Famous Quotes About Patiently Waiting For Love
Browse 23 famous quotes and sayings about Patiently Waiting For Love.
Top Quotes About Patiently Waiting For Love
1. "In a world of sorrow, love was an act of will. All you needed were the right ingredients."
Author: Alice Hoffman
2. "Don't let two men fall in love with you, girls. It's not the sort of thing that ends well."-Uncle Charles"
Author: Ally Carter
3. "Nadya Zelenin and her mother had returned from a performance of Eugene Onegin at the theatre. Going into her room, the girl swiftly threw off her dress and let her hair down. Then she quickly sat at the table in her petticoat and white bodice to write a letter like Tatyana's.'I love you,' she wrote, 'but you don't love me, you don't love me!'Having written this, she laughed.She was only sixteen and had never loved anyone yet. She knew that Gorny (an army officer) and Gruzdyov (a student) were both in love with her, but now, after the opera, she wanted to doubt their love. To be unloved and miserable: what an attractive idea! There was something beautiful, touching and romantic about A loving B when B wasn't interested in A. Onegin was attractive in not loving at all, while Tatyana was enchanting because she loved greatly. Had they loved equally and been happy they might have seemed boring.("After The Theatre")"
Author: Anton Chekhov
4. "We have been friends for a long time now. Every day spent with you is like a wonderland of surprises. I've stood back, watched and listened as you told me of your past loves. If you only knew that there is a true love waiting for you--patiently. A hug from you makes me feel brand new. But these are words I'll never say, and so I will just sit back, patiently waiting; loving you in silence."
Author: Bethany Walkers
5. "We all love a good story. We all love a tantalizing mystery. We all love the underdog pressing onward against seemingly insurmountable odds. We all, in one form or another, are trying to make sense of the world around us. And all of these elements lie at the core of modern physics. The story is among the grandest -- the unfolding of the entire universe; the mystery is among the toughest -- finding out how the cosmos came to be; the odds are among the most daunting -- bipeds, newly arrived by cosmic time scales trying to reveal the secrets of the ages; and the quest is among the deepest -- the search for fundamental laws to explain all we see and beyond, from the tiniest particles to the most distant galaxies."
Author: Brian Greene
6. "I think films are harder because you have almost no rehearsals. I love the rehearsal process, but in films you have no opportunity to get things right. You may never get it right in theater, either, but at least you have the opportunity to make it better. In films, I'd go home at night and think, 'Oh, God, that's how I should have done the scene.'"
Author: Brooke Adams
7. "So they gave me love in form of poison and tiny little pills, programming my emotions, teaching me how to feel. To act correct and talk correct and answer without knowing the question, because that, my dear, is how you get love. Yes that, dear youth, is how you'll be loved. I tried to medicate my own fucked up little mind with chemicals and adrenaline, tasting sweeter every night, shaking louder every time. Sitting wide awake in bed until the world disappears, writing poetry to concentrate on something real while waiting for the love to arrive.I've been looking for it night after night, waiting patiently for it to show up, maybe somewhere in between the state of awake and asleep, alive and not so alive, sober and not so sober.(I lost track of the difference somewhere in between.)"
Author: Charlotte Eriksson
8. "Love wasn't forcing someone to feel the same thing you do for your own benefit. Love is patiently waiting for centuries to touch someone's lips again, love was giving up everything of yourself to let someone else be safe. Love is that breathless feeling when you want someone. It's the need to be a part of someone or you won't feel whole"
Author: Christine Zolendz
9. "Closing down in the midst of pain is a denial of a man's true nature. A superior man is free in feeling and action, evenamidst great pain and hurt. If necessary, a man should live with a hurting heart rather than a closed one. He shouldlearn to stay in the wound of pain and act with spontaneous skill and love even from that place."
Author: David Deida
10. "Indeed, women like Peterman who admitted they joined the army for adventure as opposed to patriotism or love were often viewed with skepticism and derision by the press because their actions and motivations failed to conform to accepted romantic and cultural ideals."
Author: DeAnne Blanton And Lauren M. Cook
11. "Once, when I was puzzled to know why there were so many religions, he said: "There is one universal religion, Helen- the religion of love. Love your heavenly father with your whole heart and soul, love every child of God as much as you ever can, and remember that the possibilities of good are greater than the possibilities of evil; and you have the key to heaven." And his life was a happy illustration of this great truth. In this noble soul love and widest knowledge were blended with faith that had become insight. He saw God in all that liberates and lifts, in all that humbles, sweetens and consoles."
Author: Helen Keller
12. "Is God present or is he absent? Maybe we can say now that in the center of our sadness for his absence we can find the first signs of his presence. And that in the middle of our longings we discover the footprints of the one who has created them. It is in the faithful waiting for the loved one that we know how much he has filled our lives already. Just as the love of a mother for her son can grow while she is waiting for his return, and just as lovers can rediscover each other during long periods of absence, so also our intimate relationship with God can become deeper and more mature while we wait patiently in expectation for his return."
Author: Henri J.M. Nouwen
13. "Mouths are self-loathing and prejudiced, because one mouth will never talk to another mouth—it'll only talk to two ears. Likewise, the hatred is so great that one mouth will never listen to another mouth, even if it's saying I love you."
Author: Jarod Kintz
14. "Those who have died live in coffins while those who live die in waiting for death. Some people wait patiently for death to come, enjoying life and living peacefully, as others rush to their destruction. Holding true for much of humanity, we like to destroy ourselves. The pointless tragedies of warfare and love lead to the common theme- a murder of pure innocence."
Author: Jules Haigler
15. "Jude remembered this pain. Every woman had felt some version of it: the end of first love. It was when you learned, for good and always, that love could be impermanent."
Author: Kristin Hannah
16. "Of all things love is the most potent."
Author: Maria Montessori
17. "I look at her wish we could go inside and make love on the couch.Dive inside each other.Take each other.Make each other. Nothing happens, though."
Author: Markus Zusak
18. "Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary."
Author: Oscar Wilde
19. "The most visible form of Jesus's not-of-this-world kingdom is the radical, head-turning love of one's enemies, even (or especially) when we are suffering at their hands. Peter mentions this cruciform enemy-love no fewer than ten times in five chapters, making it the artery of the letter."
Author: Preston Sprinkle
20. "Forget it." She turned to the closed door of the bathroom. "Forget I said anything. I take it back." Just as she pulled the door open, he was behind her, slamming it shut. With one hand planted in front of her face, Max said next to her ear, "You can't take it back now." "Yes, I can." "No." He leaned his big body into her and shoved her against the door. "I heard you." His hot breath brushed her temple. "You love me Lola. I won't let you take it back. You can't ever take it back."
Author: Rachel Gibson
21. "Call it inevitable, call it the doomed fate of love. Call it karmic, fucked up, the dance of the wolves. Live it, love it, call it life. Call it Led Zeppelin. Yeah, yeah. Really, I don't really, really don't fucking care."
Author: Rebecca Godfrey
22. "I love Canadians. They are the coolest, nicest, most patriotic people, and they will support their countrymen no matter what, and I think that's commendable."
Author: Ronda Rousey
23. "It is better to do what you love for work, but if it is your day job that enables an unpaid passion, then your life is still sweeter. What is important is that you make time for your dreams, not whether or not you get paid for it."
Author: Tara Moss
Quotes About Patiently Waiting For Love Pictures