Famous Quotes About Not Raising Your Voice
Browse 18 famous quotes and sayings about Not Raising Your Voice.
Top Quotes About Not Raising Your Voice
1. "Listen. Slide the weight from your shoulders and move forward. You are afraid you might forget, but you never will. You will forgive and remember."
Author: Barbara Kingsolver
2. "I love you." His voice was straightforward, affectionate. "You make me remember who I used to be. You make me want to be that man again. Right now, holding you, I feel like we have a shot at beating all odds and making it together. I'm yours, if you'll have me."
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
3. "Levi," Maria called. "Come back. We're not finished yet."He paused"What, Maria?""You asked me what I believe in? I believed in you."He nodded his head sadly. "Yes, you did. And before you met me, you believed in nothing. But that's the thing with belief, Maria. It's easy to believe in something when it doesn't require anything from you. It's much harder, though, when the object of your belief requires something of you or asks for something you don't want to give. That's when real belief occurs."
Author: Brian Keene
4. "Men never fail to dwell on maternity as a disqualification for the possession of many civil and political rights. Suggest the idea of women having a voice in making laws and administering the Government in the halls of legislation, in Congress, or the British Parliament, and men will declaim at once on the disabilities of maternity in a sneering contemptuous way, as if the office of motherhood was undignified and did not comport with the highest public offices in church and state. It is vain that we point them to Queen Victoria, who has carefully reared a large family, while considering and signing..."
Author: Elizabeth Cady Stanton
5. "The bulls are my best friends."I translated to Brett."You kill your friends?" she asked."Always," he said in English, and laughed. "So they don't kill me."
Author: Ernest Hemingway
6. "Our work is not to change what you do, but to witness what you do with enough awareness, enough curiosity, enough tenderness that the lies and old decisions upon which the compulsion is based become apparent and fall away. When you no longer believe that eating will save your life when you feel exhausted or overwhelmed or lonely, you will stop. When you believe in yourself more than you believe in food, you will stop using food as if it were your only chance at not falling apart. When the shape of your body no longer matches the shape of your beliefs, the weight disappears. (p. 80-81)"
Author: Geneen Roth
7. "Here's what I'd love to see: A vending machine that dispenses cats for petting on your lunch break. Instead of money, the machine accepts hugs."
Author: Jarod Kintz
8. "Would you have done that in his place? Would you have left him and gone on?""Of course I would!" Halt replied immediately. But something in his voice rang false and Horse looked at him, raising one eyebrow. He'd waited a long time for an opportunity to use that expression of disbelief on Halt.After a pause, the Ranger's anger subsided."All right. Perhaps I wouldn't," he admitted. Then he glared at Horace. "And stop raising that eyebrow on me. You can't even do it properly. Your other eyebrow moves with it!"
Author: John Flanagan
9. "Next Clay gave the house rules for living with theSorrentinos , which sounded a lot like the TenCommandments. Thou shall not lie, steal anything, kill anyone, disrespect your hosts or covetany of Nick's girlfriends. And if you break the rules, you'll get your ass kicked and handed to youin pieces—a part I suspect God left out."
Author: Kelley Armstrong
10. "Nathan looked at both of us. "Wait a second, did I miss something?"I could feel my cheeks turn pink. "Well…""I guess you could say that I'm kind of falling for your sister," said Duncan with a sheepish grin. "I hope you're okay with it."Nathan smiled. "I'm fine with it. Now I won't be the only guy who has to suffer her P.M.S."
Author: Kristen Middleton
11. "I recalled the hundreds of occasions when life had died within me only to be reborn. I remembered that I only lived during those times when I believed in God. Then, as now, I said to myself: I have only to believe in God in order to live. I have only to disbelieve in Him, or to forget Him, in order to die. What are these deaths and rebirths? It is clear that I do not live when I lose belief in God's existence, and I should have killed myself long ago, were it not for a dim hope of finding Him. What then is it you are seeking? a voice exclaimed inside me. There He is! He, without whom it is impossible to live. To know God and to live are one and the same thing. God is life.‘Live in search of God and there will be no life without God!' And more powerfully than ever before everything within and around me came to light, and the light has not deserted me since."
Author: Leo Tolstoy
12. "If you want to go beyond that small percentage of people who are already environmentally and scientifically aware, you have to make your work somehow link with a passion, interest, or profession of someone who isn't interested in science or nature."
Author: Nalini Nadkarni
13. "We are always living in the final days. What have you got? A hundred years or much, much less until the end of your world."
Author: Neil Gaiman
14. "Do your bit to save humanity from lapsing back into barbarity by reading all the novels you can."
Author: Richard Hughes
15. "His mood changing again, Griffin sighed. Voice still agitated, but quieter than before, he told me, 'Yeah, we started going at it. I had both girls primed, panties on the floor, dying to jump me, but all I could think about was Anna.' Raising his hands in the air, his voice picked up strength and volume, 'I didn't want to fuck either of those girls because I'm in love with your fucking sister! Are you happy now, bitch! I'm fucking whipped...just like these other pussies.' He indicated his band mates."
Author: S.C. Stephens
16. "My parents were political, so it's definitely in my bones. Wherever I am, I always seem to get involved with politics. I think, once it's in your bloodstream, it's always there. I love it."
Author: Saffron Burrows
17. "Want to make today a great day? Learn something new, reconnect with a light from your past, right a wrong, serve someone incapable of repaying you, smile at your own image and thank God for who you are and all that you have."
Author: Toni Sorenson
18. "I suspect that with men like General Petraeus, where honor means something - losing your life is secondary to losing your honor."
Author: Trey Gowdy
Quotes About Not Raising Your Voice Pictures