Famous Quotes About Orchestral
Browse 19 famous quotes and sayings about Orchestral.
Top Quotes About Orchestral
1. "For a short while she considered the idea of orchestral courtesy. Certainly one should avoid giving political offence: German orchestras, of course, used to be careful about playing Wagner abroad, at least in some countries, choosing instead German composers who were somewhat more ... apologetic."
Author: Alexander McCall Smith
2. "Talk—half-talk, phrases that had no need to be finished, abstractions, Chinese bells played on with cotton-tipped sticks, mock orange blossoms painted on porcelain. The muffled, close, half-talk of soft-fleshed women. The men she had embraced, and the women, all washing against the resonance of my memory. Sound within sound, scene within scene, woman within woman—like acid revealing an invisible script. One woman within another eternally, in a far-reaching procession, shattering my mind into fragments, into quarter tones which no orchestral baton can ever make whole again."
Author: Anaïs Nin
3. "Most of my recorded material has been in small group configurations. I have not released large orchestral works as recordings because it hasn't been within the realm of possibility."
Author: Bill Dixon
4. "I love making music, I love composing on my computer, just making crazy ethnic slack orchestral tracks, that's one of my fun things."
Author: Casey Abrams
5. "I found a brief piece of by Antonio Vivaldi around this time which became my ‘Pinhead Mood Music'. Called Al Santo Sepolcro (At The Holy Sepulchre), it opens more like a piece of modern orchestral music, and although it it moves toward Vivaldi's familiar harmonies, there is always the threat that it will fall back into dissonance. The piece progresses in an exquisite agony, poised on a knife edge between beauty and disfigurement, joy and sorrow, pleasure and pain. Perfect."
Author: Doug Bradley
6. "Bjork, I'd love to do something with her. I'd love to do some sort of crazy orchestral choir thing with her."
Author: Ellie Goulding
7. "It's true I've always been attracted to the jazz band in an orchestral way, rather than a band way."
Author: Gerry Mulligan
8. "The baritone can serve functions that the alto and tenor cannot, in orchestral voicing."
Author: Gerry Mulligan
9. "It was both exciting and frustrating to work with an orchestral group."
Author: Ken Hensley
10. "The act of vomiting deserves your respect. It's an orchestral event of the gut."
Author: Mary Roach
11. "We just sang real simple songs in a simple way that got to people. We didn't try to tart them up with orchestral arrangements and all the stuff. We were all blues fanatics. We like R+B and blues and simple, gut-feeling music."
Author: Mick Ralphs
12. "The embrace of present and past time, in which English antiquarianism becomes a form of alchemy, engenders a strange timelessness. It is as if the little bird which flew through the Anglo-Saxon banqueting hall, in Bede's Historia Ecclesiastica Gentis Anglorum, gained the outer air and became the lark ascending in Vaughan Williams's orchestral setting. The unbroken chain is that of English music itself."
Author: Peter Ackroyd
13. "I'm obviously very keen on the theater and I think it's inevitable that some of the orchestral and chamber pieces have got dramatic elements which might even suggest an unspecified dramatic plot of some kind or other, even though it's not in my mind at the time."
Author: Peter Maxwell Davies
14. "I feel at home in an orchestral score."
Author: Placido Domingo
15. "I have always studied my parts with the orchestral score and not with the piano reduction."
Author: Placido Domingo
16. "She looked me in the eye without saying anything. We both knew what was going to happen next. There would never be a better moment. I leaned over and kissed her on the lips and if we had have been actors in a movie, the camera would have panned upwards at that point to capture fireworks exploding in the sky. I didn't need any fireworks or orchestral symphonies to complete the moment though, because for me it was perfect exactly the way it was."
Author: Ronan O'Brien
17. "You're a princess on roller skates. People like you skate through life on shiny gold blades to full orchestral music with the wind at you back. Everything comes easy to skaters...Everyone loves you"
Author: Shelley Coriell
18. "One morning in the middle of a big orchestral session, a well-dressed woman with a frown on her face said, ‘It sounds kind of slow to me. Can't you take it up an octave or something?"
Author: Susan Hamilton
19. "Yes was a band where we could explore some of those ideas, but I knew that if I wanted to get into orchestral music and make a living at it, movies seemed to be a perfect spot."
Author: Trevor Rabin
Quotes About Orchestral Pictures