Famous Quotes About Not Forgetting Old Friends
Browse 20 famous quotes and sayings about Not Forgetting Old Friends.
Top Quotes About Not Forgetting Old Friends
1. "As the old saying went, the Manhattan Project wasn't built in a day. Or was that Rome? Something to do with Earth, anyway."
Author: Alastair Reynolds
2. "Every time I come home, and every time before I leave, I invite all my friends and I get hummus from this little shack in Tel Aviv called Baadunas."
Author: Bar Refaeli
3. "But my heart is an old house(the kind my mothergrew up in)hell to heat and cooland faulty in the wiringand though it's nice to look atI have no businessinviting lovers in."
Author: Clementine Von Radics
4. "Do I regret taking the company public? Yes and no. Yes, because it put us under enormous pressure for a young company to go public at that point in its history, something you never could have done in the old days."
Author: David Talbot
5. "Noel: A lot of people see friends as something you have on Twitter or Facebook or wherever. If someone wants to read your updates and you want to read their updates, then you're friends. You don't ever have to see each other. But that seems like a stupid definition to me. Roo: Yeah.Noel: Although on the other hand, rethink. Maybe a friend is someone who wants your updates. Even if they're boring. Or sad. Or annoyingly cutesy. A friend says, "Sign me up for your boring crap, yes indeed" – because he likes you anyway. He'll tolerate your junk. Roo: You have lots of friends. Noel: No, I don't. Roo: You do. You know everyone at school. You get invited to parties. Noel: I get invited to parties, yeah. And I know people. But I don't want their updates. Roo: Oh. Noel: And I sincerely doubt they want mine. Roo: I want your updates. Noel: I want your updates. (He looks down, bashfully.) I do. I want all your updates, Ruby."
Author: E. Lockhart
6. "Quietly Sophronia added, "And the soot on my dress, sir?""I didn't see anything." Professor Braithwope smiled down at her, showing a small hint of fang.Sophronia grinned back. "I'm glad we understand each other, sir."The vampire looked out into the night. "This is the right finishing school for you, isn't it, whot?""Yes sir, I think it might very well be.""A piece of advice, Miss Temminnick?""Sir?""It is a great skill to have friends in low places. They, too, have things to teach you.""Now, sir, I thought you didn't see any soot."
Author: Gail Carriger
7. "As the old saying goes, I was simply looking for fan love, in Alderaan places."
Author: George Takei
8. "I try to greet my friends with a drink in my hand, a warm smile on my face, and great music in the background, because that's what gets a dinner party off to a fun start."
Author: Ina Garten
9. "I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led. And through the air, I am he that walks unseen.I am the clue-finder, the web-cutter, the stinging fly. I was chosen for the lucky number.I am he that buries his friends alive and drowns them and draws them alive again from the water. I came from the end of a bag, but no bag went over me.I am the friend of bears and the guest of eagles. I am Ringwinner and Luckwearer; and I am Barrel-rider."
Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
10. "But by the time Madeleine reached the age that Alwyn had been then, she realized that her sister's iconoclasm and liberationist commitments had just been part of a trend. Alwyn had done the things she had done and voiced the political opinions she'd voiced because all her friends were acting and talking the same way."
Author: Jeffrey Eugenides
11. "If you're still not convinced, watch what you say, because I've been in therapy since I was five. My mother started me at such a young age because I was really angry at my dad, and it was coming out in the form of night terrors. Therapy literally changed my life, and I've been in it pretty much ever since. Because of my years on the couch, I've gotten to know my dark side, and I've learned how to keep it in check. At this point my self-destructive behaviors are like old enemies that I've done battle with again and again—I know all the angles, all the moves I need to dodge them and prevent them from fucking up my life."
Author: Jillian Michaels
12. "The South: What is this place? What's different about it? Is it different anymore? Good questions. Old ones, too. People have been asking them for decades. Some of us even make our living by asking them, but we still don't agree about the answers."
Author: John Shelton Reed
13. "Karma is often wrongly confused with the notion of a fixed destiny. It is more like an accumulation of tendencies that can lock us into particular behavior patterns, which themselves result in further accumulations of tendencies of a similar nature... But is is not necessary to be a prisoner of old karma."
Author: Jon Kabat Zinn
14. "I'd be grateful if you'd say anything, true or not, because I ran out of ideas...responsible or irresponsible, true or not, years ago. Stick your stainless steel spoon in this unhappy old man's brains Doctor...and stir."
Author: Kurt Vonnegut
15. "Going out at night the medics gave you pills, Dexedrine breath like dead snakes kept too long in a jar. [...] I knew one 4th division Lurp who took his pills by the fistful, downs from the left pocket of his tiger suit and ups from the right, one to cut the trail for him and the other to send him down it. He told me that they cooled things out just right for him, that could see that old jungle at night like he was looking at it through a starlight scope. "They sure give you the range," he said."
Author: Michael Herr
16. "Takes us the farther distance from the Old World to something new and revolutionary in human thought. That moral center, however, is hard to find with modern eyes. Locating it requires"
Author: Niccolò Machiavelli
17. "I made the choice to be vegan because I will not eat (or wear, or use) anything that could have an emotional response to its death or captivity. I can well imagine what that must feel like for our non-human friends - the fear, the terror, the pain - and I will not cause such suffering to a fellow living being."
Author: Rai Aren
18. "Peter returned to Russia determined to remold his country along Western lines. The old Muscovite state, isolated and introverted for centuries, would reach out to Europe and open itself to Europe. In a sense, the flow of effect was circular: the West affected Peter, the Tsar had a powerful impact upon Russia, and Russia, modernized and emergent, had a new and greater influence on Europe. For all three, therefore—Peter, Russia and Europe—the Great Embassy was a turning point."
Author: Robert K. Massie
19. "One day—when the emperor had come to call on his uncle the cardinal—our worthy priest happened to be waiting as his Majesty went by. Noticing that the old man looked at him with a certain curiosity, Napoleon turned around and said brusquely, ‘Who is this good man looking at me?'‘Sire,' replied M. Myriel, "you are looking at a good man, and I at a great one. May we both be the better for it."That evening the emperor asked the cardinal the priest's name, Still later, M. Myriel was totally surprised to learn he had been appointed Bishop of Digne."
Author: Victor Hugo
20. "HIS chosen comrades thought at schoolHe must grow a famous man;He thought the same and lived by rule,All his twenties crammed with toil;'What then?' sang Plato's ghost. 'What then?'Everything he wrote was read,After certain years he wonSufficient money for his need,Friends that have been friends indeed;'What then?' sang Plato's ghost. ' What then?'All his happier dreams came true --A small old house, wife, daughter, son,Grounds where plum and cabbage grew,poets and Wits about him drew;'What then.?' sang Plato's ghost. 'What then?'The work is done,' grown old he thought,'According to my boyish plan;Let the fools rage, I swerved in naught,Something to perfection brought';But louder sang that ghost, 'What then?"
Author: W.B. Yeats
Quotes About Not Forgetting Old Friends Pictures