Famous Quotes About Not Supposed To Love You
Browse 13 famous quotes and sayings about Not Supposed To Love You.
Top Quotes About Not Supposed To Love You
1. "Laurel rolled her eyes. "Now there?s something I really wanted to know " she said sarcastically. "Ah come on—everyone wonders." "Do not " "Sure. I?ve always wondered what kind of a kisser David is." "Um that?s one of those questions you?re not supposed to ask." Chelsea laughed. "I didn?t ask. I just said I?ve always wondered." "That?s asking." "Is not." She leaned back against her headboard. "?Course you could tell me anyway." "Chelsea " "What I told you." "I didn?t ask." "Technicality." "I?m not telling." "That?s code for he sucks." "He does not suck." "Aha " Laurel sighed. "You are so weird." "Yeah " Chelsea said with a grin tossing her springy curls. "But you love me." Laurel laughed. "Yes I do." She leaned over and tipped her head onto Chelsea?s shoulder. "And I?m glad you?re happy."
Author: Aprilynne Pike
2. "Am I a liar in your eyes?" he asked passionately. "Little skeptic, you shall be convinced. What love have I for Miss Ingram? None: and that you know. What love has she for me? None: as I have taken pains to prove; I caused a rumor to reach her that my fortune was not a third of what was supposed, and after that I presented myself to see the result; it was coldness both from her and her mother. I would not-I could not-marry Miss Ingram. You-you strange-you almost unearthly thing!-I love as my own flesh. You-poor and obscure, and small and plain as you are-I entreat to accept me as a husband."
Author: Charlotte Brontë
3. "Does P-Jamie... like me?"Malcolm blinked. This was clearly not the kind of dirt he'd been expecting."I mean,like me, like me." I clarified quickly. "What are you? Twelve?" he asked, incredulous."You aren't supposed to make fun of me!" I scolded."You never said you were going to act like a teenybopper. That's a special circumstance. Any judge would agree.""Fine." I started to rise. "Like I said, forget I asked.""Wait, Amy. Sit down," he said with a sigh. Malcolm was leaning his fits against the wood, staring down at his knuckles. I sat. "What?"He didn't look up. "This is all just between us, right?""Yeah.""I wouldn't say he likes you.""Oh." Oh. Of course not. How stupid of me. How ridiculous, really-"He's pretty much in love with you."
Author: Diana Peterfreund
4. "It is only that people are far more different than is pretended. All over the world men and women are worrying because they cannot develop as they are supposed to develop. Here and there they have the matter out, and it comforts them. Don't fret yourself, Helen. Develop what you have; love your child. I do not love children. I am thankful to have none. I can play with their beauty and charm, but that is all - nothing real, not one scrap of what there ought to be. And others - others go farther still, and move outside humanity altogether. A place, as well as a person, may catch the glow. Don't you see that all this leads to comfort in the end? It is part of the battle against sameness. Differences - eternal differences, planted by God in a single family, so that there may always be colour; sorrow, perhaps, but colour in the daily grey."
Author: E.M. Forster
5. "In a dating and courtship relationship, I would not have you spend five minutes with someone who belittles you, one who is constantly critical of you, one who is cruel at your expense and may even call it humor. Life is tough enough without the person who is supposed to love you leading the assault on your self-esteem, your sense of dignity, your confidence, and your joy. In this person's care, you deserve to feel physically safe and emotionally secure."
Author: Jeffrey R. Holland
6. "She looked into Matt's eyes. 'Even so, I love you.'Matt smiled at her and winked. 'I know.'Celeste and Julie both smacked him. 'This would be an appropriate time not to be a dork or a smartass,' Julie said.Celeste popped her head into the front seat. 'Be the hero, Matty. Come on. You're supposed to be the hero now. The romantic lead.''I know that, too,' he said. Matt did not hesitate a moment longer. 'Julie, I love you. I absolutely love you.''Good,' Celeste said, satisfied. 'Now it's time to jump."
Author: Jessica Park
7. "Darling,You asked me to write you a letter, so I am writing you a letter. I do not know why I am writing you this letter, or what this letter is supposed to be about, but I am writing it nonetheless, because I love you very much and trust that you have some good purpose for having me write this letter. I hope that one day you will have the experience of doing something you do not understand for someone you love.Your father"
Author: Jonathan Safran Foer
8. "The letter was destroyed, but its final paragraph is inside of me. She wrote, I wish I could be a girl again, with the chance to live my life again. I have suffered so much more than I needed to. And the joys I have felt have not always been joyous. I could have lived differently. When I was your age, my grandfather gought me a ruby bracelet. It was too big for me and would slide up and down my arm. It was almost a necklace. He later told me that he had asked the jeweler to make it that way. Its size was supposed to be a symbol of his love. More rubies, more love. But I could not wear it comfortably. I could not wear it at all. So here is the point of everything I have been trying to say. If I were to give a bracelet to you, now, I would measure your wrist twice."
Author: Jonathan Safran Foer
9. "Did you fall in love with her?""I care about her. A lot.""You're not supposed to marry someone if you don't fall in love with her.""Well, love is a choice, too."Holly shook her head. "I think it's something that happens to you."Mark smiled into her small, earnest face. "Maybe it's both," he said, and tucked her in."
Author: Lisa Kleypas
10. "Shall I show you the half-dozen other rooms in this hospital where these scenes are repeated? And what of the other hospitals? Printing House Square is small and tame. Even in the private institutions uptown you can see a show just like this: there is nothing as disgusting as an obese cadaver in which all the futile pleasures of many years finally arise to fill it full-blown with stinking rotten gases. The city is burning and under siege. And we are in a war in which everyone is killed and no one is remembered.""What am I supposed to do, then," Peter Lake asked, "if it's like you say?""Is there someone you love?""Yes.""A woman?""Yes.""Then go home to her.""And who will remember her?""No one. That's just the point. You must take care of all that now."
Author: Mark Helprin
11. "I hate this fear. I hate this. I hate this world.I hate it that nobody needs me.I don't own this world.I've had enough. It's not supposed to be my fault. Only now..Only now that I realized..I hate this world now,living in this world where ‘promise', ‘bond' and ‘eternity' don't exist,and living in a world full fo strangers is a very, very scary thing.Scared that there's no guarantee that I'll be loved.You can't be living with people surrounding you forever. You just cant.The world is too scary.- Akito"
Author: Natsuki Takaya
12. "Goodwill shouldn't be just for men. It should also apply to women and children, and all animals, even the yucky ones like subway rats. I'd even extend the goodwill not just to living creatures but to the dearly departed, and if we include them, we might as well include the undead, those supposedly mythic beings like vampires, and if they're in, then so are elves, fairies, and gnomes. Heck, since we're already being so generous in our big group hug, why not also embrace those supposedly inanimate objects like dolls and stuffed animals (special shout-out to my Ariel mermaid, who presides over the shabby chic flower power pillow on my bed - love you, girl!). I'm sure Santa would agree. Goodwill to all."
Author: Rachel Cohn
13. "I love you, Roza." He kissed me again. "I'll always be here for you. I'm not going to let anything happen to you." The words were wonderful and dangerous. He shouldn't have said anything like that to me. He shouldn't have been promising he'd protect me, not when he was supposed to dedicate his life to protecting Moroi like Lissa. I couldn't be first in his heart, just like he couldn't be first in mine. That was why I shouldn't have said what I said next-but I did anyway. "And I won't let anything happen to you," I promised. "I love you." He kissed me again, swallowing off any other words I might have added."
Author: Richelle Mead
Quotes About Not Supposed To Love You Pictures