Famous Quotes About Pang
Browse 264 famous quotes and sayings about Pang.
Top Quotes About Pang
1. "Seorang pangeran mungkin bisa didapat dari dilahirkan, tapi seorang pangeran sejati harus diciptakan, tidak ada seorang pun yang sempurna sejak dilahirkan. Mungkin banyak pangeran yang lahir untuk menjadi raja tapi jauh lebih banyak raja-raja besar yang diciptakan oleh lingkungan dan berasal orang biasa tanpa memiliki apa pun dari awalnya. Dengan kerja keras, keringatnya dan ketulusan hatinya yang ingin membahagiakan banyak orang membuat Tuhan memberkati jalannya." - wise old man to little Jaime"
Author: Adam Aksara
2. "This evening, which I have tried to spirit away, is a strange burden to me. While time moves on, while the day will soon end and I already wish it gone, there are men who have entrusted all their hopes to it, all their love and their last efforts. There are dying men or others who are waiting for a debt to come due, who wish that tomorrow would never come. There are others for whom the day will break like a pang of remorse; and others who are tired, for whom the night will never be long enough to give them the rest that they need. And I - who have lost my day - what right do I have to wish that tomorrow comes?"
Author: Alain Fournier
3. "But he was afraid of being insincere and telling lies in the presence of death. It was on a fine winter's day, shot through with sunlight. In the pale blue sky, you could sense the cold all spangled with yellow. The cemetery overlooked the town, and you could see the fine transparent sun setting in the bay quivering with light, like a moist lip."
Author: Albert Camus
4. "Kamu nggak pernah tau gimana cinta itu datang dengan sendirinya, tanpa bisa kamu kendalikan. Andai aja aku bisa mengatur dan meminta pada siapa aku akan jatuh hati, tentu persoalannya akan lebih gampang. Nggak akan ada yang tersakiti dan menyakiti..."
Author: Anastasia Ervina
5. "..Pamanku yang berjiwa lapang dan merupakan umat Nabi Muhammad yang amat pemurah, menyediakan kopi miskin dalam menu warungnya. Sesekali, secara diam-diam, pamanku menyuruh kami menambahkan gula untuk kopi miskin, karena ia tak sampai hati pada kaum yang papa itu. Namun aneh, pembeli melarat yang telah terbiasa dengan kopi miskin malah tak menyukai hal itu. Pelajaran moral nomor dua puluh dua: kemiskinan susah diberantas karena pelakunya senang menjadi miskin."
Author: Andrea Hirata
6. "...I've gotten endless signs of the greatness of God's love and hilarious care, but I always end up needing a newer sign, maybe one that is cuter and more spangly."
Author: Anne Lamott
7. "Aku ingin menjadi penopang untuk jiwanya yang rapuh. Sekuat yang aku bisa."
Author: Arini Putri
8. "Look, we play the Star Spangled Banner before every game. You want us to pay income taxes, too?"
Author: Bill Veeck
9. "Hindi ba mas tama na sa halip na maliitin ang kabataan dahil sa binabasa nilang manunulat ay purihin sila sa pagbabasa, at saka samantalahin ang pagkakataon para hikayatin sila at ipakilala sa iba pang makabuluhang libro? O masyadong malaking abala 'yon sa inyo?"
Author: Bob Ong
10. "Kung alam ko lang na pwersado rin akong magtatrabaho nang ganito, nagsikap na lang sana ako sa eskwelahan nung bata ako. parehas lang naman palang nakakapagod. at least pag nakapag-aral ka, may pag-asa ka pang magkaroon ng magandang kinabukasan at makatulong sa iba."
Author: Bob Ong
11. "Will Jehovah go down and be perfect? Not even one tiny sin? Think about that, Ammon. Is it possible? He will be spit upon and reviled, mocked, and hated by far lesser men, and yet he will never, not once, have an uncharitable thought, not a single pang of regret or ounce of self-pity. He will be hated and beaten, like some mongrel dog, while lesser men pass their judgment - and you believe he will never, not once, feel any anger or wish for revenge? Remember, it won't be good enough that he do the right thing. He can't even feel the wrong way, for that too is a sin. He must have perfect control over his body, his will, and his mind. He can't experience a moment of selfish anger or miss a single opportunity to serve. He can't entertain one self-serving notion, unkind thought, or harsh word! Not even one sin! What can do that, I ask?"
Author: Chris Stewart
12. "They asked him for help rebuilding the farm, but e only shook his head with a pang of longing in his heart. I'm tracking your killers",he whispered to his uncle.-Eragon"
Author: Christopher Paolini
13. "I live in Topanga Canyon, which is like a faux-rustic enclave in Los Angeles. I love the sounds of all the critters outside - the frogs, owls, crickets, and birds. Some of the birds around here are pretty accomplished musicians. You can learn a lot from them."
Author: Cliff Martinez
14. "The green sea swept into the shallows and seethed there like slaking quicklime. It surged over the rocks, tossing up spangles of water like a juggler and catching them deftly again behind. It raced knee-deep through the clefts and crevices, twisted and tortured in a thousand ways, till it swept nuzzling and sucking into the holes at the base of the cliff. The whole reef was a shambles of foam, but it was bright in the sun, bright as a shattered mirror, exuberant and leaping with light."
Author: Colin Thiele
15. "But he sleeps on the top of his mastwith his eyes closed tight.The gull inquired into his dream,which was, "I must not fall.The spangled sea below wants me to fall.It is hard as diamonds; it wants to destroy us all."
Author: Elizabeth Bishop
16. "I can remember standing in the middle of the field after the race and seeing the American flag raised and hearing 'The Star Spangled Banner' and all the people singing it. Then I walked off the field and just kind of enjoyed the feeling."
Author: Elizabeth Robinson Schwartz
17. "Minsan ang katangahan ay parang sipon. Hindi namamalayan pero kusang dumadapo. Walang gamot. Naiiwasan sa pamamagitan ng tamang life style o pagaalaga sa sarili. Pero hindi 100% na sipon-free kahit ang pinakamalusog na tao. Kapag dinapuan, may mga paraan para mapabilis ang pagtigil. Hindi nakakahiya ang magkasipon. Natural lang yan. Pero wag naman ipagmalaki kung meron na. Wag hayaang tumulo-tulo, lumobo-lobo at ipakitang apektado ang pagsasalita, panlasa, pandinig, at paningin.Wag ipangalandakan ang katangahan, tulad ng sipon, nakakahawa at baka maraming maapektuhan. Eto ako, di lang nagpakita, inirampa pa ang katangahan."
Author: Eros S. Atalia
18. "Jika hati ini seluas lapangan,bukan berarti cinta itu sebuah bola sepak yang bisa digiring kesana kemari.."
19. "Kita umumnya gampang termakan desas-desus karena kita hidup bertahun-tahun tak terlatih untuk menganalisis dan berpikir empiris. Dan berkibarlah sumber pengetahuan kita lewat dogma, desas-desus, dan dukun."
Author: Goenawan Mohamad
20. "Writing from memory like this, I often feel a pang of dread. What if I've forgotten the most important thing? What if somewhere inside me there is a dark limbo where all the the truly important memories are heaped and slowly turning into mud?"
Author: Haruki Murakami
21. "And I… iyaaaa… will always love youuuu…. Huooohhh….Henry memutus panggilan, dan seketika itu juga ahjumma Whitney Houston berhenti menggelegar.-Cerita 7: Cho Kyu Hyun and the Choco Pie, TMHOLT-"
Author: Ida R. Yulia
22. "Daniel felt a sudden pang of regret that something of importance was coming to an end, something so important that it was as if his very life was ending. He struggled to control his voice, while at the same time he became aware of a real pain gripping his chest. He had survived the time of oppression but not the time of freedom."
Author: Ivan Klíma
23. "Apa peduli saya bagaimana tampangnya? Saya cukup cantik untuk kami berdua, menurut saya! Semua luka ini hanya menunjukkan bahwa suami saya pemberani!.."
Author: J.K. Rowling
24. "He watched the aperture of the young women's lovely face close ever so slightly and felt a pang in his heart."
Author: James Collins
25. "I looked at Lucas with the pang that a parent feels when he knows his child will be hurt and that it's no one's fault and that to try to preempt the rites of passage is an act of contempt for the child's courage."
Author: James Lee Burke
26. "För att ta livet av en människa behöver man ju inte sikta med Buck Jones revolver och göra pangpang med den. Det var inte så jag menade. Utan man kan också döda en människa i sitt hjärta. Man gör så att man slutar att tycka om den människan. Och en vacker dag är den människan död."
Author: José Mauro De Vasconcelos
27. "Nalilimot ng bawat isa sa inyo na habang napag-iingatan ang isang bayan ang kaniyang wika, napag-iingatan din nito ang katibayan ng kaniyang paglaya, katulad ng pagpapanatili ng isang tao sa kaniyang kasarinlan, upang mapanatili niya ang kaniyang sariling paraan ng pag-iisip. Ang wika ang pag-iisip ng bayan."
Author: José Rizal
28. "Upang matawag na isang dakilang kritiko, wala nang hihigit pa sa pagpapamalas ng kawalang-kasiyahan sa lahat ng bagay."
Author: José Rizal
29. "The roof of the big top was dark blue, spangled with silver stars, and it reminded him of something but he couldn't think what, and then he realized it was the roof - the vault of heaven - in a side chapel at the Catholic church where his mother dragged them three times a day on Sunday when they were very small, until she ran out of energy and let the devil have them. (One Good Turn)"
Author: Kate Atkinson
30. "Never did a tree fallThat did I not feel a pangFor rightly said when they are non man will be gone..For The very air is replenished by them treesWhen they are gone the air will thicken and we all will dieWill become rubbles our forts and tower..Only weeds and stones to coverThe unsightly mounds we leave..-Lonesome Gods"
Author: Louis L'Amour
31. "Over the last couple of years, the photos of me when I was a kid... well, they've started to give me a little pang or something - not unhappiness, exactly, but some kind of quiet, deep regret... I keep wanting to apologize to the little guy: "I'm sorry, I've let you down. I was the person who was supposed to look after you, but I blew it: I made wrong decisions at bad times, and I turned you into me."
Author: Nick Hornby
32. "Just as there was a first instant when someone rubbed two sticks together to make a spark, there was a first time joy was felt, and a first time for sadness. For a while, new feelings were being invented all the time. Desire was born early, as was regret. When stubbornness was felt for the first time, it started a chain reaction, creating the feeling of resentment on the one hand, and alienation and loneliness on the other. It might have been a certain counterclockwise movement of the hips that marked the birth of ecstasy; a bolt of lightening that caused the feeling of awe. Contrary to logic, the feeling of surprise wasn't born immediately. It only came after people had enough time to get used to things as they were. And when enough time had passed, and someone felt the first feeling of surprise, someone, somewhere else, felt the first pang of nostalgia."
Author: Nicole Krauss
33. "Orang zaman dulu miskin sampai nak beli selimut pun tidak ada duit. Ada suami isteri yang tidur berlaga belakang sebab nak tumpang panas. Tapi Alhamdulillah sampai ke tua tak pernah berbalah sampai cerai-berai. Orang hari ini gaji besar, dua tiga bulan bercerai. Ini menunjukkan bahagia itu bukan pada harta yang banyak, tetapi pada jiwa yang tenang. Tenang ini bukan boleh beli di market, tapi ia datang daripada Allah SWT.."
Author: Nik Abdul Aziz Nik Mat
34. "Kau mengabdi pada tanah ini, tanah yang memberimu nasi dan air. Tapi para raja dan para pengeran dan para bupati sudah jual tanah keramat ini pada Belanda. Kau hanya baru sampai melawan para raja, para pangeran, dan para bupati. Satu turunan tidak bakal selesai. Kalau para raja, pangeran, dan bupati sudah dikalahkan, baru kau bisa berhadapan pada Belanda. Entah berapa turunan lagi. Tapi kerja itu mesti dimulai.(Gadis Pantai, h.121)"
Author: Pramoedya Ananta Toer
35. "Alam dan manusia telah membikinnya tidak brdaya dalam umur yang baru setengah abad. Sejak meninggalkan kampung halaman dan keluarga ia hanya mengenal penderitaan, tindasan, dan aniaya. Kami hanya dapat menangis dalam hati. Dan itupun tidak berguna. Orang-orang Jepang yang telah menindasnya sampai ia jadi begitu sekarang mungkin hidup senang di tengah keluargaya. Ya, sejak 1950, mungkin sudah sejak 1945."
Author: Pramoedya Ananta Toer
36. "Kau tidak mengabdi padaku man, tidak, man. Kalau kau cuma mengabdi padaku, kalau aku tewas kau tinggal hidup, kau mengabdi kepada siapa lagi? kau cari Bendoro baru, kalau dia juga tewas? Kau mengabdi pada tanah ini, tanah yang memberimu nasi dan air. Tapi para raja dan para pangeran dan para bupati sudah jual tanah keramat ini pada Belanda. Kau hanya baru sampai melawan para raja, para pangeran, dan para bupati. Satu keturunan tidak bakal selesai, man. Kalau para raja, pangeran, dan bupati sudah dikalahkan, baru kau bisa berhadapan pada Belanda. Entah berapa turunan lagi. Tapi kerja itu mesti dimulai."
Author: Pramoedya Ananta Toer
37. "Juga jangan jadi kriminil dalam percintaan-yang menaklukan wanita ddengan gemerincing ringgit,kilau harta dan pangkat.Lelaki belakangan ini adalah juga kriminil,sedang perempuan yang tertaklukan hanya pelacur."
Author: Pramoedya Ananta Toer
38. "My life has become a dismal sigh fettered by pangs of grief and anguished weeping."
Author: Richelle E. Goodrich
39. "It was sad leaving the BBC; not quite like being divorced, but you don't leave after a period stretching from 1960 to 1999 without feeling a certain number of pangs."
Author: Richie Benaud
40. "He feels a second pang now for the existence of perfection, the stubborn existence of perfection in the most vulnerable of things and in the face of his refusal-logical-admirable refusal-to engage with this existence in his heart, in his mind. For the comfortless logic, the curse of clear sight, no matter which string he pulls on the same wretched knot: (a) the futility of seeing given the fatality in a place such as this where a mother still bloody must bury her newborn, hose off, and go home to pound yam into paste; (b) the persistence of beauty, in fragility of all places!, in a dewdrop at daybreak, a thing that will end, and in moments, and in a garden, and in Ghana, lush Ghana, soft Ghana, verdant Ghana, where fragile things die."
Author: Taiye Selasi
41. "Untuk membuat hati kita lapang dan dalam, tidak cukup dengan membaca novel, membaca buku-buku, mendengar petuah, nasihat, atau ceramah. Para sufi dan orang-orang berbahagia di dunia harus bekerja keras, membangun benteng, menjauh dari dunia, melatih hati siang dan malam. Hidup sederhana, apa adanya, adalah jalan tercepat untuk melatih hati di tengah riuh rendah kehidupan hari ini. Percayalah, memiliki hati yang lapang dan dalam adalah konkret dan menyenangkan, ketika kita bisa berdiri dengan seluruh kebahagiaan hidup, menatap kesibukan sekitar, dan melewati kebahagiaan hidup, bersama keluarga tercinta."
Author: Tere Liye
42. "I wake up every morning singing 'The Star-Spangled Banner.'"
Author: Terry McAuliffe
43. "In this little room full of people he was suffering the pangs of men whose egos lose their virginity—as happens when they overhear for the first time a beautiful woman's undiluted, full-strength opinion of their masculine selves."
Author: Tom Wolfe
44. "We all admire the spangled acrobat with classic grace meticulously walking his tight rope in the talcum light; but how much rarer art there is in the sagging rope expert wearing scarecrow clothes and impersonating a grotesque drunk! I should know."
Author: Vladimir Nabokov
45. "My Lady Baroness, who weighed three hundred and fifty pounds, consequently was a person of no small consideration; and then she did the honors of the house with a dignity that commanded universal respect. Her daughter was about seventeen years of age, fresh-colored, comely, plump, and desirable. The Baron's son seemed to be a youth in every respect worthy of the father he sprung from. Pangloss, the preceptor, was the oracle of the family, and little Candide listened to his instructions with all the simplicity natural to his age and disposition."
46. "Passion doesn't count the cost. Pascal said that the heart has its reasons that reason takes no account of. If he meant what I think, he meant that when passion seizes the heart it invents reasons that seem not only plausible but conclusive to prove that the world is well lost for love. It convinces you that honour is well sacrificed and that shame is a cheap price to pay. Passion is destructive. It destroyed Antony and Cleopatra, Tristan and Isolde, Parnell and Kitty O'Shea. And if it doesn't destroy it dies. It may be then that one is faced with the desolation of knowing that one has wasted the years of one's life, that one's brought disgrace upon oneself, endured the frightful pang of jealousy, swallowed every bitter mortification, that one's expended all one's tenderness, poured out all the riches of one's soul on a poor drab, a fool, a peg on which one hung one's dreams, who wasn't worth a stick of chewing gum."
Author: W. Somerset Maugham
47. "She says, "But in contentment I still feelThe need for imperishable bliss."Death is the mother of beauty; hence from her,Alone, shall come fulfillment to our dreamsAnd our desires.Is there no change of death in paradise?Does ripe fruit never fall? or do the boughsHang always heavy in that perfect sky,Unchanging, yet so like our perishing earth,With rivers like our own that seek for seasThey never find, the same receding shoresThat never touch with inarticulate pang?"
Author: Wallace Stevens
48. "Words, so much more readily remembered, gradually replace our past with their own. Our birth pangs become pages. Our battles, our triumphs, our trophies, our stubbed toes, will survive only in their descriptions; because it is the gravestone we visit, when we visit, not the grave. It is against the stone we stand our plastic flowers. Who wishes to bid good morrow to a box of rot and bones? We say a name, and only a faint simulacrum of its object forms itself (if any at all does)- forms itself in that grayless gray area of consciousness where we put imaginary maps and once heard music; where we hunt for lost articles and diagram desire."
Author: William H. Gass
49. "Mati itu gampang Chris! Tarik pelatuk dan tembak, maka kamu akan mati! Tapi hidup itu sulit oleh sebab itu kamu harus terus hidup dan mengatasi semua tantangannya. Tunjukkan bahwa kamu juga layak hidup!"
Author: Windhy Puspitadewi
50. "Tradisi Islam-Arab kita masih sangat membutuhkan kerja keras intelektual yang sistematis lewat kajian cemerlang sehingga dapat menyajikan nilai-nilai budaya Arab orisinal yang bersih dari berbagai kesesatan pemikiran dan penyimpangan akidah kepada generasi saat ini. Sudah barang tentu upaya pengkajian ini harus diawali dengan penyelarasan antara segi-segi maknawi pada tradisi tersebut dengan panduannya yang berasal dari kalangan intelektual terkemuka sehingga tidak lagi terjadi apa yang sering kita dengar dan sering kita lihat tentang eksploitasi tradisi yang berakhir pada kesia-siaan dan suatu saat hanya menjadi beban kekecewaan."
Author: Yusri Abdul Ghani Abdullah
Quotes About Pang Pictures