Famous Quotes About Nylon
Browse 14 famous quotes and sayings about Nylon.
Top Quotes About Nylon
1. "What I saw had no solidity, it was all made of mist and nylon, with nothing behind."
Author: Anna Kavan
2. "Human beings would split the atom and invent television, nylon, and instant coffee before they could figure out the age of their own planet."
Author: Bill Bryson
3. "I have loved you womanas surely as I have named yourust and sand and nylon."
Author: Charles Bukowski
4. "All gut strings. That's just the first kind of guitar I played, it was a nylon string guitar. And to me, it's the purest form of guitar making, and I just enjoy doing it."
Author: Guy Clark
5. "These cities grew in approximately the same places as our cities do now, however different the shape of the continents was. There was even a New York that in some way resembled the New York familiar to all of you, but was much newer, or, rather, more awash with new products, new toothbrushes, a New York with its own Manhattan that stretched out dense with skyscrapers gleaming like the nylon bristles of a brand-new toothbrush."
Author: Italo Calvino
6. "I want to be in the Guinness Book of World Record's for something ridiculous like juggling poison-tipped porcupines, playing the piano blindfolded while tightrope walking in tights, or throwing a rubber ball in a circular rim adorned with a dangling white nylon net."
Author: Jarod Kintz
7. "The family which takes its mauve an cerise, air-conditioned, power-steered and power-braked automobile out for a tour passes through cities that are badly paved, made hideous by litter, lighted buildings, billboards and posts for wires that should long since have been put underground. They pass on into countryside that has been rendered largely invisible by commercial art. (The goods which the latter advertise have an absolute priority in our value system. Such aesthetic considerations as a view of the countryside accordingly come second. On such matters we are consistent.) They picnic on exquisitely packaged food from a portable icebox by a polluted stream and go on to spend the night at a park which is a menace to public health and morals. Just before dozing off on an air mattress, beneath a nylon tent, amid the stench of decaying refuse, they may reflect vaguely on the curious unevenness of their blessings. Is this, indeed, the American genius?"
Author: John Kenneth Galbraith
8. "Being part of 'Natural Nylon' is a great way to have an influence on the films that get out there. I love films and it gives me an input."
Author: Jonny Lee Miller
9. "She didn't drink a lot, but she drank me into wonderland where we spent the time giggling and laughing. However, know this if you are able or leave while you still can. Love is unstable when built on what must come and go with the wind and sand.After awhile, I heard the increasing activity from the hall as the campus was starting to come alive and I said to Penny, "I think we need to get to the bistro" and she responded by slipping one brown shoe delicately over her white nylon socking."
Author: Joseph Persia
10. "Así por la escritura bajo al volcán, me acerco a las Madres, me conecto con el Centro –sea lo que sea. Escribir es dibujar mi mándala y a la vez recorrerlo, inventar la purificación purificándose; tarea de pobre shamán blanco con calzoncillos de nylon."
Author: Julio Cortázar
11. "Between Friday evening and Sunday afternoon, I broke into a total of six offices, one penthouse suite and a small bank, and cursed them all. I cursed the stones they were built on, the bricks in their walls, the paint on their ceilings, the carpets on their floors. I cursed the nylon chairs to give their owners little electric shocks, I cursed the markers to squeak on the whiteboard, the hinges to rust, the glass to run, the windows to stick, the fans to whir, the chairs to break, the computers to crash, the papers to crease, the pens to smear; I cursed the pipes to leak, the coolers to drip, the pictures to sag, the phones to crackle and the wires to spark. And we enjoyed it."
Author: Kate Griffin
12. "One moment, she was wearing clothing, and the next moment, she was wearing a bikini. Fifty percent of the world was brown skin and fifty percent was orange nylon. From the Mona Lisa smile on Orla's lips, it was clear she was pleased to finally be allowed to demonstrate her true talents.A tiny part of Gansey's brain said: You have been staring for too long. The larger part of his brain said: ORANGE."
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
13. "Avery turned and smiled. "There's a huge party tonight, and you're invited. We're celebrating New Year's in style."I looked down at my sling. "I don't know. Navy-blue nylon isn't exactly a trend."
Author: Mara Purnhagen
14. "Hiro's father, who was stationed in Japan for many years, was obsessed with cameras. He kept bringing them back from his stints in the Far East, encased in many protective layers, so that when he took them out to show Hiro, it was like watching an exquisite striptease as they emerged from all that black leather and nylon, zippers and straps. And once the lens was finally exposed, pure geometric equation made real, so powerful and vulnerable at once, Hiro could only think it was like nuzzling through skirts and lingerie and outer labia and inner labia ... It made him feel naked and weak and brave."
Author: Neal Stephenson
Quotes About Nylon Pictures