Famous Quotes About Paperwork
Browse 71 famous quotes and sayings about Paperwork.
Top Quotes About Paperwork
1. "But the most precious research to me came from the paperwork filed on behalf of my grandparents and great-grandfather. The ship's manifest showed that they could read and write. I am still emotional when I look at those boxes checked yes."
Author: Adriana Trigiani
2. "There's a vorg loose," Meroka explained. "In case that escaped your attention. Ricasso's doing his bit for Swarm, trying to kill the thing before it sucks someone's brains out. Now he might be able to find time in his schedule to file that paperwork you need, but I'm guessing it's going to be a stretch, what with a monster on the loose and the ship being in a state of fucking emergency and all." She smiled sweetly. "So, what's it going to be? You going to let them out, or do I have to get, you know, truculent."
Author: Alastair Reynolds
3. "When I got the paperwork for Superstars, and I saw they asked what size swimsuit I wear, I had a hot flash, nearly broke into cold sweats and hired a trainer immediately."
Author: Ali Landry
4. "Just as in policing there is an emphasis on civilians to help with paperwork, we must free up trained and experienced social workers to focus on children, not bureaucracy."
Author: Andy Sawford
5. "He had hours of paperwork ahead of him. All this paper would one day be the downfall of the Empire."
Author: Arthur Slade
6. "Here all of nature was captured, labeled, arranged according to a logic that seemed as timeless as if ordered by God, perhaps a God who had mislaid the original paperwork on the Creation and had requested the Field Museum staff to help him out and keep track of it all."
Author: Audrey Niffenegger
7. "A change in paperwork [birth certificate] can't erase words stamped on the human heart."
Author: Charles Martin
8. "I'll work with her." For now. Then he gave Z a steady look and drew his line in the sand. "You are the owner, sir, but they're my trainees. I would be most grateful if you could remember that." Don't do it again.Gray eyes level, Z tilted his head in acknowledgement and slid the trainee's paperwork down the bar top.With a grin, the bartender set a drink on the bar. "You know, Marcus, you say fuck you almost as politely as the boss."-Master Z, Marcus and Cullen"
Author: Cherise Sinclair
9. "Misdirected focus on paperwork, on procedures, and on bureaucracy frustrates teachers and fails to give children the education they need."
Author: Christopher Bond
10. "More time on paperwork means less time spent with students or preparing lessons for students. It is as simple as that. The numerous reforms in the bill will go a long way to free our time of special educators."
Author: Christopher Bond
11. "Bryant wanted to be outside digging up corpses and chasing (as much as his bad leg would allow)unscrupulous but fiendishly brilliant villains through the back alleys of the city. Instead he was meeting a clerk about forgotten bits of paperwork."
Author: Christopher Fowler
12. "The Colorman slid off the morgue slab to the cold floor. Bullets pooped from his wounds and plopped on the stone as he limped naked around the room looking for something to wear. All the dead were either naked, too ripe, or too tall for him to use their clothes, so he settled on a white mortician's coat that trailed out behind him as he went. The morgue attendant pretended not to see him as he passed, figuring that a spontaneous reanimation would require paperwork that he did not wish to fill out."
Author: Christopher Moore
13. "Management cares about only one thing. Paperwork. They will forgive almost anything else - cost overruns, gross incompetence, criminal indictments - as long as the paperwork's filled out properly. And in on time."
Author: Connie Willis
14. "Paperwork wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for all the paper. And the work."
Author: Darynda Jones
15. "Let's have a look at your paperwork," I said as I glanced at the neatly stacked forms. "Mr. Crocker."
Author: Denise Grover Swank
16. "OFSTED has made large cuts in the paperwork which schools are asked to provide and further steps to reduce the bureaucratic burden will be introduced in September."
Author: Estelle Morris
17. "Actually ideas are everywhere. It's the paperwork, that is, sitting down and thinking them into a coherent story, trying to find just the right words, that can and usually does get to be labor."
Author: Fred Saberhagen
18. "A young Captain Bradford is waiting for you in the ballroom.He's spent many hours filling out parliamentary paperwork,as well as a lengthy wait for parliamentary approval,before I would allow him to see you."The full meaning of this sank into Azalea's mind, and she fairly leaped up the stairs,giddy to her center."
Author: Heather Dixon
19. "The simultaneous scream sounded from teh twins. Borth clasped their hands over their mouths, their eyes wide with horror. Azalea followed their gaze.There, in patches of light, scratched-up Fairweller held a weeping clover in his arms, cradling her head against his shoulder. He murmured into her ear.Delphinium screamed."Oh, Clover, how could you?" said Eve."Is he a good kisser?" said Hollyhock.The King had no words as he strode to them. In an instant he had torn Fairweller away from Clover, wound up, and boxed Fairweller straight in the face.Fairweller stumbled backward and fell to the floor, glass crunching beneath him."You may fill out your resignation paperwork tomorrow," said the King. "ExPrime Minister Fairweller!"
Author: Heather Dixon
20. "Barabas placed a stack on the table and held the chair out for me. "For you." "I'm hungry and I don't have time for this." Barabas's eyes held no mercy. "Make time, Alpha. You have two hands. You can eat and sign simultaneously." Curran grinned. "Enjoying my suffering?" I asked. "I find it hilarious that you'll run into a gunfight with nothing but your sword, but paperwork makes you panic." Barabas put a thicker stack in front of him. "This is yours, m'lord." Curran swore."
Author: Ilona Andrews
21. "I'd signed six things and my stack wasn't getting any smaller. It was like the paperwork was breeding while I worked."
Author: Ilona Andrews
22. "Butch rustled the sports section around, leaned over to kiss Marissa on the shoulder, then went back to the CCJ. In response she glanced up from her paperwork for Safe Place, rubbed his arm, and went back to what she was doing. She had a fresh bite mark on her neck and the glow of a very satisfiedfemale in her face."
Author: J.R. Ward
23. "You just asked me to marry you," he said, still waiting for me to admit some kind of trickery."I know.""That was the real deal, you know. I just booked two tickets to Vegas for noon tomorrow. So that means we're getting married tomorrow night.""Thank you."His eyes narrowed. "You're going to be Mrs. Maddox when you start classes on Monday.""Oh," I said, looking around. Travis raised an eyebrow."Second thoughts?""I'm going to have some serious paperwork to change next week."He nodded slowly, cautiously hopeful. "You're going to marry me tomorrow?"I smiled. "Uh huh""You're serious?""Yep.""I fucking love you!" He grabbed each side of my face, slamming his lips against mine. "I love you so much, Pigeon," he said, kissing me over and over."
Author: Jamie McGuire
24. "I sat back in my wooden chair as they signed the paperwork and stared down at the arm rests, studying the various layers of paint, the chips and cracks. How many hands had gripped them? I wondered. What lives were attached to those hands, what dreams were shattered, what sorrows were they trying to squeeze out of their souls?"
Author: Jimmy Santiago Baca
25. "Dr. Gingrich and Mrs. Goodhall had prevailed upon the board of trustees; the board had requested that Larch comply with Dr. Gingrich's recommendation of a ‘follow-up report' on the status of each orphan's success (or failure) in each foster home. If this added paperwork was too tedious for Dr. Larch, the board recommended that Larch take Mrs. Goodhall's suggestion and accept an administrative assistant. Don't I have enough history to attend to, as is? Larch wondered. He rested in the dispensary; he sniffed a little ether and composed himself. Gingrich and Goodhall, he said to himself. Ginghall and Goodrich, he muttered. Richhall and Ginggood! Goodring and Hallrich! He woke himself, giggling.‘What are you so merry about?' Nurse Angela said sharply to him from the hall outside the dispensary.‘Goodballs and Ding Dong!' Wilbur Larch said to her."
Author: John Irving
26. "Those wire baskets where you leave your paperwork to die..."
Author: Jordan Castillo Price
27. "I've actually considered going with my married name, Julia Hall, but all the paperwork."
Author: Julia Louis Dreyfus
28. "...and next thing you know, six of my best apprentices get purged for minor paperwork discrepancies and perhaps an unreported cock or two."
Author: Kameron Hurley
29. "I went down for a week with the Houston Marshals. I didn't know that they hated paperwork as much as I hated it. They loathe it, man. They want to be in their cars catching the bad guys. They don't want to be filling out paperwork about the bad guys, you know, and the ones they've caught."
Author: Kelli Giddish
30. "I'll take him to the hospital " Bernardo said "but what do we put on the paperwork " "Tell them it was a lover's quarrel " Olaf said. "Over my dead body " I said. "Eventually " he said. "Don't be a sick fuck Olaf " I said."
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
31. "Zebrowski says that if you killed someone else just hide the body, he's not starting over on the paperwork."
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
32. "My own prescription for health is less paperwork and more running barefoot through the grass."
Author: Leslie Grimutter
33. "She stands like she's trouble, and though her jagged haircut is trying too hard to tell me that she doesn't care what I think, the pugnacious set of her mouth tells me everything I need to know about why she got dropped out of all those schools. The hair is what tells me she needs help, all right, but her mouth tells me she doesn't need that much and she probably just needs time to work it out for herself. And I want, want, want to tell her not to sign the paperwork and to instead go out with me and live happily ever after in a tiny apartment in Baltimore because I always liked Baltimore and we could have two poodles, both shaved strangely to attract attention because I can see that's a big part of her, and pretty much eat take out spring rolls every night, because that's a big part of me."
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
34. "English rain feels obligatory, like paperwork. It dampens already damn days and slicks the stones."
Author: Maureen Johnson
35. "You're...a demon hunter?''It's not as exciting as it sounds,' he said. 'There is a surprising amount of paperwork involved."
Author: Maureen Johnson
36. "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork."
Author: Peter De Vries
37. "Peggy snorted. "Zombies rise and we're still doing paperwork."
Author: Rhiannon Frater
38. "If possible, try to avoid pushing each other over the edge, as that would cause me extra paperwork."
Author: Rick Riordan
39. "The Doctor: Hello, I've come to see the Lord Mayor.Idris Hopper: Have you got an appointment?The Doctor: No, just an old friend passing by, bit of a surprise. Can't wait to see her face!Idris Hopper: Well, she's just having a cup of tea.The Doctor: Just go in there and tell her "the Doctor" would like to see her.Idris Hopper: "The Doctor" who?The Doctor: Just "The Doctor". Tell her exactly that, "The Doctor".Idris Hopper: Hang on a tic.[Idris goes inside. There is the sound of a teacup smashing and Idris returns.]Idris Hopper: The Lord Mayor says "thank you f-for popping by." She'd love to have a chat, but, um, she's up to her eyes in paperwork. Perhaps you would like to make an appointment for next week...The Doctor: [happily] She's climbing out the window, isn't she?Idris Hopper: Yes, she is."
Author: Russell T. Davies
40. "I leave her to chemically combust and find Wren in the student council office, filling out extremely interesting paperwork. He's buried behind piles of the stuff. I can barely see tufts of his blonde hair poking out. I reach into the paperwork pile and shove the two halves aside. Hundreds of them fall off the desk and to the floor. Papers drift through the air like snowflakes. Fat, boring-ass snowflakes. Wren looks up, face slack with shock. "Whatcha doing?" I ask. "Dividing up funding for the other clubs," He whispers, clearly distraught. A paper plops onto his head and slides off dejectedly. I'm respectful for three seconds. "So anyway, I had this nightmare in which Jack was sexy and Kayla died."
Author: Sara Wolf
41. "I'd like to do a film in Canada, but it's too difficult. National Film Board funding takes too long, and there's too much paperwork; by the time the film is approved the topic is dead and gone."
Author: Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy
42. "You know, I could fire you. I could even arrange to get you killed. Or kill you myself. (Joe)Ooo, big scary threat. That might hold water if it wasn't for the fact that I know how much you hate paperwork. (Tee)"
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
43. "Normally the first to read the small print, I had deliberately hidden away any paperwork that referred to this ridiculous task, and now I found myself kissing goodbye to a laptop, a mobile phone and two fully-loaded MP3 players, not to mention the halogen light that allowed me to work through the night if I so desired. I stared disconsolately out over the shimmering tarmac and wondered if I might be granted permission to shave my legs."
Author: Tabitha McGowan
44. "He was like a huge smug albatross waddling around my desk, squawking vacuously and crapping all over my paperwork."
Author: Tana French
45. "It was a Magnum .32, CIA issue, gray, mean, heavy, capable of blowing a man away at thirty paces, and leaving nothing more than a red mist, a ghastly mess, and a certain amount of paperwork."
Author: Terry Pratchett
46. "So much paperwork to read! So much paperwork to push away! So much paperwork to pretend he hadn't received and that might have been eaten by gargoyles."
Author: Terry Pratchett
47. "Procrastination is probably my worst habit out of many. Especially when it comes to paperwork."
Author: Tom Conti
48. "We can lick gravity, but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming."
Author: Wernher Von Braun
49. "To the teacher weighed down with paperwork, I say: you've been messed around too often. You came into teaching to spend your time teaching children not filling in forms."
Author: William Hague
50. "It's a joke in the zoo business, a weary joke, that the paperwork involved in trading a shrew weighs more than an elephant, that the paperwork involved in trading an elephant weighs more than a whale, and that you must never try to trade a whale, never."
Author: Yann Martel
Quotes About Paperwork Pictures