Famous Quotes About Not Feeling
Browse 61 famous quotes and sayings about Not Feeling.
Top Quotes About Not Feeling
1. "Everything was okay today, but I am not feeling okay. I think that when the things you like go away, you die a little bit inside, and I think that it takes a long time for you to feel okay again."
Author: Abraham M. Alghanem
2. "That was one time,and it was only for three days,as you well know-"But I barely get to finish before she's shaking her head, practically shouting, "It was four days,Daire. Four.""That's only because of the time difference and you know it," I mumble, thinking how sad it is that after weeks of not seeing each other,this is the way she chooses to greet me.But now that she's started,I'm not in much of a hugging mood either. "The point is,it was just once,and there were special circumstances involved sine I was"-enduring a vision quest/full-body dismemberment in a remote cave-"not feeling well...due to my injuries from the accident and all."
Author: Alyson Noel
3. "I do sometimes play characters that are a bit ambiguous. You've got to be brave about that sort of stuff. I like the sense of people not feeling too secure, not immediately knowing what they have in front of them."
Author: Andrew Scott
4. "I hope you were going to come pry your sister off my back," Paca clips as Rayna swims up. "She's quite rude."Galen throws Rayna a look, to which she lifts her chin. "Paca and her pudgy father over there are full of whale dung," Rayna informs her brothers."Rayna," Grom barks. "Mind your manners."Rayna lifts her chin even higher. Here we go. "Paca is a fraud, Grom," she says. "You can't mate with her. Sorry to ruin your ceremony. Let's go, Galen."Paca gasps as Jagen swims up to the party, almost stuttering in his fury. "You little...little stonefish! How dare you insult my daughter?"Galen grabs Rayna's arm. "What did you do?" he hisses.She jerks her arm away and gives him a superior look. "If Paca has the Gift of Poseidon, I have the Gift of Triton. Don't ask me what it is though, because I don't have a clue.""Rayna, enough!" Grom says, grabbing her other arm. "Apologize. Right now.""Apologize for what? Telling the truth? Sorry, not feeling it."
Author: Anna Banks
5. "I started to understand that for me, art was no longer about self-expression but about creative engagement with the world. I started to respond in an excited way to making work inside an industry and not feeling the constraints of audience expectation as some kind of thing that I should avoid."
Author: Ayad Akhtar
6. "Mom's not feeling well. So I'm making her a get well card.""That's thoughtful of you.""See, on the front it says, ‘Get Well Soon' … and on the inside it says,'Because my bed isn't made, my clothes need to be put away and I'm hungry. Love Calvin.' Want to sign it?""Sure, I'm hungry too"
Author: Bill Watterson
7. "Whether it is the old lady's fear, or the many ghostly traditions of this place, or the crucifix itself, I do not know, but I am not feeling nearly as easy in my mind as usual."
Author: Bram Stoker
8. "You can be good for the mere sake of goodness; you cannot be bad for the mere sake of badness. You can do a kind action when you are not feeling kind and when it gives you no pleasure, simply because kindness is right; but no one ever did a cruel action simply because cruelty is wrong - only because cruelty is pleasant or useful to him, In other words, badness cannot succeed even in being bad in the same way in which goodness is good. Goodness is, so to speak, itself: badness is only spoiled goodness. And there must be something good first before it can be spoiled."
Author: C.S. Lewis
9. "When you are not feeling particularly friendly but know you ought to be, the best thing you can do, very often, is to put on a friendly manner and behave as if you were a nicer person than you actually are. And in a few minutes, as we have all noticed, you will be really feeling friendlier than you were."
Author: C.S. Lewis
10. "I am not feeling any better because I cannot stay in bed, having constant cause for walking. They say I leave at night by the window of my tower, hanging from a red umbrella with which I set fire to the forest!"
Author: Camille Claudel
11. "He's not feeling well," Clary said, catching at Simon's wrist. "We're going.""No," Simon said. "No, I — I need to talk to him. To the Inquisitor."Robert reached into his jacket and drew out a crucifix. Clary stared in shock as he held it up between himself and Simon. "I speak to the Night's Children Council representative, or to the head of the New York clan," he said. "Not to any vampire who comes to knock at my door—"Simon reached out and plucked the cross out of Robert's hand. "Wrong religion," he said."
Author: Cassandra Clare
12. "In my experience, fear comes from not knowing what to expect and not feeling you have any control over what's about to happen. When you feel helpless, you're far more afraid than you would be if you knew the facts."
Author: Chris Hadfield
13. "- Child is abused, perpetrator threatens to hurt mother. Child feels protective of mother. - Struggle to escape perp reinforces feelings of mutual protection. It's Mom and I against the world. - Something necessary at the time later creates "enmeshment." Child doesn't see her actions as separate from mother. Even during normal adolescent individuation. But-- - Normal individuation doesn't happen in abuse survivors. They don't feel normal, so they--- Act out in unhealthy or self-destructive ways, which creates--- Fear and pain for mother, which creates-- - Guilt for child who still feels responsible for mother's emotional health. - Child seeks release from the guilt and from not feeling normal, which leads to-- - Escape to the world of other not normal people, where mother can't see her child self-destruct, which leads to--"The bad news."
Author: Claire Fontaine
14. "I'm not difficult," Violet said. "I'm simple. I like good books and clever conversation and being left alone much of the time. How does that make me difficult? I make sense? I don't talk about my feelings, of course, but then, I don't want to." She shrugged. "So that's reasonable."Sebastian smiled despite himself, a smile that felt bitter even to him. "God, no. Not feelings. Heaven forbid that you have anything so messy.""I have feelings." She spoke stiffly. "I just don't talk about them. What's the point? Talking never changes them."
Author: Courtney Milan
15. "The capacity for not feeling lonely can carry a very real price, that of feeling nothing at all."
Author: Douglas Coupland
16. "If I'm writing something and I'm not feeling mischievous, then I know it's not going to be great."
Author: Elizabeth Meriwether
17. "Home at last. Why was I not feeling relief? I turn in m bed thinking of the last time that I had laid my head on that pillow. Sadness took over me almost instantly. A pillow soaked in tears, the feeling of someone tearing a part of my chest out, it replayed in my head as if it had happened yesterday. I coculdn't believe that that girl was me. I was so much stronger than that, how had I allowed myself to become so vulnerable? I never thought that I would be the girl who'd get her heart broken. I never thought that he'd be the one to break it. But I was, and I know he did. I know, because, no one will ever know how much I cried that night."
Author: Everance Caiser
18. "Chemistry's a tricky thing, and if I'm not feeling it, I'm not gonna pretend."
Author: Faith Sullivan
19. "I am a terrible judge of character' "I don't think so. You just need to take note of FACTS from the outset, not feelings."
Author: Freya North
20. "It was not about losing my mental power; it's about not feeling good about my contribution to the game."
Author: Garry Kasparov
21. "He wondered vaguely whether in the abolished past it had been a normal experience to lie in bed like this, in the cool of a summer evening, a man and a woman with no clothes on, making love when they chose, talking of what they chose, not feeling any compulsion to get up, simply lying there and listening to peaceful sounds outside. Surely there could never have been a time when that seemed ordinary?"
Author: George Orwell
22. "I'm not feeling very well - I need a doctor immediately. Ring the nearest golf course."
Author: Groucho Marx
23. "By marrying her, Tony Takitani brought the lonely period of his life to an end.When he awoke in the morning, the first thing he did was look for her. When he found her sleeping next to him, he felt relief. When she wasn't there, hefelt anxious and searched the house for her. There was something odd forhim about not feeling lonely. The very fact that he had ceased to be lonelycaused him to fear the possibility of becoming lonely again."
Author: Haruki Murakami
24. "I've actually apologized to some people I was a real jerk to, because I feel ashamed. I didn't need to be that hungry. There was something going on inside me when I was angry and feeling very threatened and not feeling good about myself."
Author: Howard Stern
25. "Selfishness, narcissism, being uncomfortable in your own skin, not feeling connected to the world around you, feeling dislocated from family and youth, having a strange relationship with your childhood - all those things feel really true to me."
Author: Jason Reitman
26. "I'm really not feeling one way or the other with comedy or drama, I'm just sort of doing projects that I've been finding really fun to be a part of."
Author: John Krasinski
27. "Would I jump or would I burn? I guess I would jump, because then I wouldn't have to feel pain. On the other hand, maybe I would burn, because then I'd at least have a chance to somehow escape, and even if I couldn't, feeling pain is still better than not feeling, isn't it?"
Author: Jonathan Safran Foer
28. "What's so horrible about being dead forever, and not feeling anything, and not even dreaming? What's so great about feeling and dreaming?"
Author: Jonathan Safran Foer
29. "Michael nodded tersely, eyeing a table across the room. It was empty. So empty. So joyfully, blessedly empty.He could picture himself a very happy man at that table."Not feeling very conversational this evening, are we?" Colin asked, breaking into his (admittedly tame) fantasies."
Author: Julia Quinn
30. "Not feeling very conversational this evening, are we?' Colin asked, breaking into his (admittedly tame) fantasies.'No,' Michael said, not appreciating the vague hint of condescension in the other man's voice, '/we/ are not.'Colin chuckled ... 'Just testing you,' he said, leaning back in his chair.'To see if I have spontaneously divided into two separate beings?' Michael bit off.'No, of course not,' Colin said with a suspiciously easy grin. 'I can see that quite clearly. I was merely testing your mood.'Michael arched a brow in a most forbidding manner. 'And you found it...?''Rather as usual,' Colin answered, undeterred ... 'To happiness,' Colin said, lifting his glass in the air."
Author: Julia Quinn
31. "You were just a beautiful woman. Now you're my beautiful woman. What you got under your clothes is for me. No one else. They don't look. They don't touch. That's the deal. Yeah?"I stared at him, speechless, which was a good thing because if I had words, I would have said them so loudly the neighbors would hear."Now," he went on, either not feeling or not caring about the badder than bad vibes emanating from me directly toward him, "go put on a tank."That's when I found my words."Maybe I should go put on my ragged white dress and stone necklace and you can put on your leopard skin tunic and we can pedal in our stone car to the roadhouse before you go bowling with Barney and I go shopping with Betty, Fred."
Author: Kristen Ashley
32. "When you're not feeling holy, your loneliness says that you've sinned."
Author: Leonard Cohen
33. "If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
Author: Madame De Sévigné
34. "Anonymous dark hotel room, not one of Toreth's regular places. Anonymous hands on him, anonymous cock inside him. He liked it. He wanted it. Doing, not feeling. A safe, familiar thing and it was good. Or at least it stopped him thinking. When they had finished and were dressing, the man whose name he hadn't asked said, "Tell Warrick I said hello."Toreth nearly choked. "What?""After hearing his name so many times, I feel like I know him." He didn't have an answer to that."
Author: Manna Francis
35. "That's something Mary Lou Williams used to tell me: If you're not feeling right about what you're doing and you play a minor tune it all comes back, falls into place. I don't know if that's true, but I do it."
Author: Marian McPartland
36. "All great men are dead, and I'm not feeling too well myself"
Author: Mark Twain
37. "I was sorry to have my name mentioned as one of the great authors, because they have a sad habit of dying off. Chaucer is dead, Spencer is dead, so is Milton, so is Shakespeare, and I'm not feeling so well myself."
Author: Mark Twain
38. "Beauty is the enemy . We try to conquer not feeling beautiful all our lives. It's a battle that can't be won. There's no definition of beauty. The only way to achieve beauty is to feel it from inside without breaking down into individual physical attributes"
Author: Miley Cyrus
39. "I was still a newlywed and certainly wasn't to the point where I felt comfortable yelling, "I'm going to shit my pants any second!"But the sweating had started, which was followed by the tears. "I'm not feeling well, and need to get home," I told him."Ok, but I have to obey the speed limit because of all the kids in the neighborhood," he replied.I was pleading with him to hurry up when he came to a complete stop.I screamed at him, "Why are we stopping?"He rolled down the window. "Retreat."I could see the flag lowering in the distance, the beautiful orange sun setting behind it.In the opposite direction I could see the roof line of our home - so close, yet so far away.As Retreat played, I surrendered. I pooped my pants. I took one for the flag.Now that's patriotism."
Author: Mollie Gross
40. "If another body pulled that shit, I would've screamed blue murder. I would have gone at them with my nails and not stopped until they were a bloody mess at my feet. Then I would have gotten the cricket bat hidden under my bed and spent a few minutes feeling guilty about not feeling guilt as i beat the crap out of the intruder waiting for the police to arrive."
Author: Penelope Fletcher
41. "People like it when you tell them things, in suitable portions, in a modest, intimate tone, and they think they know you, but they do not, they know _about_ you, for what they are let in on are facts, not feelings, not what your opinion is about anything at all, not how what has happened to you and how all the decisions you have made have turned you into who you are. What they do is they fill in with their own feelings and opinions and assumptions, and they compose a new life which has precious little to do with yours, and that lets you off the hook. No-one can touch you unless you yourself want them to."
Author: Per Petterson
42. "Percy was not feeling the love."
Author: Rick Riordan
43. "I got bored of not feeling affectionate towards girls."
Author: Rod Stewart
44. "Where are my guards? (Wulf)Oh, one is right here, but he's not feeling very talkative. Death has a way of making even the chattiest of people rather quite. As for the other…he's…oh, wait, dead now. (Stryker)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
45. "I'm not feeling undertaxed. Tax reform is an important issue. You have to have an inherent sense of fairness."
Author: Stephen A. Schwarzman
46. "The pleasure of those who injure you lies in your pain. Therefore they will suffer if you take away their pleasure by not feeling pain."
47. "I'm going to grab something to eat," Lorelei said. "Would you like to come with me?""No, thank you. I think I'll just stay here with him." Gabriel slowly lowered his face to rest his chin upon the bed near Aaron's frighteningly still hand."I'm not feeling very hungry."
Author: Thomas E. Sniegoski
48. "People make me key chains... someone attached a Dauntless symbol to a silver pen. That one is what I use to sign books. I use that a lot. I like to keep them around because they remind me that people are waiting for these books and that they really love them. It gives me motivation in those times when I'm not feeling very motivated."
Author: Veronica Roth
49. "I know well that healing comes-if one is brave-from within, through profound resignation to suffering and death, through the surrender of your own will and of your self-love. But that is of no use to me; I love to paint, to see people and things and everything that makes our life-artificial, if you like. Yes, real life would be a different thing, but I do not belong to that category of souls who are ready to live and also at any moment to suffer. I am everything but courageous in sorrow, and everything but patient when I am not feeling well, though I have rather a good deal of patience in keeping to my work."
Author: Vincent Van Gogh
50. "I'm not feeling much pressure for the Olympics because I think I already have done many things in my career. I will try to enjoy my second Olympics."
Author: Yuna Kim
Quotes About Not Feeling Pictures