Famous Quotes About Nova
Browse 717 famous quotes and sayings about Nova.
Top Quotes About Nova
1. "What drives innovation is abundance and ease, not the pressure of scarcity."
Author: Adam Gopnik
2. "The innovative spirit was America's strongest attribute, transforming everything into a brave new world, but there lingered an insecurity about the arts."
Author: Arthur Erickson
3. "Space offers extraordinary potential for commerce and adventure, for new innovations and new tests of will. As Americans, we can't help but reach for the stars. It's our nature. It's our destiny."
Author: Bill Frist
4. "Ništa ne traje u ovom svetu, cak ni kraljevi. Kraljevi su samo glina, a zatim prašina. Kao i gradovi. Natpisne ploce takode postaju prah; prava istorija nikad nije zapisana recima u glini — ona ostaje neizgovorena, samo nemi zapisi na koži, price ispricane prstima u mekim, izgubljenim nocima. Ali reci u glini mogu se umnožiti, iznova i iznova, nadživljavajuci secanja. Mrtvi mogu da govore glinenim glasovima."
Author: Bojan Veljanov
5. "Deus nos concede, a cada dia, uma página de vida nova no livro do tempo. Aquilo que colocarmos nela, corre por nossa conta."
Author: Chico Xavier
6. "Evening. The dead sheathed in the earth's crust and turning the slow diurnal of the earth's wheel, at peace with eclipse, asteroid, the dusty novae, their bones brindled with mold and the celled marrow going to frail stone, turning, their fingers laced with root, at one with Tut and Agamemnon, with the seed and the unborn."
Author: Cormac McCarthy
7. "The movie industry is committed to working with the technology sector to find innovative new ways to deliver entertainment to consumers."
Author: Dan Glickman
8. "Belief in your creative capacity lies at the heart of innovation."
Author: David Kelley
9. "Casanova Emlékirataiból: Amikor Buddha, évszázadokkal ezeleott rávilágított, hogy hangyaalakban kell tovább élnem, a következo szörnyu gondolat nyomasztott leginkább: soha többé nem lehetek aktív részese szenvedélyes, szerelmetes éjszakáknak."
Author: David Safier
10. "Measures of self-government and a school council, especially for such young children, were a great innovation."
Author: Dora Russell
11. "What has impressed me the most about the Italians whose tables we've sat at is that they are traditional cooks but also outrageously innovative. These people are wild improvisers."
Author: Frances Mayes
12. "Kombinace dvou rizikových vlivu predisponuje k težkým podobám násilného chování i v dalším vekovém období. Nejzávažnejší kombinací rizikových vlivu je pokus matky o potrat kombinovaný s výchovou chlapce v kojeneckém ústavu v prubehu 1. roku života."
Author: František Koukolík
13. "Local innovation and initiative can help us better understand how to protect our environment."
Author: Gale Norton
14. "A noble purpose inspires sacrifice, stimulates innovation and encourages perseverance."
Author: Gary Hamel
15. "Fact is, inventing an innovative business model is often mostly a matter of serendipity."
Author: Gary Hamel
16. "Like a child star whose fame fades as the years advance, many once-innovative companies become less so as they mature."
Author: Gary Hamel
17. "San Francisco has long been a leader in the arts, nurturing generations of painters, sculptors, poets, novelists, playwrights, film-makers, and performing artists and innovators of every kind."
Author: Gavin Newsom
18. "Innovative solutions to new challenges seldom come from familiar places"
Author: Gyan Nagpal
19. "Dr. Ross told me that when it comes to people there are basically two extremes and then everyone else in the middle. He said that the two extremes – in astrological terms – are like black holes and supernova. A black hole is so dense (has so much gravity) that the speed required to escape the gravitational pull of the star (escape velocity) is in excess of the speed of light. Therefore no light can escape it. On the other side of the spectrum is the supernova. A supernova is created when the core of a massive star collapses. This sudden collapse causes the star to lose equilibrium and explode. So in other words, a black hole keeps all the light and good stuff in while a supernova explodes and lets everything out. It provides intense light and all the building blocks for life in the universe. All the stuff that is necessary for the formation of new stars and planets like the one we inhabit. The supernova is much like the mythical Phoenix – hope rising up out of the ashes."
Author: J.W. Lord
20. "The man who is possessed of wealth, who lolls on his sofa, or rolls in his carriage, cannot judge of the wants or feelings of the day laborer. The government we mean to erect is intended to last for ages. ... unless wisely provided against, what will become of your government? In England, at this day, if elections were open to all classes of people, the property of the landed proprietors would be insecure. An agrarian law would soon take place. If these observations be just, our government ought to secure the permanent interests of the country against innovation. Landholders ought to have a share in the government, to support these invaluable interests, and to balance and check the other. They ought to be so constituted as to protect the minority of the opulent against the majority. The senate, therefore, ought to be this body; and to answer these purposes..."
Author: James Madison
21. "Donovan Caine wanted me, but he wasn't strong enough to accept me. Not my past, not my strength, not the woman I was. Bitter disappointment filled me, replacing my rage, but I forced myself to ask the final question I wanted an answer to..."
Author: Jennifer Estep
22. "But there was nothing I could do to dim the supernovae exploding inside my brain, an endless chain of intra cranial firecrackers"
Author: John Green
23. "Like a shot from a movie, the morning sun shone brilliantly around him like a god—his dark hair glinted warmly in the light, and his eyes gleamed bluer than the south Pacific Ocean.Taylor's mind went blank. And suddenly, she couldn't remember why the hell she ever had been angry with Jason Andrews.But then he spoke."Sleeping in this morning, Ms. Donovan?" he drawled.Moment over."
Author: Julie James
24. "America demands invention and innovation to succeed."
Author: Kit Bond
25. "As technology changes the way we communicate, connect, create, consume and innovate, it is democratizing access to opportunity. Education is no exception."
Author: Laura Arrillaga Andreessen
26. "There are 20 million unemployed and what does the Constitution offer us in the Europe of 25, 27 and soon to be 30: policies of unrestricted competition to the detriment of production, wages, research and innovation."
Author: Laurent Fabius
27. "Innovation," he wrote, "is rarely about a big idea; more usually it's about a series of small ideas brought together in a new and better way."
Author: Leander Kahney
28. "A conscience that is forbidden to operate in the choice of goals for economic activity is not conscience in the sense in which any moralist, pagan or Christian, has every understood the term. And the family (which [Michael] Novak regards as vital to the spirit of democratic capitalism) is precisely the place where the noncapitalist values have to be learned, where one is not free to choose his company and where one is not free to pursue self-interest to the limit. Because capitalism pursues the opposite goals - freedom of each individual to choose and pursue his own ends to the limit of his power - the disintegration of marriage and family life is one of the obvious characteristics of advanced capitalist societies."
Author: Lesslie Newbigin
29. "But Mather's smile faded as he thought of what other provisions the charter contained. What would the godly say when they learned that the electorate was no longer to be limited to members of the Covenant but broadened to include propertied members of every Christian sect this side of papistry? This was a revolutionary innovation, whose consequences would be incalculable. Hitherto the limitation of the privilege of voting to the elect had been the very corner-stone of theocracy. It had been a wise and human provision designed to keep the faithful in control even when, as had long ago become the case, they were heavily outnumbered by lesser men without the Covenant. God who had not designated the majority of men to salvation surely never intended for the damned to rule. Yet now, under the new charter, it very much looked as if they might."
30. "(Productive Workers + Innovative Products = Industry Leadership, no?)"
Author: Max DePree
31. "Ni za jednu životnu stazu ne postoji vodic, svaka je neispitana, neponovljiva, zato je u životu avantura pravilo, a ne izuzetak, jer je putovanje kroz neispitane predjele, koje niko poslije nas ne može ponoviti, sve se staze potiru, uvijek nanovo se stvara nova konfiguracija, uvijek se ukazuje drugi pejzaž, druga klima, za svakog posebno. Zato moram da budem svoj vlastiti vodic, prvi i posljednji putnik na putu kojim samo ja mogu proci. Lako cu pregaziti opasne bujice ne gazeci ni do clanaka, ili cu se udaviti u smiješnom potocicu, kao niko. Ali ne mogu da cekam, ne mogu da stojim, i sve cu vidjeti tek kad se desi."
Author: Meša Selimović
32. "You know," said Jehangir, breaking the silence, "it's only Muslims who use the term 'innovation' to mean something bad."
Author: Michael Muhammad Knight
33. "Handling and use by able minds give value to a language, not so much by innovating as by filling it out with more vigorous and varied services, by stretching and bending it."
Author: Michel De Montaigne
34. "One of the most brilliant Russian writers of the twentieth century, Yevgeny Zamyatin belongs to the tradition in Russian literature represented by Gogol, Leskov, Bely, Remizov, and, in certain aspects of their work, also by Babel and Bulgakov. It is a tradition, paradoxically, of experimenters and innovators. Perhaps the principal quality that unites them is their approach to reality and its uses in art - the refusal to be bound by literal fact, the interweaving of reality and fantasy, the transmutation of fact into poetry, often grotesque, oblique, playful, but always expressive of the writer's unique vision of life in his own, unique terms."
Author: Mirra Ginsburg
35. "Noseci svoju melanholiju dostojanstveno kao plašt i obavezno kao torbicu, rijetko sam bila u društvu svojih vršnjaka nošenih talasima mladosti, ludosti i snova. Moja duša je zavicaj nalazila u noci, vjetru, zvijezdama."
Author: Nura Bazdulj Hubijar
36. "Ask yourself these three questions, Tatiana Metanova, and you will know who you are. Ask: What do believe in? What do you hope for? What do you love?"
Author: Paullina Simons
37. "You cannot simply put more money into the same system and get better results, so we will need to reform and innovate in the delivery of education."
Author: Rob McKenna
38. "For all our current troubles, Americans are still the hardest working, most innovative people on the face of the earth. By trusting the American people, instead of government, we'll continue to surprise and inspire the world."
Author: Rob Portman
39. "I am billionaire bold bright omnipotent lively determined to go within to win opening my omnific eyes to realize wisdom innovation naturalizes…My cascading flow of financial love lavishly streams gold bars as I realize gold is intrinsic wealth as my intuitive imagination is my intrinsic innovations…"
Author: Robert A. Wilson
40. "Americans understand that one of our great national strengths is innovation. Great innovators - Benjamin Franklin, Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, and others - are household names."
Author: Robert Hormats
41. "Companies that are made up of clusters of leaders will actually accelerate their growth by speeding up their rate of innovation as their competition pulls back, build better teams by investing in people while their rivals shrink training budgets, and pick up top talent as their industry peers lay people off. And so fast companies get that unsettling times are actually gifts for them and periods to get so far ahead of the competition that they can never catch up."
Author: Robin S. Sharma
42. "Generation Y are everything you feared. They're everything your worst nightmares conjured up. They're lazy, apathetic, unoriginal, scared of innovation, scared of difference, just plain scared. They binge drink. The confuse sex for intimacy. They definitely couldn't tell you the capital cities of more than five countries. And they really think that Justin Bieber is the Second Coming. Only fifty per cent of Generation Y own more than two books and, yes, they listen to music, but they download it from the internet because content is free, yo. Want, take, have is their battle cry. Ladies and gentlemen, this is my generation and my generation is royally screwed up."
Author: Sarra Manning
43. "The kind of environment that we developed Google in, the reason that we were able to develop a search engine, is the web was so open. Once you get too many rules, that will stifle innovation."
Author: Sergey Brin
44. "L'arte è memoria, Edgar. Non c'è modo più semplice di dirlo. Più è limpida la memoria, migliore è l'arte. Più pura. Questi quadri...mi spezzano il cuore e poi me lo restituiscono rinnovato."
Author: Stephen King
45. "Above us, stars. Beneath us, constellations.Five billion miles away, a galaxy dieslike a snowflake falling on water. Below us, some farmer, feeling the chill of that distant death, snaps on his yard light, drawing his sheds and barnback into the little system of his care.All night, the cities, like shimmering novas, tug with bright streets at lonely lights like his."
Author: Ted Kooser
46. "Do you know what my favorite renewable fuel is? An ecosystem for innovation."
Author: Thomas Friedman
47. "And whether or not the educators who are trying to raise up America's students can actually set and meet higher academic standards, our cultural values make their job next to impossible. It's so much easier for pundits and politicians to point out figures and blame the people who are in the trenches every day than it is to get in there with them, or even to find out what actually goes on in those trenches. It's so much easier for parents to blame teachers when their kids get in trouble than to do the heavy lifting required at home to keep kids on track. And it's so much easier for us as a nation to cross our fingers and hope that we'll "get lucky" with the innovative "solutions" being tested on America's schools today than it is for us to roll up our sleeves and invest our own time, talent, and money in the schools that are even now-- with or without us-- shaping our nation's future."
Author: Tony Danza
48. "The best and most innovative products don't always win...(it's an) aesthetic flaw in how the universe worked"
Author: Walter Isaacson
49. "One must recently have lived on or close to a college campus to have a vivid intimation of what has happened. It is there that we see how a number of energetic social innovators, plugging their grand designs, succeeded over the years in capturing the liberal intellectual imagination. And since ideas rule the world, the ideologues, having won over the intellectual class, simply walked in and started to run things. Run just about everything. There never was an age of conformity quite like this one, or a camaraderie quite like the Liberals'."
Author: William F. Buckley Jr.
50. "Mogao bih biti zatvoren u orahovoj ljusci iDržati, da sam kralj beskrajnog prostora; kad samo ne Bih imao ružnih snova"
Author: William Shakespeare
Quotes About Nova Pictures