Famous Quotes About Online Friends
Browse 11 famous quotes and sayings about Online Friends.
Top Quotes About Online Friends
1. "Rather than bringing me closer to others, the time that I spend online isolates me from the most important people in my life, my family, my friends, my neighbourhood, my community."
Author: Clifford Stoll
2. "A fixation with connecting with 'friends' online comes with the risk of disconnection with friends waiting for you to be present in the offline world."
Author: Craig Hodges
3. "Kids are finding out about the potential for discovery online from other sources; many of them have computers at home, for instance, or their friends have them."
Author: Daniel Greenberg
4. "Whether people want to do business or sell things online, reach new people and be found, showcase their achievements, or communicate with their friends or family, Weebly is the best way for them to create a high-quality site that meets their goals."
Author: David Rusenko
5. "I dislike the phrase "Internet friends," because it implies that people you know online aren't really your friends, that somehow the friendship is less real or meaningful to you because it happens through Skype or text messages. The measure of a friendship is not its physicality but its significance. Good friendships, online or off, urge us toward empathy; they give us comfort and also pull us out of the prisons of our selves."
Author: John Green
6. "I have more online contacts than I can count. I make about one hundred connections a day. I have access to millions of people. I use to think that I had friends in these numbers. But virtual friends are like stars stretched out in the sky. They're out there, they exist, and I can imagine what they're like, but we'll never meet. We all just co-exist in this vast universe with a length of space between us."
Author: Katie Kacvinsky
7. "Online friends networks and dating sites, like the coffeehouse, are responding to the needs of introverts. We can write, not talk. We can get to the good stuff, and we can press delete as needed."
Author: Laurie A. Helgoe
8. "No one can get reall drunk on a novle or a painting, but who can help getting drunk on Beethoven's night, Bartok's Sonata for two Pianos and percussion or the Beatles' White Album? He loved mozart as much as rock. He considered music a liberating force, it liberated him from lonliness, introversion, the dust of the library; it opened the door of hi body and allowed his soul to step out into the world to make friends, He loved to dance an regretted that Sabina did not share his passionpg 92-93"
Author: Milan Kundera
9. "I support any means to make real connections so long as that it does lead really quickly to real connections. It's the long-term online friendships and relationships that start to get a little hairy."
Author: Nev Schulman
10. "We and others have done a bunch of work to show that if your real friends online say or do something, it affects you. But if your acquaintances online say or do something, it does not. People on average have about 106 Facebook friends, but only 5 or 6 real friends."
Author: Nicholas A. Christakis
11. "You don't have any friends, your sister dumped you, you're a freak eater..and you've got some weird thing about Simon Snow.""I object to every single thing you just said."Reagan chewed. And frowned. She was wearing dark red lipstick."I have lots of friends," Cath said."I never see them.""I just got here. Most of my friends went to other schools. Or they're online.""Internet friends don't count.""Why not?"Reagan shrugged disdainfully."And I don't have a weird thing with Simon Snow," Cath said. "I'm just really active in the fandom.""What the fuck is ‘the fandom'?"
Author: Rainbow Rowell
Quotes About Online Friends Pictures