absolve me, because I got it through heedlessness, not though courage. I run my tongue over my lip and what do I do? I write. But bad literature brings no redemption."
Author: Umberto Eco
26. "Looking upwards, she speculates still more ambitiously upon the nature of the moon, and if the stars are blazing jellies; looking downwards she wonders if the fishes know that the sea is salt; opines that our heads are full of fairies, 'dear to God as we are'; muses whether there are not other worlds than ours, and reflects that the next ship may bring us word of a new one. In short, 'we are in utter darkness'. Meanwhile, what a rapture is thought!"
Author: Virginia Woolf
27. "Who said, 'All Time's delightHath she for narrow bed;Life's troubled bubble broken'? ---That's what I said."
Author: Walter De La Mare
Quotes About Not Always Getting What You Want Pictures