Famous Quotes About Not Feeling Trusted
Browse 26 famous quotes and sayings about Not Feeling Trusted.
Top Quotes About Not Feeling Trusted
1. "In the story of Ugly Duckling, when did the Ugly Duckling stop feeling Ugly? When he realized that he was a Swan. Each of us has something Special, a swan of some sort, hidden inside somewhere. But until we recognize that it's there, what can we do but splash around, treading water? The Wise are Who They Are. They work with what they've got and do what they can do."
Author: Benjamin Hoff
2. "I have a sentimental feeling for my very first cover I was on - it was 'Bazaar' Magazine."
Author: Carol Alt
3. "Written up in marker on a factory sign:I struggle with the feeling that my life isn't mine"
4. "Dishonesty is all about the small acts we can take and then think, 'No, this not real cheating.' So if you think that the main mechanism is rationalization, then what you come up with, and that's what we find, is that we're basically trying to balance feeling good about ourselves."
Author: Dan Ariely
5. "Livia, you're too kind. I'll take this breakfast as a token of our friendship—thank you—but do you ever do anything just for yourself?" Blake lifted the sandwich and waited for her answer."Talking to you." She watched him go motionless as her filter yet again refused to engage. "I do that because I'm addicted to the feeling it gives me."
Author: Debra Anastasia
6. "I hit you. Won't that make you go away? What else can I do?" he snarled. He'd fallen back on his old standby, anger."I'm not going away, Cole, so maybe we can cut out the assaults in the future. You don't want me to go away. I know that. You love me, Cole. That's the feeling that makes you so angry." She'd sighed and looked at the ceiling. "You don't know what to do with it, because the people you've loved in the past caused you pain. That's what you think love is. Pain."She'd looked at his face until he met her eyes. They were still green."But, Cole, I love you. Have I hurt you? Ever?"Cole had to shake his head. She hadn't. Not once."I'm showing you what to do with love, Cole." She stood and held out her arms.A hug. A simple hug he didn't have to earn by throwing a chair. Human contact that wasn't required because he was trying to hurt someone. She still trusted him. She still saw something in him."
Author: Debra Anastasia
7. "I start to get the feeling that something is really wrong."
Author: Elizabeth Wurtzel
8. "They did the whole lingering gaze thing, following it with the glancing-away, smiling-knowingly routine. She felt vivacious, a feeling she remembered, she was enjoying the self-confidence, the larkiness."
Author: Freya North
9. "Dillon diminished my sense of feeling alive, Gavin. But you... your brought that back to me."
Author: Gail McHugh
10. "That Crawford Tilinghast should ever have studied science and philosophy was a mistake. These things should be left to the frigid and impersonal investigator for they offer two equally tragic alternatives to the man of feeling and action; despair, if he fail in his quest, and terrors unutterable and unimaginable if he succeed."
Author: H.P. Lovecraft
11. "I am unable to make any distinction between the feeling I get from life and the way I translate that feeling into painting."
Author: Henri Matisse
12. "What is it precisely, that feeling of 'returning' from a poem? Something is lighter, softer, larger - then it fades, but never completely."
Author: Ian McEwan
13. "Ron and Hermione were still smirking and Harry felt his temper rise; he wasn't even sure why he was feeling so angry."Don't sit there grinning like you know better than I do, I was there, wasn't I?" he said heatedly. "I know what went on, all right? And I didn't get through any of that because I was brilliant at Defense Against the Dark Arts, I got through it all because — because help came at the right time, or because I guessed right — but I just blundered through it all, I didn't have a clue what I was doing — STOP LAUGHING!"
Author: J.K. Rowling
14. "Anyway, said Robert, they got a big fright. After that they started dropping pellets in the water and digging latrines and spraying for flies and bringing buckets of soap. But do you think they do it because they love us? Not a hope. They prefer it that we live because we look too terrible when we get sick and die. If we grew thin and turned into paper and then into ash and floated away, they wouldn't give a stuff for us. They just don't want to get upset. They want to go to sleep feeling good."
Author: J.M. Coetzee
15. "But it seems Ive got this set of scales inside me that I never used to have, or at least I wasnt aware of, and I cant shake the feeling that if I dont try to keep them balanced, Ill lose something I wont be able to get back."
Author: Karen Marie Moning
16. "They stood absolutely still for the longest minute of Arianne's life. She barely breathed while Balthazar's eyes roamed her body. She swallowed, feeling each part of her that his gaze landed turn pink, like he was actually touching her. How was that even possible? When Arianne thought she could breathe a sigh of relief because his eyes locked with hers again, the most devilish grin she'd ever seen formed on Balthazar's lips. She inhaled sharply. When had his grin become less arrogant and more…sexy?"
Author: Kate Evangelista
17. "My role model was my grandfather. He instilled in me the feeling that no matter how successful you are you have a responsibility to help others."
Author: Kevin Johnson
18. "He let out a sigh. With my head there against his chest, I could faintly make out the sound of his heart beating through his suit coat. It seemed to be rushing. His hand, gentle as ever, reached to cup my cheek. As I looked into his eyes, I felt that unnameable feeling that was growing between us. With his eyes, Maxon asked for something we'd both agree to wait on. I was glad he didn't want to wait anymore. I gave him a tiny nod, and he bridged the small gap between us, kissing me with unimaginable tenderness."
Author: Kiera Cass
19. "Stepan Arkadyich smiled. He knew so well this feeling of Levin's, knew that for him all the girls in the world were divided into two sorts: one sort was all the girls in the world except her, and these girls had all human weaknesses and were very ordinary girls; the other sort was her alone, with no weaknesses and higher than everything human."
Author: Leo Tolstoy
20. "This is who she is. She is this movement here, these steps, this turn, this raising of this arm. It's a waste of time to think of oneself in any other terms. For what of us, what of reality, cannot implode, evaporate, contort, evade, disappear? But the body doesn't lie. At a certain point it's impossible to dance loneliness without feeling genuinely lonely."
Author: Meg Howrey
21. "The memory brought back the timbre of her voice and the tickle of her hair on my chin as I put her to bed that night and the feeling of belonging to someone, mattering to someone, having someone whose first smile in the morning was for you. Someone who slipped their hand into yours when they were scared and trusted you to make them feel better. Someone who knew you, the important things about you, and loved you anyway."
Author: Michele Jaffe
22. "Latent in every man is a venom of amazing bitterness, a black resentment; something that curses and loathes life, a feeling of being trapped, of having trusted and been fooled, of being helpless prey to impotent rage, blind surrender, the victim of a savage, ruthless power that gives and takes away, enlists a man, drops him, promises and betrays, and -crowning injury- inflicts on him the humiliation of feeling sorry for himself."
Author: Paul Valéry
23. "Unless you're fond of hollering you don't make great conversations on a running cycle. Instead you spend your time being aware of things and meditating on them. On sights and sounds, on the mood of the weather and things remembered, on the machine and the countryside you're in, thinking about things at great leisure and length without being hurried and without feeling you're losing time."
Author: Robert M. Pirsig
24. "I remember an insight that taught me much about life. One day I felt that I had everything that I really wanted in life. I had a creative and meaningful work as a therapist and course leader, I had a relationship with a beautiful woman, who I loved and who loved me, I had friend that I trusted and I had money to do what I wanted. But in spite of all this, I still had a feeling that there was something missing in my life. I was not satisfied. The thirst and longing in my heart was still searching for something more. It made me realize that the deepest pain in my heart was that I was still separated from the Whole and that no outer things or relationships could ease this pain."
Author: Swami Dhyan Giten
25. "This gave him another opportunity to use one of those words that hung before him, shining and alluring. Far away in the distance there were more of them, dangerously sharp. Words that were not for him, but which he used all the same on the sly, and which had an exciting flavour and gave him a tingling feeling in the head. They were a little dangerous, all of them."
Author: Tarjei Vesaas
26. "(W)hat I write when I force myself is generally just as good as what I write when I'm feeling inspired. It's mainly a matter of forcing yourself to write."
Author: Tom Wolfe
Quotes About Not Feeling Trusted Pictures